[Q] How to root Lenovo S939 and install CWM Recovery

Search This thread

vimand

Aug 31, 2008
Unable to Flash Recovery to CWM 5.5.0.4 by using SP Flash tool. Get an Error Message. When I reboot with CWM recovery unable to boot. What could be wrong. By The way which scatter file should be opened.
View attachment 2660078

vimand

Aug 31, 2008
Thanks Downloading Now.:good:

Downloaded and Installed. During the first few flash there was some error message. But managed to install. Looks OK so far. Except for some CHINESE Apps. Is there any Google apps out there that can remove these CHINESE characters from the phone.:laugh:

Amierslims

Sep 17, 2013
Malaysia
Downloaded and Installed. During the first few flash there was some error message. But managed to install. Looks OK so far. Except for some CHINESE Apps. Is there any Google apps out there that can remove these CHINESE characters from the phone.:laugh:

U can use MTK Droid Tool to remove some of chinese apps,download MtkDroidTools v2.5.3,connect ur phone,go to root,backup,recovery and seleted delete china..or u just download Rom tool box pro...and remove any apps that u dun want but b carefull..if u remove some of lenovo security...the next u reboot ur phone..u will have error SECURITY PROBLEM...so to make it safe..dun delete..just freeze all chinese apps....

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

Oh okay got it, i will try with the new link that u provided below, hopefully wont have any major bug :laugh:

For 4.4.2...i try no major bug,if u playing games..u can see it fix bug from 4.2.2 like game GT Racing 2..if u play on 4.2.2..u will get force close and u cannot adjust graphic setting to max..but with this 4.4.2..u can play GT Racing 2 with max setting graphic and no lag...that good...also foe GTA San,with 4.2,i will get black screen..with 4.4.2...u can play that game....this is from my experience using this Rom,dun no other...if u have anythings just share it...

takik123

Oct 4, 2011
U can use MTK Droid Tool to remove some of chinese apps,download MtkDroidTools v2.5.3,connect ur phone,go to root,backup,recovery and seleted delete china..or u just download Rom tool box pro...and remove any apps that u dun want but b carefull..if u remove some of lenovo security...the next u reboot ur phone..u will have error SECURITY PROBLEM...so to make it safe..dun delete..just freeze all chinese apps....

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

For 4.4.2...i try no major bug,if u playing games..u can see it fix bug from 4.2.2 like game GT Racing 2..if u play on 4.2.2..u will get force close and u cannot adjust graphic setting to max..but with this 4.4.2..u can play GT Racing 2 with max setting graphic and no lag...that good...also foe GTA San,with 4.2,i will get black screen..with 4.4.2...u can play that game....this is from my experience using this Rom,dun no other...if u have anythings just share it...

Thanks for ur concern bro. Already try this rom, seems OK,but I think I found some bugs.
-Problem cant connect to camera, also cant use front camera.
-Shown security problem at lower left of screen.

Is there any ways to fix it?

And 1 more thing, where can I get Lenovo Recovery rom for this phone? Thanks in advance :)
-

michailiordanis

Oct 27, 2013
tool dl image fail

After last ota update i wanted to roll back
tried to flash "S939_TWRP_recovery" but phone stuck in bootloop and every time i see this
"tool dl image fail."
what does it mean?
how do i fix it?
i use SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01
Help anyone?

mikeo1313

Dec 23, 2008
factory kitkat

Yesterday I buy new s939 and had to change factory Indonesian language to english.

out of box factory Specs: android 4.4.2 Baseband version
MOLY.WR8.W1 315.MD.WG.MP.V34, 2014/02/24 14:43
Build number VIBEUI_V1.5_1419_5_ST_S939

I tried genius, vroot/iroot, framaroot, genius root, rootmaster and kingroot, none work.
Only kingroot allows me root but I have to re-root after reboot.

While rooted, I made backup with mtk droid root & tool v2.5.3.

I also tried readback rom method with sp tools, always stops @ 800mb, nearly 75% completed because of usb disconnect. I tried this 4 times already.

How do I root???
Since one clicks and readback method didn't work for me, what is most stable rom & method you suggest that will work with my device without sacrificing functionality???
Since I have backup with mtk tool backup, am I safe from bricking phone, just in case?

prefchiba

Oct 9, 2010
The latest kingroot

You should use latest kingroot(ver.4.5.2). Then, re-root is not necessary.
kingroot before version needed re-root.
But you should recognize kingoroot is dangerous.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear Amierslims,

Need your help to install KIT KAT ROM (VIBEUI_V1.5_1411_8_DEV_S939_NK_W_5C44) into Lenovo S939. Tried installing but gives me error
    -STATUS 7 & STATUS 6
    -Tried editing the (updater-script) still same error STATUS 6 & 7
    -I am using CWM Recovery 5.5.0.4
    -Is your ROM custom ROM or official LENOVO ROM

Thanks

Help Much Appreciated.

Hai...i try help u with my own way.
    What u need is :
    1 - S125,S126 Rom File (If u need start from 0)
    2 - SP Flash Tool v5.1348.00 or latest
    3 - Original Lenovo Recovery
    4 - CWM Recovery 5.5.0.4
    5 - VIBEUI_V1.5_1411_8_DEV_S939_NK_W_5C44 Rom (Now have 1413 update)

- First ur phone version must be in version S125,S126 or S129.
    - If ur phone already flash CWM Recovery,u must flash back to original lenovo Recovery using SP Flash Tool,this is because if u want to upgrade to vibe ui 4.4.2..u need original Lenovo Recovery,cannot use CWM,dun't why.
    - After that,Rename VIBEUI_V1.5_1411_8_DEV_S939_NK_W_5C44.zip to update.zip and put in ur internal or external memory.
    - Boot in ur Lenovo Recovery by press Vol +,- and power,selected update package,then let ur phone update by it self,at 50% its like freeze but wait in 1 minute it will continue.
    - And right now im sure ur phone in 4.4.2,remember,in this version..u cannot root ur phone using any one click root like Vroot,even the latest one also cannot,i already try,but i found 1 way to root this version.

What u need to root version 4.4.2 and instaled Gapps :
    1 - SP Flash Tool v5.1348.00 or latest
    2 - CWM Recovery 5.5.0.4
    3 - UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip file
    4 - gapps-kk-20140105-signed file

- After u Succes upgrade to 4.4.2,flash ur recovery to CWM Recovery 5.5.0.4 by using SP Flash Tool
    - Boot into CWM Recovey.
    - Installed 2 file,first UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip and second gapps-kk-20140105-signed (just ignore any problem)
    - Reboot ur system
    - At first Startup,ur phone will update package,its for Gapps.
    - After that u will set ur Google Play Store id.
    - After Finish,ur phone will have all Gapps for 4.4.2 and Rooted with Superuser,no need to root using Vroot anymore and need to replace that root app..

Sorry for my bad english,so this is the way that i used,hope can help u too.. ;)

*Cannot Post Link For UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip and gapps-kk-20140105-signed coz im new in this XDA..so try google ur self.
    *One more things,ur phone will be like factory reset,so backup ur file first
    *After done all,installed Rom Toolbox Pro to remove any Chinese App.
    Im already done root..
    Now need cwm recovery..
    any guide to replace superuser chinese to supersu..

im already follow guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532818
    but not working..

im already find my own way to replace chinese superuser (vRoot) with SuperSU

1.Download SuperSU from Play Store
    2.Open Lucky Patcher, move SuperSU to system/app then phone will reboot
    3.Open Root Explorer, set RW and find Superuser.apk at system/app then delete
    4.At system/app find eu.chainfire.supersu.apk and rename to Superuser.apk
    5.After rename, click to install Superuser.apk from Root Explorer. After finish install then open it.
    6.it will popup ask to update, select CWM install then phone will reboot
    7.After that, phone already have SuperSU.

im already try at 2 phone Lenovo S939 (me and my friend phone)..
    u can try it..
    carliv touch recovery and ported rom are in this link....tq