[Q] Z1C, G2 or Note 2?

Search This thread

Taranis

Aug 31, 2011
Poland
Hi,
I'd like to buy a phone with good overall performance, stable CM11 and very good battery life (replaceable battery is an advantage). My N4 batt life is terrible.

1. LG G2 or Note 2 or Xperia Z1 Compact - which one would you choose?
2. How CM11 performs on Xperia Z1 Compact? How about of Screen On Time on CM11?

Note 2 is older than G2 and Z1C, but still is really comparable; it is cheaper too.

Any help will be appreciated.

rwhryz

Oct 16, 2012
Tried CM11 M9 on my XZ1C, and it's front facing camera is terrible.
Pictures taken from low light over adjusts the whites, grainy and just terrible.
Same results using Google camera.

The rear camera i think is too dark.

Restored back to stock.
This is the only thing that's holding me back on going for CM atm.
Never tried nightly builds, had a terrible experience on my previous phone

The battery life on stock 4.4.4 is great.
Still going after a full day of texting and occasional calls and social media visits.
And that's not even on stamina mode :)

No ideas with the other phones you mentioned.

djdana

Jan 17, 2007
Tried CM11 M9 on my XZ1C, and it's front facing camera is terrible.
Pictures taken from low light over adjusts the whites, grainy and just terrible.
Same results using Google camera.

The rear camera i think is too dark.

Restored back to stock.
This is the only thing that's holding me back on going for CM atm.
Never tried nightly builds, had a terrible experience on my previous phone

The battery life on stock 4.4.4 is great.
Still going after a full day of texting and occasional calls and social media visits.
And that's not even on stamina mode :)

No ideas with the other phones you mentioned.
After a month of nightly builds I can say nothing but credit to cm.
Its the best firmware for this phone in my opinion.
No lag,WiFi connects at higher speeds,almost everything works,stable ,finally a customizable ROM for this phone,the only thing that is not working is the vibration intensity i cannot change it.

crimson12

Jun 7, 2010
Metro Detroit, MI
I have the z1c and my girl has the g2. If you're looking for good cm11 performance, the g2 is a better bet having tried both. Its okay on the z1c but I find the camera lacking. The g2 has much more development going on for it too. However they're completely different sized devices, you'd have to decide which you like more. The note 2 is also good, but a bit dated (in my opinion) compared to the other two.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

uchihakurtz

Jan 5, 2013
Depok
Samsung Galaxy S21
I'd say the Note 2 might suit you as you are aiming for stable Cyanogenmod or other custom ROMs. Note 2 has been out for a while and it means developers had many time playing with it. And being a popular phone, there must be like a lot of mods for it.

G2 and Z1C doesn't have removable battery. But they do have a strong battery.

As for CM on Z1C, can't tell, still love stock. Why would you install CM when stock is just as smooth, more stable, and you lose all the Xperia goodies, especially camera features.

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
I'd say the Note 2 might suit you as you are aiming for stable Cyanogenmod or other custom ROMs. Note 2 has been out for a while and it means developers had many time playing with it. And being a popular phone, there must be like a lot of mods for it.

G2 and Z1C doesn't have removable battery. But they do have a strong battery.

As for CM on Z1C, can't tell, still love stock. Why would you install CM when stock is just as smooth, more stable, and you lose all the Xperia goodies, especially camera features.

Dude are you seriously recommending an Exynos 4 device for "stable CM"? Ahem, just no, they have huge battery drain issues due to their badly reverse engineered RIL and generally poor quality of the code drops for the entire Exynos 4 platform from Samsung.

@Taranis, If you're after stable and feature complete CM you're gonna want a Qualcomm device like the G2 or Z1C.

Obviously asking in the Z1C forum you're gonna get some Z1C-biased answers, but I honestly believe the Z1C is the best thing to come on the market this far. It has a large battery for it's screen size and resolution, you could easily go 2 days if you're not a heavy user, I usually have about 40% left at the end of the day (running CyanogenMod myself). It has microSDXC support. It's small and the build quality is top notch, the metal edges feel great in the hand. And on top of all that it's waterproof!

Regarding removable battery. If you look at the LG G2 wiki page you'll see that the Korean version has removable battery, you'll also notice that the removable battery in the Korean version has a significantly lower capacity compared to the international version (2610mAh vs 3000mAh, or roughly 13% smaller). This is the case with all removable batteries, because by making them removable the manufacturers have to adhere to strict rules regarding safety, usually meaning thicker shells leaving less space for the battery cells. Not only that, but in order to be user replaceable there needs to be a mechanism for removing the back cover to reveal the battery, also taking up precious battery space.

I strongly believe that the benefits of a non-removable battery outweigh the benefits of a removable battery. Really, how often do you actually carry a secondary charged battery, and couldn't you in that case just carry an external battery pack instead?

EDIT: Oh and another plus for the Z1C: It doesn't have silly back-buttons like the G2 :p, but that's a personal thing, I just think they feel weird.

Last edited: