LS980 4.4 update thread ZVC is here

Search This thread

jeniss

Oct 22, 2014
ls980 32gb kitkat flashing

Can someone guide me to manually update LG g2 sprint 32gb (rooted)
currently running ls980zva and OTA(ls980zvc) is not getting installed.

I am new to flashing stuff please suggest easy method

Thanks,
Jenis

effikhan

Apr 4, 2015
Islamabad
Sprint LG 2 ls980

Hi guys i am newbie , i am looking update my lg g2 ls980 from 4.2.2 jelly bean to offcial 4.4.2 kitkat , i tried ota but it show ur software is up to date , Guide me step by step How To update to kitkat 4.4.2 .because i had lost on of my mobile because i flash some thing wrong .

software version : ls980zv8

RohanM

Oct 19, 2012
Hi guys i am newbie , i am looking update my lg g2 ls980 from 4.2.2 jelly bean to offcial 4.4.2 kitkat , i tried ota but it show ur software is up to date , Guide me step by step How To update to kitkat 4.4.2 .because i had lost on of my mobile because i flash some thing wrong .

software version : ls980zv8
How u r still on zv8? Is it not taking ota in the background?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

effikhan

Apr 4, 2015
Islamabad
You can't tot to zvc? That is new

Has to be modified for GSM. With updates disabled.

How u r still on zv8? Is it not taking ota in the background?

that's the reason i don't know what happining , when i tapp update they say your mobile is upto date .when i check andriod version its 4.2.2 plz guys help me How i can update to kitkat or lollipope ,,, i don't know what is KDZ/tot plz Guide

RohanM

Oct 19, 2012
How to ? I would like to know .
I mean I know how to unlock it.. But want to stop disable OTA completly.. I want to be stuck on ZVD.. Zve and zvg mess up the things ..

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

that's the reason i don't know what happining , when i tapp update they say your mobile is upto date .when i check andriod version its 4.2.2 plz guys help me How i can update to kitkat or lollipope ,,, i don't know what is KDZ/tot plz Guide
Flash zve .tot and then take ota to zvg.. Simple.

Last edited:

secret.animal

Aug 1, 2010
Lake Villa
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Try these links to get you going

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656275

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

How to ? I would like to know .
I mean I know how to unlock it.. But want to stop disable OTA completly.. I want to be stuck on ZVD.. Zve and zvg mess up the things ..

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Be rooted and look for something with update. You should be able to do a search on settings for updater.

effikhan

Apr 4, 2015
Islamabad
How to Enable Update on GSM modified.

You say Update it is Disable how Can i Enable to Get the Updates and If i get these Updates Does this will lock my phone ? sorry for bad English Guys...

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Thanks man for the support . I would like to know how to flash Zve.tot i mean can u give the step by step it will really help me and what software should i use . second is that in this thread they give link to codefire where there is two type file one zip zve and another is zve simple folder with some file with in so please guid me on that on what sequece should i use them. it will be so nice of you.

thanks

RohanM

Oct 19, 2012
You say Update it is Disable how Can i Enable to Get the Updates and If i get these Updates Does this will lock my phone ? sorry for bad English Guys...

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

Thanks man for the support . I would like to know how to flash Zve.tot i mean can u give the step by step it will really help me and what software should i use . second is that in this thread they give link to codefire where there is two type file one zip zve and another is zve simple folder with some file with in so please guid me on that on what sequece should i use them. it will be so nice of you.

thanks

Here you go

Reactions: effikhan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Figured i would start this thread seeing as the Verizon has its own now. This way all of the sprint rumors, speculation and or whatever involving the 4.4 update can be put here. This way we are not digging through so many pages to find a few that relate to the sprint variant.
    I'm more looking forward to a pre-rooted upgrade.zip over the OTA.

PC will be in Ubuntu while I am at work. @Savoca has the kernel ready. Just need to undo the wifi tether so it patches correctly to test. Rest assured we'll be testing one in short order.

Here's mine.

22d7d735e9def15f3dd803c6f687b579910f732c.LS980ZVA_01-LS980ZVC_12_update

All: Download link direct from Google: http://android.clients.google.com/p...79910f732c.LS980ZVA_01-LS980ZVC_12_update.zip

(thanks Autoprime for posting the links for prior OTAs!)
    I know you all are excited for KK, but I would strongly advise not going about this on your own for now unless you're on COMPLETELY STOCK ZVA (no TWRP, no root). While you might be successful otherwise, I wouldn't play with it right now. There are some issues right now that devs are actively working on.

In case you're thinking "gee -viperboy-, you're sure a stick in the mud!", as a dev, I have some idea of what I'm doing, and while testing something out for this, I am unable to get into download mode anymore. Someone else lost LTE during testing. These issues will all be figured out soon, but I really hope people heed my advice and hang on for a little bit longer.