[MOD][SOURCE] Lockscreen Widgets - all enabled and on secure

Search This thread

Goldie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2010
I know a lot of people were disappointed that Samsung removed lockscreen widgets on the S5. They are not gone...just hidden...so I brought em back for Alliance and thought i would share here as I know this bothered lots of people! :D

Basically I found a field called ispreviouslook. Changing this to 0x1 enabled them but there was an annoying flicker on unlock. So I went through and replaced the calls to it one or two at a time until I got it working without the flicker.

Thanks to @beanstown and @txr33 who then gave me the heads up on where to enable all widgets and the max number.

Finally I enabled them on secure lockscreen too for good measure.

The guide would be very laborious because there are quite a few replacements. Effectively it is just forcing ispreviouslook to true in places its needed and issecure to false. I have included the unmodded and modded files so devs can compare them and make the necessary changes in Keyguard.apk

If you use this mod please credit Team Alliance. Thanks

Get the files to compare here

Have fun :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know a lot of people were disappointed that Samsung removed lockscreen widgets on the S5. They are not gone...just hidden...so I brought em back for Alliance and thought i would share here as I know this bothered lots of people! :D

Basically I found a field called ispreviouslook. Changing this to 0x1 enabled them but there was an annoying flicker on unlock. So I went through and replaced the calls to it one or two at a time until I got it working without the flicker.

Thanks to @beanstown and @txr33 who then gave me the heads up on where to enable all widgets and the max number.

Finally I enabled them on secure lockscreen too for good measure.

The guide would be very laborious because there are quite a few replacements. Effectively it is just forcing ispreviouslook to true in places its needed and issecure to false. I have included the unmodded and modded files so devs can compare them and make the necessary changes in Keyguard.apk

If you use this mod please credit Team Alliance. Thanks

Get the files to compare here

Have fun :)
    This is awesome! Huge thanks to Alliance Team and all involved!

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app