[Q] SGH-I737M - modem issues

Search This thread

cdn_traveller

May 7, 2014
Hi all,

I have a Bell Canada Samsung Galaxy S3 that I can't get the modem to work on. I have Philz recovery on it and have tried a few modem files but neither the wireless or the mobile carrier works.

I have tried putting cyanogenmod on it but am back on a stock ROM at this point. I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do.

The phone boots fine, looks all normal but I just can't get on the mobile network(tried multiple SIM's).

I am really hoping you can help!

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You've had the phone for a while so I didn't think it would be blacklisted.

Since you have the 4.3 bootloader, you need to have a compatible modem and, from my experience, only the mk5 modem will work.

Did you use Odin to flash back to stock?

cdn_traveller

May 7, 2014
Yes, that is how I put the current stock firmware on it. I had cyanogenmod on it at one point...

You've had the phone for a while so I didn't think it would be blacklisted.

Since you have the 4.3 bootloader, you need to have a compatible modem and, from my experience, only the mk5 modem will work.

Did you use Odin to flash back to stock?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I am at a loss as to why you cannot connect to a network. Which carrier do you want to connect with?

scoeas1982

Apr 28, 2014
I am at a loss as to why you cannot connect to a network. Which carrier do you want to connect with?

Hello i hope i can help i have to ran into this problem before and here is what i did to fix it.

Flash the modem using the dl from this forum

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2745607

also once you are done you will need the nv writer and the i747 dl froim teh same forum that will get you all fixed up i promise. Just follow the steps and ready the whole thing first. I looked for three days and finally resolved it with Larrys help

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Hello i hope i can help i have to ran into this problem before and here is what i did to fix it.

Flash the modem using the dl from this forum

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2745607

also once you are done you will need the nv writer and the i747 dl froim teh same forum that will get you all fixed up i promise. Just follow the steps and ready the whole thing first. I looked for three days and finally resolved it with Larrys help

Is the i747 modem compatible with the i747m?