Votes: 6 14.0%
  • other

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

xtian63

Jun 15, 2005
Manila
lets what version/country/region of the phone do owners have that are getting ghost calls more than other so we can determine which(region) rollout of GB had the most Ghost call issues

ThiaiZ

Sep 23, 2010
Eskilstuna
Sweden 2.3.5: Missed calls from 2 person + sms from 1. That's what I know, it can be more.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA App

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Australia 2.3.5 20B Optus Australia and earlier the 21A Europe open, missed on average 3 phone calls a day and all the corresponding voice notification SMS telling me that I missed the calls and that someone left voice mail for me.

Last edited:

tpoints

Mar 17, 2008
Singapore..just upgrade to gb and is having ghost call and sms since with froyo

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

kwpun

Mar 24, 2005
Singapore GB v20b......
Have several Ghost calls and bad battery after upgrading from froyo a week ago.
But after goto the stock recovery menu (vol down + 3D + Power buttons) and do the "Wipe Cache partition", the phone became normal again.
No ghost call and the battery life became the same as froyo (at least for these few days)!

sorry for my bad english!

Last edited:

Brunehaud

Dec 14, 2010
Some ghost calls in Belgium (mobile network : base.be)

I got one or two ghost calls a day with V21A rooted and the same with V21B unrooted of course

Belgium (mobile network : base.be) I use 3G and wifi

I went back back today to V10D rooted.

sak500

Sep 9, 2011
Dubai
Me.
Plenty of those on a daily basis. Happened both on Optimus PT and Vodafone PT.
Ghost calls and SMS.
V21A and V21B tested.

Since yours is not rooted or in anyway lost it's warranty pls do report to your teleco of stopping the GB LGO3D upgrade and sales of this phone. That's the only way to hurt LG otherwise they are busy churning out phones one after another w/o supporting the previous ones.

zeel_zeel1

Apr 24, 2008
Mehsana
Fed up with LG baseband crash. Tried almost everything

3 button wipe
Stock upgrade with no root
All versions tested 21a, 21b, 20a but no luck.

Ghost call problem still exists.

tpoints

Mar 17, 2008
"Wipe cach partition" works..till now no ghost call and sms ..

Down vol+3d button+powerbutton to go to the menu

Hopefully solution can last..
Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

dejiko

Nov 5, 2010
Bad LG

2.3.5 21A, Hong Kong,
average 2 ghost call everyday(Total 10-15 calls/day)
Tried:
Replace a SIM card from network provider
Root or not root
remove all "Auto-kill" apps

When use the phone call a number but it say: "... re-organize ... network...", the P920 is in "GHOST CALL MODE". No incoming call and message.

I tried use a home tel line to call it in "Ghost Call Mode", then shutdown the phone, the home tel can still hear a normal ringtone. Once I remove the battery, the home tel will go to busy tone.

linuxluver

Aug 21, 2009
Auckland
3dluver.blogspot.com
Depends on the telco I use.

I have an P925G with Rogers (Canadian telco) livery. I bought it last August via mobicity, unlocked. I have used it in New Zealand (mainly) and Canada (December / January - Froyo - on a Bell Canada SIM).

My default telco is Telecom New Zealand. I am on their WCDMA-only "XT"-branded network (WCDMA freqs: 850MHz and 2100MHz). I had the phone set to "HSPA only" in 'network mode'.

After the Gingerbread update, I soon noticed I wasn't getting calls or text messages after the phone had been running for a few hours. Missing those calls and texts from the wife asking for a ride home on a rainy day brings such things into very sharp focus.

I did a factory reset....That made no difference.

I then swapped in a SIM for another telco (2Degrees) who operate both GSM (dual-band) and HSPA (2100MHz only), but my phone was still set to 'HSPA only' mode.

On 2Degrees, the P925G with Android v2.3.5 performed flawlessly. No drop-outs. No missed messages. I tested it randomly through each day for a week from the other two networks using my other phones. No problems at all.

Today, I swapped the Telecom XT SIM back into the P925G and changed the network mode to "GSM / HSPA auto". Maybe that will see the phone take a different path though the firmware and help me avoid the phone / txt drop outs. It's been an hour....and the phone is still working....but that was normal anyway.

Last edited:

pandaball

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2011
Singapore v20E. First known ghost call today when I was testing a GSM development board (Quectel M10). Other than that no other known ghost calls so far.

prodesk

May 4, 2009
Last italian firmware upgraqde from LG.
Ghost call (and sms) sametimes but is very difficult to know how many missed call or sms.
It seems that disablign 3g will solve the problem , but it is not easy to establish how many calls are lost

Stinger2U

Feb 17, 2012
Široki Brijeg
Bosnia and Herzegovina, provider: Eronet. Never rooted my phone
Bought it two months ago (unlocked) and updated it via the official LG update program a couple of weeks ago. Don't know how often I get ghost calls but I have confirmed at least 10 of them. It seems that switching to "2g only" helps but i can't confirm that since there is no way to know if i missed any calls, but I'm guessing I probably have.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA

Top Liked Posts