[Q] Pandora Stuttering on Bluetooth. Stock music app is fine.

Search This thread

BigMcGuire

Nov 29, 2010
California
64k is now high quality you say?

sorry, not meaning to be a ****, but just wonder if there's a way to hack this stupid app to get anything higher than 64k on android with my pandora one subscription (cause stock app only does 64, but pandora will do 192 with the desktop user agent in Dolphin browser).

Not a problem - I've had a hard time believing the 192 kbps. Playing the same song on Google Music resulted in 2-3x the quality. I used HitBliss to get a free Pandora One subscription but I hardly use it for the quality reason. Nice to see proof of this. I can't stand the quality difference even if I get Pandora One for free.

bigillz

Jun 30, 2010
glad to hear the 64kbps sounds "perfect" to you. wonder what the hell you were getting before?

"Audio Quality
Pandora on the Web plays 64k AAC+ for free listeners and 192kbps for Pandora One subscribers. All in-home devices play 128kbps audio, and mobile devices receive a variety of different rates depending on the capability of the device and the network they are on, but never more than 64k AAC+."

http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/90985-audio-quality

hope you understand that pandora one plays at 64k on android

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

64k is now high quality you say?

sorry, not meaning to be a ****, but just wonder if there's a way to hack this stupid app to get anything higher than 64k on android with my pandora one subscription (cause stock app only does 64, but pandora will do 192 with the desktop user agent in Dolphin browser).

I find references to that same txt/support article from many years ago, so I'm guessing it's in need of an update. I'll mail support and check. I certainly see higher download rates as it's streaming (transfer rate in notification bar mod).

klittle81

Sep 1, 2010
Fyi, I installed the Verizon kitkat note 3 leak and all my stuttering issues over Bluetooth have been fixed! It also fixes Bluetooth metadata and will display song title, artist.. etc.. using pandora, spotify, iheart.. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I fixed my skipping problem in Pandora. I first noticed the issue running Beans' ROM. I have a Pandora One subscription - I was having a fraction of a second hitch/skip/hiccup in my audio every minute or two, streaming to a Pioneer DNX9990HD head unit. I switched back to stock rom and the problem went away. After a bunch of digging, I found a post suggesting it may be the ad blocking hosts file at fault that shipped with the ROM. Fortunately, that was the case. Beans' ROM installs with a giant hosts file blocking tons of ad sites. Even though I have a Pandora subscription, some ad check / subscription check / feed query that was happening and failing was causing the hiccup. I also felt like the audio quality wasn't the HQ setting I had it on (192kbps) - I can't say for sure this was the case, but it sounded less crisp than normal. It's possible there was a background subscription check occurring and when it failed it was not using the HQ subscription audio quality. Now that I've reverted to a stock hosts file, the hiccup is gone and audio quality sounds perfect.

Yes yakitori2, android 4.3, A2DP streaming all day long, no issues whatsoever. Like I suspected, it had nothing to do with the A2DP stack.

You should also read this lovely news piece - http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...2dp-audio-streaming-fix-for-the-next-release/ , where Google announced in January that the next release of 4.2 (loooong ago, which would be older than our 4.3) would include a fix for the A2DP problems.

Sorry you're still having problems. You should investigate more, very likely some other issue / software on your phone is causing the problem.
    I get stuttering in Pandora while wired to my car, not BT. I did not have this issue on the Note 2 running any Android version (4.1-4.3). Not sure it's a BT issue at all.

lol...key words..."not sure"

refer to source above

Skipping on pandora through headjack can be caused by data handoff...poor signal...all while high quality streaming is checked in settings.

It happens through my headphones occasionally in my gym...because signal doesnt penetrate the building well.

so what do we do now? Continue the..

1 I get stuttering
    2. well I dont
    3. Its still stuttering
    4. mines not
    5. every few seconds to minutes I get a stutter/blip in music
    6. doesnt happen to me on xx phone
    7 its happened to me on all my JB devices since 4.2...and not 4.1...nor 4.4...and theres a source bug site with thousands of complaints..same complaint....
    8. My phone never did it....therefore it doesnt exist.

and........