Official JB 4.1.2 is available for Galaxy tab 7.7 now

Search This thread

bassem.mohsen

Oct 12, 2012
cairo
According to sammobile Samsung Ukraine says : galaxy tablet 7.7 will get the latest version of android 4.2.1
no official release date yet.
but anything to keep the spirits up is more than welcome :)

here's the link
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/02/01...s-ii-and-note-in-march-galaxy-ace-2-in-april/

and here's the quote

More good update news is for the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Samsung says they will update this tablet to Android 4.2.1 called Jelly Bean. We are quite happy that Samsung decided to update their most wonderful tablet till date. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 uses Samsung’s own sAMOLED display.

[Update 20/3/2013]
Some bad news for us, Samsung will delay the update, but at least we have a time frame for such an update to see the light, also we will be lucky to have premium suite, Aren't we ?

There is some bad news for Galaxy Tab 7.7 users. Samsung’s first AMOLED tablet, the Galaxy Tab 7.7, will receive Android 4.1.2 later than planned. Samsung is having some problems with the Exynos processor. A good thing to know is some of the Galaxy Note 10.1 features will be included in the Galaxy Tab 7.7 premium suite update. The Update has been sceduled for May / June this year. There is no further information but we will keep you infirmed.
Source:
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/03/20/samsung-to-delay-galaxy-tab-7-7s-jelly-bean-update/

[Update 25/3/2013]
No more Delays, Software is under testing now, and planned to get updates in Q2/Q3 for version 4.2.2
Source:

The Galaxy Tab 2 by Samsung will receive Android 4.1.2 and end with Android 4.2.2. Samsung will no longer support the Galaxy Tab 2 after the Android 4.2.2 update. The updates must be done before the end of September. The issue with Samsung’s Exynos processor has been resolved and Samsung has, once again, started to test Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmwares for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 (GT-P6800) and Galaxy Tab Plus (GT-P6200).

Everything sounds a bit far away but Samsung really wants to update all tablets in Q2 and Q3 to Android 4.1.2 or maybe directly to Android 4.2.2.

[Update 2/5/2013]
Samsung Thailand set the estimated release date in May 2013
according to this website: http://www.samsung.com/th/article/firmware-update-announcement/

[Update10/5/2013]
Samsung Starts to Roll out The JB update for GT-P6800
Information about the firmware:
Android 4.1.2
Date: 04 – 22 – 2013
PDA: P6800DXMD3
CSC: P6800OLBMD3
Region: Singapore, Indonesia, Singapore (StarHub), Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines (Globe), Singapore (SingTel), Philippines (Sun), Malaysia

And heres a screen shots, Thanks to edan1979

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Enjoy the new ROM guys.

Last edited:

yu001

Jun 25, 2010
Re: Galaxy tab 7.7 will get official JB 4.2.1

The supplied link to Samsung Ukraine site has nothing about Galaxy Tab 7.7

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

bassem.mohsen

Oct 12, 2012
cairo
The supplied link to Samsung Ukraine site has nothing about Galaxy Tab 7.7

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

yes, it must be internal source that told them that.
i sent the publisher mail to ask him about his source? and how sure he is?
no reply from him yet, i'll keep you updated if he told me more info :)

neimovirne

Dec 31, 2010
http://www.samsung.com/ua/support/newsalert/supportNewsAlertMain.do#none

no comment on the galaxy tab 7.7, they did not give.

I live in Ukraine. just written in support of samsung. they have not verified the information about the galaxy tab 7.7

GT-I8160 Galaxy Ace 2 to Jelly Bean 22.04.2013;

GT-I9070 Galaxy S Advance to Jelly Bean 18.02.2013;

GT-I9100 Galaxy S2 to Jelly Bean 03.03.2013;

GT-N7000 Galaxy Note to Jelly Bean 01.03.2012;

GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus to Jelly Bean 22.02.2013;

GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 to Ice Cream Sandwich 24.01.2013

In any case, galaxy tab 7.7 update will not start in Ukraine, and the new firmware we get more this week

Attachments

• 63rsxdOAhxU.jpg
    63rsxdOAhxU.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 2,514
  • oCg-dML_lEQ.jpg
    oCg-dML_lEQ.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 2,409
Last edited:
Reactions: bassem.mohsen

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
I won't believe anything until I can flash it via Odin/CW or it shows up as an OTA.

Seriously, just abandon hope for Jellybean (especially 4.2!) and enjoy your tab as is. If an update comes, it will be a nice surprise.

bassem.mohsen

Oct 12, 2012
cairo
sammobile is respectful source, look at the first time he published the update data from samsaung Thailand.
he said he isn't sure, and he will ask Samsung Benelux for a confirmation.
Knowing that it's same publisher "Published by DannyD" who published both topics.

This time he looks sure in the news, like he got the reply or something :)
if the news is right, we will see more confirmation in the next week or something.

Jola013

May 14, 2011
I hope that this rumour is correct, if it is not I will not buy any Samsung Android product again - their slackness with updates is really bad.

The 4.0.4 release is not great, and the wifi is still not 100% even on the latest releases.

I am considering just binning the P6800 and using an Nexus 7 32GB 3G. Will miss the card slot, though.

B4R7H

Mar 7, 2012
Kota Belud

Wait? 4.2.1 or 4.1.2??? Some say 4.1.2 and now 4.2.1....

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7.7

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
Meh.

I wouldn't count on Sammy providing us with a JB update.

They only update their devices which have sold well.

Galaxy Tab 7.7 is newer than the Galaxy S2 yet there has been no solid evidence that JB firmware is in the works.

long6688

Jul 6, 2012

By the time they roll out jb in march, google will anounce klp in may :| sigh. Plus samsung have so many other plan for other products in hand, 7.7 will be the least to consider. Either wait for custom rom or switch devices guy

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app

TeeeJaay

Nov 1, 2010
Makati

I hope that this rumour is correct, if it is not I will not buy any Samsung Android product again - their slackness with updates is really bad.

The 4.0.4 release is not great, and the wifi is still not 100% even on the latest releases.

I am considering just binning the P6800 and using an Nexus 7 32GB 3G. Will miss the card slot, though.

if there is someone you should be angry on, it should be Apple.. the patent infringement case on our gtab 7.7 hampered sales hence the low user base and low dev support and making any kind of future updates bleak

bassem.mohsen

Oct 12, 2012
cairo
if there is someone you should be angry on, it should be Apple.. the patent infringement case on our gtab 7.7 hampered sales hence the low user base and low dev support and making any kind of future updates bleak

I thinks sammy back to selling again according to this article, and took money of preventing it from selling our tab

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/16/dutch-court-says-no-injunction-on-galaxy-tabs/

ThE_SoUrCe

Jul 6, 2007
still, if I recall correctly, apple banned this during the launch of the ipad 2, samsung pull this off the shelves during that convention resulting to poor or insuficient advertising. If you may, try searching for a TVC for this unit in youtube, compared to let's say, the original 7.0 and the 7.0 plus

bassem.mohsen

Oct 12, 2012
cairo
still, if I recall correctly, apple banned this during the launch of the ipad 2, samsung pull this off the shelves during that convention resulting to poor or insuficient advertising. If you may, try searching for a TVC for this unit in youtube, compared to let's say, the original 7.0 and the 7.0 plus

Still, there's nothing for now can compete this tablet, samsaung back selling it again.
still it's the only tab containg such beautiful HW: SAMOLED screen, 5000 mAH, and expandable memory, higher ppi for 7 inch.
and if it's updated to JB there will be no need for quad core where it will be very smooth user experience due to Buttery smooth UI.

So, i can say sammy can start selling it again and reuse the model in this year

ssaass

Dec 1, 2010
Still, there's nothing for now can compete this tablet, samsaung back selling it again.
still it's the only tab containg such beautiful HW: SAMOLED screen, 5000 mAH, and expandable memory, higher ppi for 7 inch.
and if it's updated to JB there will be no need for quad core where it will be very smooth user experience due to Buttery smooth UI.

I agree with you, :good:

ThE_SoUrCe

Jul 6, 2007

hopefully ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    According to sammobile Samsung Ukraine says : galaxy tablet 7.7 will get the latest version of android 4.2.1
    no official release date yet.
    but anything to keep the spirits up is more than welcome :)

here's the link
    http://www.sammobile.com/2013/02/01...s-ii-and-note-in-march-galaxy-ace-2-in-april/

and here's the quote

More good update news is for the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Samsung says they will update this tablet to Android 4.2.1 called Jelly Bean. We are quite happy that Samsung decided to update their most wonderful tablet till date. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 uses Samsung’s own sAMOLED display.

[Update 20/3/2013]
    Some bad news for us, Samsung will delay the update, but at least we have a time frame for such an update to see the light, also we will be lucky to have premium suite, Aren't we ?

There is some bad news for Galaxy Tab 7.7 users. Samsung’s first AMOLED tablet, the Galaxy Tab 7.7, will receive Android 4.1.2 later than planned. Samsung is having some problems with the Exynos processor. A good thing to know is some of the Galaxy Note 10.1 features will be included in the Galaxy Tab 7.7 premium suite update. The Update has been sceduled for May / June this year. There is no further information but we will keep you infirmed.
    Source:
    http://www.sammobile.com/2013/03/20/samsung-to-delay-galaxy-tab-7-7s-jelly-bean-update/

[Update 25/3/2013]
    No more Delays, Software is under testing now, and planned to get updates in Q2/Q3 for version 4.2.2
    Source:

The Galaxy Tab 2 by Samsung will receive Android 4.1.2 and end with Android 4.2.2. Samsung will no longer support the Galaxy Tab 2 after the Android 4.2.2 update. The updates must be done before the end of September. The issue with Samsung’s Exynos processor has been resolved and Samsung has, once again, started to test Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmwares for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 (GT-P6800) and Galaxy Tab Plus (GT-P6200).

Everything sounds a bit far away but Samsung really wants to update all tablets in Q2 and Q3 to Android 4.1.2 or maybe directly to Android 4.2.2.

[Update 2/5/2013]
    Samsung Thailand set the estimated release date in May 2013
    according to this website: http://www.samsung.com/th/article/firmware-update-announcement/

[Update10/5/2013]
    Samsung Starts to Roll out The JB update for GT-P6800
    Information about the firmware:
    Android 4.1.2
    Date: 04 – 22 – 2013
    PDA: P6800DXMD3
    CSC: P6800OLBMD3
    Region: Singapore, Indonesia, Singapore (StarHub), Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines (Globe), Singapore (SingTel), Philippines (Sun), Malaysia

And heres a screen shots, Thanks to edan1979

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Enjoy the new ROM guys.
    ok done upload at mega... but i will take out the link if sammobile make a request to clear it.

https://mega.co.nz/#!oQlHmCQS!SX7-RCv9kmMrFiTrKT7FPiXPNFxkj3AzLGxaVmFkCd4
    whoa that is a lot of info..thank you sir :good:

No problem, please thank droidphile for the excellent research, compilation of information and thread ;)

Anyway been a very long day and actually started on the ROM the very second I walked in the door after a trip away. Probably complete the 1st build tomorrow when I have more motivation.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium
    In regard with 7.7, why don't you just flash ICS 4.0.4 from Austria, Switzerland or Netherlands ROM since JB arrives ?

I'm also French and I use the Austrian as soon as it was available. I'll flash Switzerland or Netherlands ROM as they are newer.

They are foreign ROM but they "speak" french to me... :D

You may just have to remove the foreign bloatwares and you're fine...

The brickbug is just a legend due to wrong speculations and it has never proven. The initiator of this legend has never been able to reproduce the brickbug with the Samsung dev team... ^^

On the other hand, Samsung never denied the Exynos exploit/bug...
    You're an idiot. How do you explain the piles of dead devices that mobiletechvideos (or any other JTAG recovery house) are unable to recover with JTAG?

How do you explain Samsung submitting a patch for the issue to the mainline Linux kernel? http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kern...it;h=3550ccdb9d8d350e526b809bf3dd92b550a74fe1 (This patch FINALLY made it into Samsung kernels with Jellybean for I9100 - more than six months after they claimed they were "working hard" on the issue...)

As to not reproducing it in person - The eMMC must be in a specific state for the problem to happen. It is most likely to be in this state when a device has been in use for a while (it's a specific performance optimization I was asked not to discuss). Samsung, however, brought clean pristine eMMC chips that had never been used before, and didn't discuss this particular requirement for damage to happen until the last hour of the meeting.

The secure erase brickbug is very real and you're an idiot for denying it.
    5/6 = June 5th.

The United States is the only backward states that put the Month before the Day.

NO - Please read previous posts before posting new............

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40916637&postcount=220

I have just double checked again with my Thai Wife to confirm (once again) that the date listed on the actual Samsung Thai website is "MAY 56" (พฤษภาคม 56). Once again, 56 is referring to 2556, the Thai year equivalent to 2013. ie. MAY 2013

ie.

พฤษภาคม = MAY
    56 (2556) = 2013

then;

พฤษภาคม 56 = MAY 2013 :)

I hope this makes it clearer ;)

Cheers,

UITA