Battery compartment & charging question

Search This thread

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
Hey people,

I have a quick question that google coudln't solve.

1. what does the information inside the battery compartment mean? (Wattage, rating, etc.)

2. If 2 phones have the same rating and use the same charger, why does one charge significantly faster than the other?

3. |EXTRA CREDIT| Is there anyway to hack a phone/battery to stay powered on beyond the default voltage?

Thanks in advance!!

asimowalk

Jun 20, 2012
Hey people,

1. what does the information inside the battery compartment mean? (Wattage, rating, etc.)

2. If 2 phones have the same rating and use the same charger, why does one charge significantly faster than the other?

3. |EXTRA CREDIT| Is there anyway to hack a phone/battery to stay powered on beyond the default voltage?

Thanks in advance!!

1. They're the ratings of the power supply (battery) the phone needs to operate. It needs that voltage to operate and the phone will draw that amount of current.

2. It could be anything from different battery capacities (if you're talking two different phone models, look for mAh on the batteries) to one phone doing more in the background than the other to minor manufacturing variations.

3. I don't understand what you mean by this question. I guess you're talking about how to get more battery life out of the phone? Google should help with that, you're probably just not wording the question properly.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: lingowistico

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Hey people,

Thanks in advance!!

1. exactly what it means, wattage, etc

2. charger usb end could be wired differently, not all are wired the same even though they look the same

3. no .... i want the credit

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
@vincom @member thanks for the responses. and the 3rd was about the modding a phone/battery/kernel to utilize virtually the whole battery instead of shutting off at the usual voltage rating for the phone model.

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
@vincom @member thanks for the responses. and the 3rd was about the modding a phone/battery/kernel to utilize virtually the whole battery instead of shutting off at the usual voltage rating for the phone model.
Volt and mAh. You're probably talking about mAh.
I can't say I know, but, I think that roms such as CM will usually eat up all of the battery if you let it.
Also it's bad for these kind of batteries to be fully emptied. It decreases their volume so that every time you fully empty this battery it will charge a little bit less energy when recharged. It's better to leave a little bit of energy (like 5%). :good:

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
Volt and mAh. You're probably talking about mAh.
I can't say I know, but, I think that roms such as CM will usually eat up all of the battery if you let it.
Also it's bad for these kind of batteries to be fully emptied. It decreases their volume so that every time you fully empty this battery it will charge a little bit less energy when recharged. It's better to leave a little bit of energy (like 5%). :good:

Honestly at the rate most people switch phones and being the owner of a phone with a removable battery, As long as I'm getting the longest battery life that all that matter's :cool: thanks to companies like anker. also I understand your point though.

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
Honestly at the rate most people switch phones and being the owner of a phone with a removable battery, As long as I'm getting the longest battery life that all that matter's :cool: thanks to companies like anker. also I understand your point though.

I don't get your point.
Do you mean that these phones are just throwaway devices like those red plastic liquor cups so you might as well squeeze all the juice out of it whil you're at it?

I've had my Skyrocket for a year now and I bought it used too. I'm going to keep it until it f**king dies from natural causes. :D
Not because I have to, but because I realized that I don't need a phone with an ultra HD display, an octa-core CPU and 8 gigs of ram.

It's past ridiculous now, now it's just redundant. The peak of the smartphone as we know it has come an end, see how the difference between the S3 and the S4 is not as big as it was between the S2 and the S3? Same thing with Iphone5 and 5S.
It's because there's no point. We don't need that much power in our phones. We don't even notice the difference in performance.

They have to come up with totally new stuff for the hype to rise again. They're going to drag it out though. Because you know, money.

There are some interesting ideas that are being held back on purpose, like the smartphone-dock that turns it into a PC. Do you see Apple / Samsung selling these docks? Of cource not. Because without it they can sell the same thing twice: as two separate devices.
Or how the software is made in a specifc manner that it makes your phone seem slow.. and it makes you want to buy an new and "better" phone. Really, software nowadays is like there's no such thing as optimization.

Haha pouring my soul out here lolz, cheerio mate :p

Meanwhile, here's Nokia's Morph concept:

Last edited:

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
I don't get your point.
Do you mean that these phones are just throwaway devices like those red plastic liquor cups so you might as well squeeze all the juice out of it whil you're at it?

I've had my Skyrocket for a year now and I bought used too. I'm going to keep it until it f**king dies from natural causes. :D
Not because I have to, but because I realized that I don't need a phone with an ultra HD display, an octa-core CPU and 8 gigs of ram.

It's past ridiculous now, now it's just redundant. The peak of smartphone as we know has come and went, see how the difference between the S3 and the S4 is not as big as it was between the S2 and the S3? Same thing with Iphone5 and 5S.
It's because there's no point. We don't need that much power in our phones. We don't even notice the difference in performance, unless they bug up the update for the older device so as to demonstrate how much "better" the new one is.

They have to come up with totally new stuff for the hype to rise again. They're going to drag it out though. Because you know, money.

There are some interesting ideas that are being held back on purpose, like the smartphone-dock that turns it into a PC. If you can sell both a PC and a smartphone, then why not?
Or how the software is made in a specifc manner that it makes your phone seem slow.. so as to make you buy a new and "faster" phone.

Haha pouring my soul out here lolz, cheerio mate :p

Meanwhile, here's Nokia's Morph concept:

I feel you sentiment friend.

I agree hence why I got a GS2 skyrocket. I agree as well the majority of innovation happening in phones is the wrong innovation!

Battery life can get better but it a lot more expensive for the consumer if it doesn't. and YOU'RE RIGHT companies are dragging things out but it's honestly because people are mindlessly buying into the galaxy and apple brand. It's sad for us tech dreamers and for true techies.

with that said I do believe I wanna just squeeze the maximum out of my device, within reason though. I believe the battery is within reason since if a batter ygoes beyong it's voltage it's longevity will be shorter but it's only 10$ for a replacement and that's super cheap IMO.

p.s. the nano technology would be awesome! CES has been a bust a lot of years so far because the big companies aren't really trying like you said anymore :/

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
I feel you sentiment friend.

I agree hence why I got a GS2 skyrocket. I agree as well the majority of innovation happening in phones is the wrong innovation!

Battery life can get better but it a lot more expensive for the consumer if it doesn't. and YOU'RE RIGHT companies are dragging things out but it's honestly because people are mindlessly buying into the galaxy and apple brand. It's sad for us tech dreamers and for true techies.

with that said I do believe I wanna just squeeze the maximum out of my device, within reason though. I believe the battery is within reason since if a batter ygoes beyong it's voltage it's longevity will be shorter but it's only 10$ for a replacement and that's super cheap IMO.

p.s. the nano technology would be awesome! CES has been a bust a lot of years so far because the big companies aren't really trying like you said anymore :/

It's not that it's sad. It doesn't matter what brand it is, when your goal is to make as much money as possible then that's what you're going to do.
Yeah I know they're really cheap (at least the knockoffs) I even got two spare ones myself.
Actually, I usually use the battery until the phone dies off. I told you that just in case.
Also a battery's capacity is usually measured in milliampere-hour or mAh. Not voltage. :)

About CES, the big companies are trying very hard indeed, I'm sure thir R&D's are working their butts off. Behind closed doors.
So they can milk this cow for as long as possible.

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
It's not that it's sad. It doesn't matter what brand it is, when your goal is to make as much money as possible then that's what you're going to do.
Yeah I know they're really cheap (at least the knockoffs) I even got two spare ones myself.
Actually, I usually use the battery until the phone dies off. I told you that just in case.
Also a battery's capacity is usually measured in milliampere-hour or mAh. Not voltage. :)

About CES, the big companies are trying very hard indeed, I'm sure thir R&D's are working their butts off. Behind closed doors.
So they can milk this cow for as long as possible.

yeah i know about the mAh but voltage determines the cut off when the shut down happens.

also @vincom @lingowistico last thing lol i think....... I had a nother motive for getting this info, will this charger make my skyrocket charge faster?

http://www.amazon.com/PowerGen-2-4-...ndroid/dp/B0073FE1F0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
I didn't know that about voltage. You learn something all the time, huh? :good:
I have no idea about that charger, I barely passed the electronics class. :eek:

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
I didn't know that about voltage. You learn something all the time, huh? :good:
I have no idea about that charger, I barely passed the electronics class. :eek:

what about any charger? I want one that is gonna fill my battery as fast as possible! Can't be waitin' 3+ hours to charge my phone. My current charger is rated at 5 volts .7 mAh. I NEED a faster charger in my life.

this question is for anyone not just you lol

EQ811977

Aug 30, 2012
Wilmington,De U.S.A.
OnePlus 9 Pro
yeah i know about the mAh but voltage determines the cut off when the shut down happens.

also @vincom @lingowistico last thing lol i think....... I had a nother motive for getting this info, will this charger make my skyrocket charge faster?

http://www.amazon.com/PowerGen-2-4-...ndroid/dp/B0073FE1F0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

That charger most likely will cause a wakelock. I've had similiar charges and they all caused wakelocks. Best bet....use the original charger the phone came with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

EQ811977

Aug 30, 2012
Wilmington,De U.S.A.
OnePlus 9 Pro
Wakelock? Why is that?

Just speaking from expierience. I've had alot of similiar chargers..just all of them did cause wakelocks. I can't say this one will for sure...but i'd rather test a proven product than flip a coin. The original charger the Skyrocket comes with works good. A duel usb At&t branded also works good for me.

Last edited:

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
Just speaking from expierience. I've had alot of similiar chargers..just all of them did cause wakelocks. I can't say this one will for sure...but i'd rather test a proven product than flip a coin. The original charger the Skyrocket comes with works good. A duel usb At&t branded also works good for me.

thanks but the original charger charges super slow! if you read above it takes a really long time for me. also wakelock would be worth faster charging. plus I can remove those easy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people,

Thanks in advance!!

1. They're the ratings of the power supply (battery) the phone needs to operate. It needs that voltage to operate and the phone will draw that amount of current.

2. It could be anything from different battery capacities (if you're talking two different phone models, look for mAh on the batteries) to one phone doing more in the background than the other to minor manufacturing variations.

3. I don't understand what you mean by this question. I guess you're talking about how to get more battery life out of the phone? Google should help with that, you're probably just not wording the question properly.

Hope this helps.