[ROM][Pre-Pre-ALPHA] Droid A855 ICS Build Attempt

Search This thread

kfazz

Jun 24, 2010
for that zip file, do I just install it like the rom, in recovery mode?
yes. there are still some issues,but it gets through setup if you deselect the location services. gmail works, market not yet, but it syncs contacts at least

use a file manager or terminal to cp /system/app/Vending.apk /data/app/Vending.apk and market works
Edit:
latest build:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bgnx6n3b3gobai0
latest gapps_to_data:
http://www.mediafire.com/?da3ntb58x765hrd

Last edited:

DanJackson

Apr 9, 2010
This is the best Christmas present ever! thanks !

I installed Nova launcher instead of the Trebucket, and its alot more stable, I cant get the home button to work anymore..

Still fantastic work!

durandgir

Oct 21, 2010
Wait so is sync working yet? Or do you need to add gaps with a file manager?

Sent from my CushZero using XDA App

DanJackson

Apr 9, 2010
I got it so setup with my google account by flashing the new gapps file he posted but the market still didnt work for me but all the other gapps do

ColibScz

May 11, 2010
Calendar

Anybody else having an issue where all the Google Apps work (minus market of course) except Calendar? I may be doing it wrong, but I click my Google user name in Calendar and it says "No calendars"

elfurbe

Aug 22, 2010
Tucson
use a file manager or terminal to cp /system/app/Vending.apk /data/app/Vending.apk and market works
I did this, market launches and lets me sign in but it can't download anything. Error every time:

"<app name here>" could not be downloaded due to an error. (491)

Did "works" mean "launches" or that it should be able to install packages?

As an aside, thanks for putting this together. You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir.

kfazz

Jun 24, 2010
I did this, market launches and lets me sign in but it can't download anything. Error every time:

"<app name here>" could not be downloaded due to an error. (491)

Did "works" mean "launches" or that it should be able to install packages?

As an aside, thanks for putting this together. You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir.

I hit a similar error. a logcat revealed it to be an authentication failure. my two current theories are that it's either build.prop related as some have suggested, or because of apns-conf.xml not loading. it could be incorrect data permissions though, a few apps are having trouble accessing /data

infernox51

Jul 24, 2010
Downingtown, PA
I hit a similar error. a logcat revealed it to be an authentication failure. my two current theories are that it's either build.prop related as some have suggested, or because of apns-conf.xml not loading. it could be incorrect data permissions though, a few apps are having trouble accessing /data

I modded the build.prop with FRG01b ro.build.fingerprint and still got the error. not sure if that would even fix it to begin with, but it didn't for me.

used "ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG01B/45394:user/release-keys" and no love.

...and I also tried this after moving vending.apk back to /system/app

norsedakotan

Mar 29, 2010
West Fargo
Nice work. Having fun with a spare Droid. It's nice to be able to play with ICS since work won't let me upgrade my OG Droid to a Nexus! :p

Latest build the home key isn't working for me. Had a lot of crashes after installing the gapps bundle you posted, so did factory wipe.

kfazz

Jun 24, 2010
i have a suspicion that the fix for the b key is what broke the home key, but i'll look into it. i should have a new build up shortly with a few surprises in it :)

MK17

Jun 13, 2010
Coming over from Droid-Life and wanted to just post my thanks. About to flash the latest, and other than the obvious bugs its awesome!

infernox51

Jul 24, 2010
Downingtown, PA
Also - not sure if this would affect Market or anything else per se, but in Settings>About Phone>Status the Network Name is saying T-CDMA (something). No idea what that means, but could that be preventing authentication. Regularly it says Verizon Wireless.

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
btw i'd suggest increasing the dalvik cache just a little too, i found it was much more stable with 42m rather than just 32m...and i'd also suggest basically copying as much as possible from the cm7 build.prop into this one to maybe help the market download failure...also could that market download failure be from having the vending.apk in /data and the market updating to 3.4.4 immediately? (im not sure where it puts the updated market)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new build: http://www.mediafire.com/file/guo6leourklgzgq/cm-9-20120703-UNOFFICIAL-sholes.zip
    gapps: http://www.mediafire.com/?ax46kp0yrl85ynn

changes:
    hexed defy camera libs
    HD profile 854x480 green lines in gallery, plays fine on pc
    SD profile 640x480, plays fine via gallery
    * camera saving null jpegs fixed
    * camcorder working
    * enabled TLS register user in kernel and userspace
    * enabled 1% battery charge display
    * lid switch reporting fixed again (haha)
    * updated wifi drivers and firmware
    * usb storage and adb work
    * probably something i forgot ;)
    compiled kernel with gcc4.5, userland with linaro gcc 4.7 and -O3

still broken:
    camera flash
    gps (it was working before. RDS_SOCKET permission issue??)
    speakerphone and bluetooth mic routing
    HW decode
    native tethering

if you like my works, feel free to buy me a beer
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/sndcftxoq9g51gd/cm-9-20120712-UNOFFICIAL-sholes.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/uuhjaczqiqudqll/deprimed_160mhz.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/um9adenv025ip5d/deprimed_180mhz.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/k7agmab0uvuf274/deprimed_200mhz.zip

build default is core @ 180 (sgx @ 120)

3 kernels:
    core 160 hi 80 low sgx 107/53 ~ stockish speeds
    core 180 hi 90 low sgx 120/60 ~ moderate performance increase, good batt life
    core 200 hi 90 low sgx 133/60 ~ "battery waster" :D fast! definitely wont work on all phones. it works on my droid built 9/11/2010, but the other one built 7/19/2011 doesn't.

other changes:
    touchscreen? idr if that was in 7/3 build
    camera stuff
    sw dec
    added a few missing bluetooth files
    not really much else
    overclock breaks camera, backported milestone mt9p012, hp3a, and isp drivers
    this fixed camera and camcorder with sgx overclock, and i'm getting higher fps while recording
    was 15 , now 20 to 24.
    isp now uses an additional 6mb of ram, but i think it's a good tradeoff.
    true 720p recording may be possible now ;)

Edit: still freezes... hmm.

Edit:
    odexed build is still unstable, it locks up occasionally when the phone goes to sleep, and usually doesn't come back.
    no errors in logs, nothing i can check looks out of the ordinary, happens with and without gapps, completely mystifying.
    today i ws able to hack in the defy qtouch-obp-ts drivers and enable 5 point multitouch
    the new drivers came with new firmware. previously ver 19, new ver 22.
    this actually got flashed to the touchscreen controller, it's a one way process, unless someone can dump v19 from their phone.. but
    the new ver is compatible with old kernels too, so i don't think it's a big deal.
    i also modified the way the driver reports touch events based on moto stingray qtouch driver
    this is compatible with ics and jb without hacks.

ics progress: testing an odexed build. it's 20mb larger, but uses 20mb less ram and it's fast! now half of system/app lives on /data
    jb: boots. touchscreen is ... weird. no radio audio sensors lights anything really.
    figured it out:) well maybe i don't quite understand it, but it works :D
    problem was in sram34x.S
    apparently newer kernels don't modify sdram AC timings because sram code can't guarantee no one is using sram when the clock change occurs, which causes random crashes, or in our case, no boot.
    i've also rebased my kernel on deprimed and so far all is good.
    still need to test battery life, it's probaly worse, but better than previously posted builds
    screen off: ram @ 80Mhz sgx at 53Mhz
    screen on: ram @ 200Mhz sgx @ 133Mhz
    Edit2 warning was caused by dsp opp2 not being able to be set
    dropped dsp opp2 to 160.