***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Search This thread

Oscar_619

Nov 26, 2010
Eagan
Um my phone data is not mounting.

Everytime i try to flash something it skips over the data?
btw my phone is being retarded (stuck in loop, recovery and download works though?)

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
Hey how long does it usually last for Odin to flash a firmware?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
Hey how long does it usually last for Odin to flash a firmware?

Very quickly... Less than a minute...

I prefer mobile Odin pro myself... But have used Odin a couple of times. Sometimes after flashing I have to pull the battery and then reboot for it to work

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
Very quickly... Less than a minute...

I prefer mobile Odin pro myself... But have used Odin a couple of times. Sometimes after flashing I have to pull the battery and then reboot for it to work

Well I began flashing root66 uvdlja firmware and it still hasn't finished! It says its flashing system. BTW I'm on PC odin

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Its all too now :D just closed odin, and flashed again. It was very quickly lol

Reactions: DigitalUnderground
Aug 5, 2010
Brew-town
I am at a loss, and seek any help you can offer. I recently got a brand new grey sgs3 from tmob. previously had a white one that i bought off craigslist and got the IMEI blocked on me; didn't realize that was something tmob could do. but i digress.

flashed root66 via Odin straight away. udvjla as thats what my phone came with. cwm recovery then vanilla rootbox and gapps 121212 camera doesn't work. try re-downloading and flashing many times. camera does not work. phone said "can not access camera" or something similar. searched and searched, only one guy has the problem and hes getting the same answer: re-download and re-flash, and its not working for him either. i emailed him, he responds that flashing inverted gapps worked. i tried it. cannot access camera.

alright, time to odin back to stock. no dice. stuck at samsung boot. i got out of this before on my white sgs3 by flashing stock recovery. did so, re-flashed both root66 and stock and the phone will not boot nor get into recovery, i try using odin for cwm recovery and its never able to finish, it just stops at reset.

a little long, but i wanted to give as much info as i can. luckily i can return this bad boy, but i figure since i have the time i may as well try to learn more. any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
I am at a loss, and seek any help you can offer. I recently got a brand new grey sgs3 from tmob. previously had a white one that i bought off craigslist and got the IMEI blocked on me; didn't realize that was something tmob could do. but i digress.

flashed root66 via Odin straight away. udvjla as thats what my phone came with. cwm recovery then vanilla rootbox and gapps 121212 camera doesn't work. try re-downloading and flashing many times. camera does not work. phone said "can not access camera" or something similar. searched and searched, only one guy has the problem and hes getting the same answer: re-download and re-flash, and its not working for him either. i emailed him, he responds that flashing inverted gapps worked. i tried it. cannot access camera.

alright, time to odin back to stock. no dice. stuck at samsung boot. i got out of this before on my white sgs3 by flashing stock recovery. did so, re-flashed both root66 and stock and the phone will not boot nor get into recovery, i try using odin for cwm recovery and its never able to finish, it just stops at reset.

a little long, but i wanted to give as much info as i can. luckily i can return this bad boy, but i figure since i have the time i may as well try to learn more. any help is appreciated.

UVDLJA is 4.1.1, therefore you need Gapps 20121011, not 20121212.

Try using the Odin and CWM links from my signature, see if those work for you.

sooperxtool

Aug 8, 2009
Having issues with the new update, 4.1.1

Completely stock, nothing flashed etc etc

Device will reset on its own, typically when using browsers. Switched browser, same issue. Also, the screen will sometimes turn on and stay on until I reset. I've seen a couple posts about the screen problem, but no real answer. I'm starting to wonder if I have a lemon phone? But the reset problem only started after most recent OTA system update.

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
Having issues with the new update, 4.1.1

Completely stock, nothing flashed etc etc

Device will reset on its own, typically when using browsers. Switched browser, same issue. Also, the screen will sometimes turn on and stay on until I reset. I've seen a couple posts about the screen problem, but no real answer. I'm starting to wonder if I have a lemon phone? But the reset problem only started after most recent OTA system update.

There's been a lot of issues with faulty power buttons. This sounds like your issue.

sooperxtool

Aug 8, 2009
But I didn't have this issue before the new update.... which is what makes me think that has something to do with it. I've had the phone since December, and the update came maybe 2 weeks ago? I can't remember but this wasn't happening before that. Maybe I'll just go into tmo...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
But I didn't have this issue before the new update.... which is what makes me think that has something to do with it. I've had the phone since December, and the update came maybe 2 weeks ago? I can't remember but this wasn't happening before that. Maybe I'll just go into tmo...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Try using Odin to go back to stock, if the issue is still there, it's most likely your power button.

Jan 23, 2013
twrp

QUICK QUESTION

i got tired of Titanium back up. so i tried backing up using twrp and it worked perfect. when i installed a new ROM(Hell-Fire worked perfect)
however, while restoring from twrp, it restored the old rom(DarthStalker)

help
what should i do to restore my apps and data but not the old ROM

thanks
--NÖÔB

Citadel69

Jan 24, 2012
4G problem after losing imei

I recently had to restore my imei after losing it doing a simple flash. I used the PeoplesArmy guide but when doing the process to restore 4G I was unsuccessful. I only tried once so I'm wondering if I should try it again or if someone has a proven way to do this. I reverted back to stock but I'm still stuck on edge and it's killing me because I need the I need the internet for my job. Is there any way to check and make sure the imei is still not corrupted. Thanks in advance for any help.

diazf09

Oct 22, 2009
Been having battery issues ever since I flashed a 4.2.2 ROM.. I think its the modem. Being on like over drive, draining my batt.

Or is it 4.2.2? I tried all the 4.2.2 Roms that there is for our phone. And its seems to drain at the same rate every time. I don't know of its just me or can my radio be the cause of it. Or android 4.2.2??
uvyhapa9.jpg
7udypezy.jpg
supyzyvy.jpg
dasu8ety.jpg

Jan 23, 2013
google play store

i am having annoyingly hard time downloading the google play store. i flashed Hell Fire rom. the rom works perfect, but i cannot download the play store. i downloaded the play store from XDA but once i click one the play store app. it crashes everything.
im using galaxy s3

HELP ME!

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
i am having annoyingly hard time downloading the google play store. i flashed Hell Fire rom. the rom works perfect, but i cannot download the play store. i downloaded the play store from XDA but once i click one the play store app. it crashes everything.
im using galaxy s3

HELP ME!

Hell Fire is AOSP based. You need to download the Google apps package from somewhere, such as the OP of that thread, then flash in recovery.

Reactions: Farooq_Chicago

Sem4life63

Feb 21, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9
Can't get into recovery mode, can't Odin back to stock, what do I do now?

Ok So, I rooted using CF-auto root, flashed CWM via ROM manager, flashed CyanogenMod 10.0.0, accepted and installed update to CM 10.0.2, flashed Gapps, then the new CM 10.0.2 wouldn't load correctly. Gapps kept rapidly force closing on me. So I tried reflashing CM 10.0.0, but didn't go smoothly. I ended up trying to Odin back to stock, after Odin said all threads completed (1 successful, 0 failed), but it boots up to the Samsung logo and then gets stuck. I've tried several times. I would try to do a factory reset, but vol up + home + power now responds by vibrating until I let go at which point it boots up to the Samsung logo again. I tried flashing TWRP to gain recovery access, but to no avail. What do I do now? Please help? :(

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
I've been having this issue for quite some time now where my 3g/4g data appears to look like it's working fine but once you actually try and load something (Play Store, apps, browser, etc), data constantly gets stuck and it remains on the loading screen for a long period of time. It always appears to be transferring data but it's just not happening. I wait in hopes for the app or page to load up but eventually it just fails. I've tried just about every troubleshooting step and the only temporary solution I've come across is rebooting the phone but eventually my data issues continue. I've even tried every single radio but the issue progresses. Why is this constantly happening? If anyone knows of a possible data fix solution please help me out. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have created this thread for all you SG-SIII Noobs & Senior Members!

The purpose of this thread is to limit the number of (sometimes useless) threads, that are created over a simple problem that can easily be solved by READING OR SEARCHING.

This is the Emergency thread!

*Did you run into a problem and need quick assistance?

*Do you have a question or concern about your SG-SIII device?

Don't panic just ask here and I or WE THE SG-SIII COMMUNITY will gladly help!
    Wow.. great idea for a thread and THANK YOU!!

Perfect timing too cause i need a little help please.

I am not new to android but new to samsung (WOW, didnt realize it would be so different from HTC ont he rooting and flashing side of things).

Long story short. I have a tmo s3. Bought it today and wanted to root. phone was working perfectly as it shoudl on stock rom unrooted. I downloaded the tool kit v7, used that to root adn install TWRP and rebooted into the stock rom that is now rooted. Still everything working perfect.
    Here is what i did next and where the issues start.

Downloaded Synergy r290, went to recovery.
    Wiped Cache, Dalvik, Data, and System (made a backup first)
    flashed the rom and rebooted to system

However, nothing ever happened. I see the samsung logo, then all goes black and nothing happens (left it there for 10min)

I cant seem to get back into recovery holding vol up, home and power either and have no adb access to use that. I AM able to get into download mode which i know i can fix my problem here with odin, but i am just not sure what to flash and where.

Is there an easier way??

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you absolutely can't get into recovery to restore your backup..

Flash the UVDLJA root66 file in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1949687 via odin. You will have the latest UVDLJA JB update, and will be rooted. From there, install goo manager from the play store to flash TWRP.

After that you're all set to flash whatever you want (just make sure it's for the Tmobile s3).

Ok, easy enough, but do i put that in the PDA field in Odin or phone?

This sounds MUCh easier than what i thought i would have to do.. thanks a ton!

Just upload the file to PDA and hit start. Make sure to let it finish completely, once the phone reboots, it's done.

thanks alot guys!!
    got it up and running
    ill be more careful from now on to make sure im flashing the right gapps!!!!
    ok i found the new version for twrp

but cant seem to find adb shell does anyone have a link for this?

Extract the twrp8.img from the zip file to your sdcard. Open terminal on your phone and type "su" then hit enter. Type "dd if=/sdcard/twrp8.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18" andd hit enter. Let it do it's thing and type "reboot recovery" and you should restart into the new recovery.

Its easier that ADB specially if you don't know what ADB is.

Edit: replace twrp8.IMG with the name of the one you downloaded
    Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2