[Q] Power cable

Search This thread

Brotherlurve

Sep 18, 2013
Hi Guys,

I seem to have lost my power cable for my S4. I just need to know if I can replace it as I have heard that using different cables can cause problems

Any info would be appreciated

Morbihan

Sep 18, 2013
Hi,

i think maybe a problem if you use Odin.
If it's just for charge or transfer file, no problem with another microUSB cable

But wait for a recommendation of the xda experts ;)

re: usb cable

Hi Guys,

I seem to have lost my power cable for my S4. I just need to know if I can replace it as I have heard that using different cables can cause problems

There are two kinds of usb cables for our phones, one ONLY CHARGES and
the other does both data transfers from phone to computer as well as charging.
The one which does both is also good for Odin and Kies.
Be sure to get one which specifically states "charging & data" in it's description.

Good luck!

Reactions: Brotherlurve

rezaluchu

Oct 23, 2010
Hi Guys,

I read somewhere in XDA, there was an info that the Quick charge feature of S4 is only work when using combination of genuine S4 adapter and S4 power cable. If you use another cable, it will not work.

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
I read somewhere in XDA, there was an info that the Quick charge feature of S4 is only work when using combination of genuine S4 adapter and S4 power cable. If you use another cable, it will not work.

No, all Samsung chargers have the data pins bridge only in the charger USB output (or in the cable if it is fixed to the charger). Anyway, if the cable has a big impedance (bad quality), it could decrease the provided current.

Enviado desde mi GT-P7510 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Brotherlurve

Brotherlurve

Sep 18, 2013
Ok guys thanks for the replies

So I go for a cable that states Data + Charge, and I can still use with Odin and Kies etc

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    re: usb cable

Hi Guys,

There are two kinds of usb cables for our phones, one ONLY CHARGES and
    the other does both data transfers from phone to computer as well as charging.
    The one which does both is also good for Odin and Kies.
    Be sure to get one which specifically states "charging & data" in it's description.

Good luck!

No, all Samsung chargers have the data pins bridge only in the charger USB output (or in the cable if it is fixed to the charger). Anyway, if the cable has a big impedance (bad quality), it could decrease the provided current.

Enviado desde mi GT-P7510 usando Tapatalk 2