[Official] NEXUS owners hangout thread

Search This thread

Android Pizza

Jan 2, 2013
Florida
She's smart for an iFan.

About that...
Let me tell you a story. Long ago, before the iPhone was "mainstream", my mom had to do a mystery shop at a Verizon kiosk inside a Costco. She was so amazed at the fact that the "Droid" phones had flash player that she almost dumped her iPhone 3G and switched to Verizon right then. Fast forward to today, she completely disregards the story and says "You know that I wasn't actually going to switch to Verizon, right?" Nowadays when I point out the many things Android has that iPhone/iOS doesn't, she tells me that "The iPhone doesn't need (said features), it's perfect the way it is!" Just goes to show you the impact of society. Now that almost everyone has one she refuses to let go of hers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

estallings15

Apr 22, 2011
About that...
Let me tell you a story. Long ago, before the iPhone was "mainstream", my mom had to do a mystery shop at a Verizon kiosk inside a Costco. She was so amazed at the fact that the "Droid" phones had flash player that she almost dumped her iPhone 3G and switched to Verizon right then. Fast forward to today, she completely disregards the story and stays "You know that I wasn't actually going to switch to Verizon, right?" Nowadays when I point out the many things Android has that iPhone/iOS doesn't, she tells me that "The iPhone doesn't need (said features), it's perfect the way it is!" Just goes to show you the impact of society. Now that almost everyone has one she refuses to let go of hers.

So she's one of those.

I retract my previous statement.

estallings15

Apr 22, 2011
I don't think that's the sole reason she likes iPhones better. She bought herself an Android tablet and had no idea how to use it. She ended up giving it to me.

My 3/4 retarded, technically illiterate Aunt figured out how to use a Nexus 7. Is your mother daft or just stubborn?

ctowne

Feb 1, 2012
Hampton, NH
Picture says it all.. 4 deep and I haven't eaten dinner yet! Blahh! Sh*t I still have to watch 2 lectures for my online foods class :eek::beer::beer:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364939458587.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364939458587.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 43

Android Pizza

Jan 2, 2013
Florida
Oh OK. Edit the build.prop?

Just try not to brick it ;)

You should sell that heap and get a GNex. Those are still great. TONS of development.

Yeah, I'm starting to save up money for a GNex or an N4, maybe a new laptop too.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Easy, tiger. Too advanced. :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I won't touch the DPI ;)

dirtyhamster73

Sep 26, 2010
Wakefield, MA
I do that all the time. My dad hooked up a computer to our flatscreen HDTV. + wireless mouse and keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

That's the fake way!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Lmao. Like a kid that got his first bike.

I so am! :D Only this is better than my first bike!

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Pffft, kids stuff
:rolleyes:

Rofl :D

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

Don't be jelly :p