[Discussion]Dead pixels, dust under screen..

Search This thread

koge

Feb 15, 2008
Won mine from a contest. Now im worried that i cant even exchange this.

20131114_081405.jpg

edgarzin

Dec 3, 2010
When my screen is all black, i See this red stain on my screen.
Does anybody now the reason?
Can i return it and get another tablet? Im in Brazil now, how this exchange is done?
I bought it right after launch.
Thanks.

pokemaniac15

Nov 7, 2013
Bought my N7.2 last Nov. 10. At first, I was having a blast with it. Had no problems, until I saw 1 blue stuck pixel at the bottom. It was freaking me out but I ignored it until I saw another stuck white pixel. And if I look closely at the screen, I could see the scanline or pixel lines or whatever you called it. I couldn't take it anymore so I brought it to an Asus Service Center and they said that, since the N7 is a new product, they don't have parts yet. The dude told me that they order a LCD and it would take 3-4 weeks. And I couldn't get it replaced at the retail store that I bought it cause it only has a "7 Days Factory Defect Return" policy. I'm really starting to doubt Asus' build quality on N7s.

rpcdv

Dec 2, 2013
Dead pixels twice

First nexus i received had 3 dead pixels, changed it at the store and that one i received 1 big dead pixel (see attachment) in the middle of the screen, i'm affraid to go back to the store for a 3rd one, :(

Should i try a 3rd one ?

I am not a big apple fan but i think i'm gonna trade in my nexus for a quality checked Ipad.

Attachments

• WP_20131202_007.jpg
    WP_20131202_007.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 251

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
Mine is flawless :thumbup: I wasn't even going to get one since my old N7 is still chugging along with 0 issues but after getting my N5 I was really noticing my old ones age, so when I saw this guy on sale for $225 for a 32GB I went for it. Don't regret it yet, no dead pixels, dust, or any other issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

lolwatpear

Nov 24, 2011
Did this happen to anyone? I had my nexus 7 for about a week and thought it was nearly perfect. It had minimal light bleed and only occassional touch screen issues if I didn't put enough pressure on the screen when it was on a soft surface. The moment I took it out of the box, I checked for dead pixels and any other screen defects, and it certainly had none. Then yesterday 2 stuck pixels showed up (stayed white on black background) out of the blue. Sadly, I had to return it as I would always end up noticing them, and it would make me crazy.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
First nexus i received had 3 dead pixels, changed it at the store and that one i received 1 big dead pixel (see attachment) in the middle of the screen, i'm affraid to go back to the store for a 3rd one, :(

Should i try a 3rd one ?

I am not a big apple fan but i think i'm gonna trade in my nexus for a quality checked Ipad.

lololol quality checked ipad? go Google screen issues with ipads.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk 4

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
Everyone is talking about defects wouldn't this early build date have issues?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mines got the June build date .. got it like 3 days before it was officially released when best buy sold them early.. it has the small piece of dust under the screen, but hardly any light bleed. I kept this one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk 4

Pandae

Dec 14, 2013
Nobody gives a sht. Why don't you add something useful to the convo, idi0t?

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

Nobody cares. All it seems like you're trying to do is rub it in the face of the OP and anyone else with problems. How about you just sht the f-kc up or add something useful to the convo? You sound like a little kid on the playground trying to make yourself feel better by saying sht like that.

You registered to post that?

Try taking your own advice. Nobody cares about your reply to someone's post from July.

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
All companies have garbage quality control. We either have to live with it not bother with their products at all.

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
I got mine from GameStop (new) and it has a dead pixel around the center of the screen. I'm not going to take it back though. I'm satisfied with it as a tablet. Its barely noticeable, but once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

conspiracyBE

Jul 5, 2011
Limburg
Mine has a large blue smudge on the screen.
Clearly visible when the background is black.

I have a rooted device with a custom ROM.
Do they check this? What is the best way to unroot my device?

brenty108

Jan 12, 2011
santa flora
Well I have about three specks of dust under my screen, I believe that it came through the speakers or something. Put on a top rated screen protector and cannot really use the tablet on cold mornings due to loss of responsiveness caused by said screen proctor especially when I wipe the screen. I guess some times you really can't have you cake(or KitKat) and eat it too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not gonna exchange because the next one could be worse. I'm not dealing with this again lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Communist Chinese Quality Control has never existed ..... Why is anyone surprised that the Bar has once again been lowered and Quality Control is the user replacing his unit 3 or 4 times until he gets one that works AS ADVERTISED ...

Why spend money on Quality Control when the Suckers ... er I mean Consumers will do it for you for free?

I don't blame the Chinese, I blame the Suckers who think this shoddy workmanship and QC is acceptable behavior and accuse anyone that expects to get EXACTLY what was advertised to them as Trolls .... Expecting your device to WORK AS ADVERTISED is now considered trolling???

Go figure ....

I worked in the R&D department of a industrial controls manufacturer back in the mid-90's who was making touchscreen process controllers and I would have been embarrassed (not to mention fired on the spoit) to put out such poor quality equipment. NASA, the US Military or Ford (To mention a few of our customers) would have sued our pants off if our QC was as shoddy as 90% of what I see coming from China these days .... They are dishonest, thieves and they exploit their Workers even worse than the Capitalists 100 years ago ....

Hopefully Google bringing Motorola Mobility's smartphone line back to America will change things around or at least stop the continued lowering of the Quality Bar we've seen the last 10-15 years .... Used to be even Consumer devices and their components had a minimum average lifespan of 20 years, now it's closer to 2-3 years and we are pitching 100-500 dollar devices into the landfill because 50 cents worth of capacitors failed

That kind of nonsense is simply economically unsustainable and part of the reason for the Economic Collapse of 2008 and the failure to recover from it .... An Economy built on Junk is going to be a Junk Economy
    You're just probably the only one who cares enough to want a perfect product.

That wasn't meant with any hostility, I'm just saying that most people don't even take the time to make sure their device is perfect.

No... Just no... How can you post saying he's the only one that cares in a now 26 page thread about people complaining about dead pixels?
    "You're the only one that cares" saying it like he has OCD or something.
    No, he just bought a new product and was not expecting a screen with defects.

Let's see: What is the main feature of a tablet? ITS SCREEN.

Do you want to pay full price for a device with a defective screen?

Really weird to hear apologists for Asus' ****ty QC.
    Knock it Off Please

Ok, I've been called in to put an end to argumentative behaviour.

It's almost 12 midnight, but yet I come here to decide .... WHAT? What started as a user saying they are satisfied with no bleed or bad pixels.

Yet, some other, seems to think they are Lying??? WTH....

Come on people, get a life or take matters into your own hands. But no.... people just don't want to believe.

So a Mod has to come in to settle things. And, this Mod ain't happy.

A word of warning;

XDA was founded for developers. The fact we expanded, to allow others to join, is because we allow you to. You are a guest. There is no freedom of speech (contrary to misbelief), and we have rules to follow.

You wanna see the rules, Google XDA rules.. We have 5 million+ users.

So knock it off with calling people liars. You want to do something, then PM me.

I will review all posts tomorrow for possible infractions.

Enough said... carry on.

MD
    yeah I'm hardly noticing the dust so idc, I'm not going to return it to possibly get one with more dead pixels or other issues. no electronics are perfect in today's age.. nobody has good quality control because it's just mass produced stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This is what happens when poorly educated MBA's and CEO's make decisions best left to the much better educated Engineers ....

MBA's almost ruined Apple in the 90's and they are trying their best to do it again now that the Brains are gone

They took Gateway from being "The most compatible computers in the world' to eMachines quality garbage .....And ironically both owned by Acer (Disclosure: I used to work for and was a minor Equity Investor for Gateway when it was still an Iowa based private corporation in the late 80's and early 90's)

Some Beancounter decided it was cheaper to let the Consumer do Quality Control via the Return Process because it could save a few cents (And a good percentage just live with it increasing their Profit even more) and the Consumer Sheep just accept it, so in the end we have no one to blame but ourselves. If you accept crap and keep on buying their products I can guarantee it will never change for what should be obvious reasons

BTW I also worked for an Industrial Controls company (R&D Tech) who held a lot of the patents on touchscreens (Before the Corporate Raiders sold them all off and fired everyone but the head engineers) and the dust in the screen and dead pixels are a related issue and caused by poor quality Clean Rooms in China (Or maybe just that China has become so polluted Clean Rooms are impossible to maintain ....) Cleanliness is even more important in these high pixel density frameless/bezel-less designs which look to have a long ways to go before they reach maturity (Lightbleed is Sooooooooo 1995)
    Has anyone gotten a 32gb that was built in July

>^.^< Sent from meow HTC One which is like catnip to me atm

I have one from June, with slight light bleed at the top as the only problem.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4