Working (for me) BT Tethering

Search This thread

Bushrod

May 25, 2006
This is based on this post in the Galaxy Gear General forum:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48950150&postcount=2

I have a Sprint Galaxy S3, rooted stock MK3 with the hotspot mod flashed.

TS is running EnSec Patch & Imperium Operative Installer 20140221, option 2.

This is all from memory, but should be mostly accurate.

1) Enabled Xposed module and restart TS.
2) Installed HackConnectivityService.apk (found in referenced message). Enabled and TS restarted.
3) On phone, installed FoxFi (Sprint/AT&T only)
4) On TS, installed PdaNet(Tablet)
5) On phone, start FoxFi and run through configuation. Don't remember what I did here, but I don't think it was anything unusual.
6) On TS, go to Hack ConnectivityService app. Make sure the hack is activated and choose WiFi. Mobile may also work but I haven't played with that option too much.
7) Start PdaNet(Tablet). Choose configure. Start scanning.
8) Back on phone, Activate Bluetooth Mode. It ask if you want to be visible for 120 seconds. Choose Yes.
9) Back on TS, you should be able to pair with the phone's FoxFi. Click on bottom grey button. It may say Connect, but I can't tell because the screen is too small!
10) You should get a connected screen.

That's the general idea.

Without the Hack Connectivity Service in place, I could only browse the web. By choosing "WiFi" in enables Play Store access and GMail syncing, etc.

Other than the usual TS being unable to maintain a stable BT connection for any period of time, I have only found one other problem. GMail won't automatically sync for me over this connection. I can open GMail and manually check for new and it works fine. Maybe a Tasker script would help.

Last edited:

jdommer

Jan 10, 2012
Chicago
I had an old PDANet license and yup, sure enough this method works. Though it disconnects pretty quickly. Maybe I can figure a tasker script to re-enable it... :)

mortis2600

Nov 28, 2009
the PDAnet app is too big for the screen and the connect button doesn't show for me.

Any ideas for fixes?

Bushrod

May 25, 2006
Maybe have the Omaster and Ocompanion running at the same time?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Bushrod

May 25, 2006
30 minutes so far but I can't get Gmail to sync.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

jdommer

Jan 10, 2012
Chicago

nbarm2

Apr 11, 2011
Does it work for any length of time, or does it drop and not reconnect like the PDANet/Foxfi one?

I'm gonna test it now by leaving it on all day.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

yna4aba3.jpg

This the max speed I'm getting on BT on the TS with 4G on my phone. So far web browsing and play store works with no disconnections.

Last edited:

syounger64

Mar 25, 2012
@Bushrod I noticed you said two specific carriers with foxfi. I have Verizon so would this hack still work beck my foxfi works fine as hotspot for my phone which I dont want because of ts battery issues obviously.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

yna4aba3.jpg

This the max speed I'm getting on BT on the TS with 4G on my phone. So far web browsing and play store works with no disconnections.

gigaguy

Nov 4, 2006
NC
Thanks, this works for me !! Now we need a tasker script to connect automatically, and disable/enable AP mode based on the tether status on the watch. :)

midafaya

Jun 10, 2008
Lille
It works for me too !
A solution to tether through BT !

The cons are that the watch is very laggy when connected through pdanet/foxfi

Does this happen to you too ?

Bushrod

May 25, 2006
I use Dees_Troy's ROM for BT tethering now. I'm lucky to have a watch version that supports it!

MaloyO

Jun 13, 2014
I got this working on my T'S last night after seeing Loki's post on G+.

Using PDANet+ on my phone and PDA Tablet on the TS. It will not allow Google services access to the internet but will allow other apps and general Web browsing.

Not sure how stable the connection is as I didn't test it for long and it did seem to chew though the battery quite quick.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Lokifish Marz

midafaya

Jun 10, 2008
Lille
Maloyo you have to use the hackconnectivity module for xposed framework you can find on xda for Google services to work

Reactions: MaloyO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is based on this post in the Galaxy Gear General forum:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48950150&postcount=2

I have a Sprint Galaxy S3, rooted stock MK3 with the hotspot mod flashed.

TS is running EnSec Patch & Imperium Operative Installer 20140221, option 2.

This is all from memory, but should be mostly accurate.

1) Enabled Xposed module and restart TS.
    2) Installed HackConnectivityService.apk (found in referenced message). Enabled and TS restarted.
    3) On phone, installed FoxFi (Sprint/AT&T only)
    4) On TS, installed PdaNet(Tablet)
    5) On phone, start FoxFi and run through configuation. Don't remember what I did here, but I don't think it was anything unusual.
    6) On TS, go to Hack ConnectivityService app. Make sure the hack is activated and choose WiFi. Mobile may also work but I haven't played with that option too much.
    7) Start PdaNet(Tablet). Choose configure. Start scanning.
    8) Back on phone, Activate Bluetooth Mode. It ask if you want to be visible for 120 seconds. Choose Yes.
    9) Back on TS, you should be able to pair with the phone's FoxFi. Click on bottom grey button. It may say Connect, but I can't tell because the screen is too small!
    10) You should get a connected screen.

That's the general idea.

Without the Hack Connectivity Service in place, I could only browse the web. By choosing "WiFi" in enables Play Store access and GMail syncing, etc.

Other than the usual TS being unable to maintain a stable BT connection for any period of time, I have only found one other problem. GMail won't automatically sync for me over this connection. I can open GMail and manually check for new and it works fine. Maybe a Tasker script would help.
    Thanks. Going to look into this and see if it can't be baked into a patch without the $8 FoxFi part.
    I got this working on my T'S last night after seeing Loki's post on G+.

Using PDANet+ on my phone and PDA Tablet on the TS. It will not allow Google services access to the internet but will allow other apps and general Web browsing.

Not sure how stable the connection is as I didn't test it for long and it did seem to chew though the battery quite quick.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
    Maloyo you have to use the hackconnectivity module for xposed framework you can find on xda for Google services to work