[Q] Gingerbread update is here!

Search This thread

vypor87

Mar 10, 2011
Dallas
That's for droid 2. However, aceoyame on rootzwiki discovered some ginger fun for the d2g. Haven't tried it myself but I hear you should get the TBH App if you want root.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using XDA Premium App

jeanpiere

May 31, 2007
Gingerbread Leak

That's for droid 2. However, aceoyame on rootzwiki discovered some ginger fun for the d2g. Haven't tried it myself but I hear you should get the TBH App if you want root.

I updated to the leaked GB Rom this morning, it has the newer, lighter "blur" interface. The system is quite fast, faster than stock froyo, and it appears that wifi issues and gsm issues have been solved. It's not yet freely rooted, but i'm gonna use it some more for today and report on any additional findings.
So far, awesome speed, apparent wifi and gsm fixes, seems to be using skinned, stock GB keyboard.

vypor87

Mar 10, 2011
Dallas
I updated to the leaked GB Rom this morning, it has the newer, lighter "blur" interface. The system is quite fast, faster than stock froyo, and it appears that wifi issues and gsm issues have been solved. It's not yet freely rooted, but i'm gonna use it some more for today and report on any additional findings.
So far, awesome speed, apparent wifi and gsm fixes, seems to be using skinned, stock GB keyboard.

P3Droid has it rooted. I have yet to try it as I'm currently at work but I'm ready to try some rooted gingerblur when I get home. Currently I've been running HeXen 1.0.1 Froyo and it has been solid. Absolutely no random reboots and good battery life. Although it did make me realize blur does have some decent apps like the alarm clock, contacts and dialer.

abalsor

Mar 7, 2011
Geneva,NY
Yea, my bad was D2... running rooted gb, and not completely hating it.... just waiting till Miui is ready w/the updated CM7

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

jbroderick

Aug 20, 2008
Houston, TX
Update Available

I just ran a Check-in (*#*#checkin#*#*) and then checked for update in the settings > about and i recevied a download notification. I am downloading it over Wi-Fi right now. Could I post the update for everyone to download?

Reactions: haroldz123

haroldz123

Jan 25, 2011
i was on rooted .606 leaked GB

i re-flash back to stock .330 then ran update from the phone menu

downloaded it n rooted using D3 one click method

adithveeresh

Oct 9, 2009
Network Message after upgrading to GingerBread 2.3.3

My Droid 2 came with a Froyo which did not show any network message after a call or a message was successful. After upgrading to GingerBread 2.3.3 this issue started and I am not able to get rid of it. Basically this message comes as a pop-up after the call is made or a when a message is sent. This message contains a box sort of image and the title of the pop-up says "Network Message". Is there anyway i can disable this message. The phone was purchased in US and was bought to India. Waiting for a response eagerly.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts