[ROM][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7.2 (Alpha9 - 10/03/2013)

Search This thread

D@rekills4

Nov 6, 2010
Marcellusbe,

I know your probably tired of hearing it, Well done so far. The Rom is out of this world!

I was just wondering what's planned for the next update? Anything exciting?

Sorry I can't donate more, I'm not feeling rich at the moment though, hopefully it's enough to buy you a beer! :)

Thanks!! :D

I am guessing Bluetooth to be partially fixed....

marcellusbe

Dec 29, 2010
Québec City
Waiting for next update.....
Wish I could ask the ETAs....

Marcellusbe,

I know your probably tired of hearing it, Well done so far. The Rom is out of this world!

I was just wondering what's planned for the next update? Anything exciting?

Sorry I can't donate more, I'm not feeling rich at the moment though, hopefully it's enough to buy you a beer! :)

Thanks!! :D

Are there any updates to first page? Still same stage?

Thanks!
Actually, I'm working on the libaudio to fix recording and maybe Bluetooth A2DP.
I'm planning to fix WifiAP and USB notification too.

I'm looking also to fix video codecs (omx libraries etc...).

All that will take several weeks again ... patience.

When new hardware is fixed (BT, libaudio, camera or WifiAP), I will release Alpha7 (android 2.3.7) , patience because as you know, I work on cm7 on my (little) spare time.

Hi,

Loved CM7. But facing disturbances in making/receiving calls.
I had the same problem in the Samsung Roms and solved that by manually selecting the GSM 900 band by using the secret code *#2263#. But this does not work in CM 7. Any one has any alternative?

Will appreciate the help.

Thanks.

I really don't know ... maybe there is an option in the settings .. I will look closely and tell you if I find something interesting.

Last edited:

Smonic

Jul 17, 2011
Behind You
Thanks!
Actually, I'm working on the libaudio to fix recording and maybe Bluetooth A2DP.
I'm planning to fix WifiAP and USB notification too.

I'm looking also to fix video codecs (omx libraries etc...).

All that will take several weeks again ... patience.

When new hardware is fixed (BT, libaudio, camera or WifiAP), I will release Alpha7 (android 2.3.7) , patience because as you know, I work on cm7 on my (little) spare time.

I really don't know ... maybe there is an option in the settings .. I will look closely and tell you if I find something interesting.

I just want to know one thing, does calling actually work on this rom because people have reported it not working.

pranjal18

Sep 22, 2009
hey guys I've got a problem n I wanna know if its common for all or I'm the only one facing the problem...

I installed swype and after every reboot, I need to switch it on again...
also, the default settings for software's also loose their values on reboot...

can anyone tell me a solution?

also the holding down the menu button doesn't pull up the search like it did on froyo. is there any way to activate that?

Last edited:

Smonic

Jul 17, 2011
Behind You
Going to install this rom on the weekend. Downloading it now though :D
Just remembered i have no school the day after tomorrow so i will flash it then. Even better for me!

Rockdrummerc

Jan 1, 2010
Oh wow! I never expected all that in just one update!

Well, as ever, take your time and don't settle for anything less than perfection! Will be eagerly awaiting any and all news about progress.

And just a side note, can people please consider donations? I have friends who heavily develop and the donations help so much!!

Thanks Marcellusbe!!

sheron

Mar 4, 2011
Chennai
hey guys I've got a problem n I wanna know if its common for all or I'm the only one facing the problem...

I installed swype and after every reboot, I need to switch it on again...
also, the default settings for software's also loose their values on reboot...

can anyone tell me a solution?

also the holding down the menu button doesn't pull up the search like it did on froyo. is there any way to activate that?
move swype to internal memory
check it's status in settings>applications
it must be installed in phone memory mif not change it

Reactions: pranjal18

nishant_713

Jul 6, 2011
India
Problem ?

Dunno if a bug or what... sorry if reported earlier.. my microphone doesn't work for any app (like voice actions.. voice recorder talking tom cat or any app requiring microphone)... Although voice calls are working.. so no problem with microphone of course as it is working for calls..

sohail77

Oct 15, 2011
Im facing a heavy battery drain how can i fix it i reflashed the rom 2 times but same result plzzz help otherwise an awsome rom ever made for sg3

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA Premium App

pranjal18

Sep 22, 2009
shall i use ext3 or ext4 partition?

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Im facing a heavy battery drain how can i fix it i reflashed the rom 2 times but same result plzzz help otherwise an awsome rom ever made for sg3

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA Premium App

in cyano settin>performance>cpu use ondemand profile or conservative :)

crazyykw

Jun 16, 2011
Dunno if a bug or what... sorry if reported earlier.. my microphone doesn't work for any app (like voice actions.. voice recorder talking tom cat or any app requiring microphone)... Although voice calls are working.. so no problem with microphone of course as it is working for calls..

+1 to this.. Im having the same issue..

Smonic

Jul 17, 2011
Behind You
So is this problem there only for some or for all? And what's the solution?

There is no solution and it's a problem for all. This rom is in alpha stages so you should expect these sort of bugs.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

I just flashed and theres no android market :/
Any help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

This thread is here to let you know how is the port of CyanogenMod 7 and to discuss about it.

Actually, the CM7 port is in alpha stage, until all the hardware is working. The ROM is very stable and can be used everyday, but you could miss some features that are not yet (fully) working like bluetooth.

Main rules :
    There is no ETA so, please, don't ask.

What is working :
    - Android system 2.3.7 / CyanogenMod 7.2
    - SDcard is usable
    - 2D software renderer with correct aspect ratio
    - Mobile network connection (Fixed 06/02/2011)
    - Wifi module (Fixed 06/02/2011)
    - Sound (Fixed 04/06/2011)
    - Vibrator (Fixed 04/06/2011)
    - Power key menu (04/06/2011)
    - Cpufreq driver (fix cyanogenmod performance setting - 16/06/2011)
    - GPS (19/06/2011)
    - CWM 5.0.2.7 (22/06/2011)
    - Sensors (akm8973 - 20/07/2011)
    - 2D/3D graphic acceleration (07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Camera (07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Video (07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Screen Off CRT animation (29/09/2011 - alpha6.1)
    - Screenshot option menu (29/09/2011 - alpha6.1)
    - FM radio (27/10/2011 - alpha7)
    - USB mass storage (05/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - BLN (06/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Device specific settings - G3 Parts (voodoo sound control integrated) (09/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Audio recording (30/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Sensors (proximity) - (04/12/2011 - alpha7)
    - Wifi AP (10/12/2011 - alpha7)
    - Audio/Video Hardware codecs (16/01/2012 - alpha8 - Thanks lebidou!!)
    - Screen rotation and new transition animations (26/01/2012 - alpha8)
    - OpenFIMG (22/03/2012 - alpha8)
    - Camera preview (22/03/2012 - alpha8)
    - Video camera recording (04/03/2013 - alpha9)

- All languages available (en_US, ar_EG, ar_IL, ur_PK, fa_IR, bg_BG, ca_ES, cs_CZ, da_DK, de_AT, de_CH, de_DE, de_LI, el_GR, en_AU, en_CA, en_GB, en_IE, en_IN, en_NZ, en_SG, en_ZA, es_ES, fi_FI, fr_BE, fr_CA, fr_CH, fr_FR, he_IL, hi_IN, hr_HR, hu_HU, it_CH, it_IT, ja_JP, ka_GE, ko_KR, lt_LT, lv_LV, nb_NO, nl_BE, nl_NL, pl_PL, pt_BR, pt_PT, ro_RO, ru_RU, sk_SK, sl_SI, sr_RS, sv_SE, th_TH, tl_PH, tr_TR, uk_UA, vi_VN, zh_CN, zh_HK, zh_TW)

Check the bugreport thread and use the link below to report a bug :
    http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/issues/list

What don't work for now :
    - Bluetooth (A2DP) (may work on some devices)
    - Bluetooth (SCO)
    - USB tethering
    - ... maybe more

A special thank to mumbozver for making CWM working on G3 and to twinky444 for the usefull fixes/patches he has done to cm7 (some are merged in this build).

Alpha 8.1 running g3mod kernel - Video by Shree_Jamdar(Thanks!!)

Screenshots CM7 running on 5801 :
    20fzubm.png
    jhqvxz.png
    2d1wb44.png
    ogglg0.png
    2ecooz7.png
    11tpwt2.png
    280rqrk.png
    2l9p92v.png
    md1ug1.png
    2ur5d0y.png
    ajtpp3.png
    avo428.png
    300zifd.png

Alpha7
    j5gw81.png
    2di2d75.png
    2v1ail3.png
    2vvjdd2.png
    vfb6fd.png
    2d7ddhd.png

Downloads

!!! DO NOT MIRROR PLEASE !!!

Alpha 9

:: changelog ::
    - Updated to latest CyanogenMod sources
    - MTD (cwm recovery) and BML versions (cwm & odin)

- Kernel OC 1Ghz (2.0) included
    - Modem XXJP4 included (Odin only)
    Changelog CyanogenMod : http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z

ALPHA 9 - CWM Package - BML Version : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7.2.0-GT-I5800_Alpha9_CWM.zip

ALPHA 9 - ODIN Package - BML Version : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7.2.0-GT-I5800_Alpha9_ODIN.zip

Looking for the MTD version ? See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2309390

Kernel standard v2.0 (non oc, BML) : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7_Kernel_standard_2.0.tar
    Kernel OC v2.0 (1Ghz overclock, BML) : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7_Kernel_OC1Ghz_2.0.tar
    Kernel Ultra OC v2.0 (1,2 Ghz overclock, BML) : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7_Kernel_Ultra_1260_2.0.tar

Sources

You can find the device configuration here :

- common repo : https://github.com/sdadier/android_device_samsung_apollo-common
    - galaxy3 (bml) : https://github.com/sdadier/android_device_samsung_galaxy3
    Marcellusbe, i know you come online quite often as i can see from your profile so can you post any updates on the ROM please?

I'm on holiday next week so I will have more time for cm7. I've also a build of jellybean (based on cm10 sources) to share soon.
    Alpha9 released.
    thank for your patience :) see 1st post.

i will build the others kernels later. for now, it's only 1ghz overclock.
    @Everyone :

I have got many PM's regarding the state of this thread and i believe Marcel would have got more than me ......thats why i am sharing the Info.

Marcel have got the job he desired and currently have to move to CANADA......so it will probably take 1-2 Weeks.....

after that he should first get settled in there and should build up the development environment again.......

So till then i guess everyone should have patience.

Not 1-2 weeks but 3-4 months... but you know, it's not easy to immigrate in a new country so I'm very busy to prepare my family and myself for the move.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Some news about Alpha9 :
    - Camera : you can now use a barcode reader or any app that requires camera. It should work.
    - Video recording is working with some restrictions : not using hardware codec but software. Audio is not recorded but may be fixed soon.