[Guide] Revert back to Original Stock Rom With Kies

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Reactions: Pusong mamon

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
my tablet is Samsung SPH-P600 Galaxy note 10.1 from sprint, i think no body in this forum have this tablet so i cannot find original stock rom.

You have to find it's serial number in order to input where necessary.
I cannot help. You can find either one from any friend or look a live demo at a Sprint store and go to settings- about device- status.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

strikes301

Dec 27, 2012
Reset phone issues

Hi to all. This is a very simple guide to revert back to the Stock rom that came with your phone.
Odin is not needed, also no special skills needed. All you need is a PC with Samsung Kies installed.
Kies is best to be updated to latest version. latest one is 08-01-2013

So, let's start. If you were rooted and the custom binary counter has increased, please use TriangleAway prior to this guide.

1-) Open up Kies with phone disconnected, but keep it powered up cause you will need it for the serial number.

2-)Navigate here (tools) (picture 1) and select the 3d option (software upgarade and preparation). you will get this Enter GT-N7100 press confirm.

3-) enter your phones serial number(picture 3) wich you can find either under the battery or by navigating to yout phone Settings- About device- Status- Serial
Number. Press confirm. after pressing confirm you will be presented with a dialog which lets you know that the device will be wiped. Press Confirm again.
4-) you will now be presented with the version (picture4, it is for my phone. you will have maybe other) that is the latest for your phone and your serial number. press confirm and wait for the first download (picture5). wait till it finishes.

5-)in the next screen (picture 6) read and select Agree. put your phone in download mode by pressing volume down+ home button+ power on. do not release the buttons till the phone is in the screen that tells about warning. press volume up.
connect phone to PC and press down at Start Update button.
this will take a while to download cause the update is about 1GB.
wait till it finishes and phone boot up.
Set up as usual.

Hope it helps.

I tried this process and got to the last screen, clicked the ok button and then nothing. See the picture. It does not fill the start upgrade button so I can push it. It only highlights the cancel button......urgh I am using the same cable that came with the phone and I also changed the port plug in on the back of the computer and tried it again. I rebooted the phone and tried it again...nothing. I reset the phone and cleared the cache..nothing. Help!!!! This phone has never been recognized by Kies or Odin. The only thing that has recognized it is Galaxy Note 2 toolbox. But when I have rooted the phone before, when Odin comes up it doesn't bring in the phone information. I close Odin and it finishes the root and pushes it to the phone anyway. Also, the s/n on under the battery and the s/n that shows in about phone are different. The s/n that shows on the phone is 0123456789ABCD and that's what shows up on toolbox when I connect it.

Let me know if you can help or have any questions before you can help me. I live in USA, but bought the phone from China if that helps any. Under the battery cover it says Samsung Note II GT-N7100. When it boots up it shows Samsung Note II GT-N7100 and then just the Samsung logo. No Android ever shows up.

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

Attachments

• 20130221_164206.jpg
    20130221_164206.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:

matzone

Jun 6, 2009
Right before you press ok to star the flash procedure, pot your phone into downloading mode, connect it and press ok. It should work now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

strikes301

Dec 27, 2012
Right before you press ok to star the flash procedure, pot your phone into downloading mode, connect it and press ok. It should work now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

I tried that. There is no download mode on this phone. Only recovery mode and factory mode. I have tried everything to get it into download mode and nothing. That's why I wanted to use this method to reset it. I believe since I bought the phone from China, it has some kind of block so I can't use certain features, like Google Play Store. It will let me download the app, sign on and get to the main screen, but when I try to download anything it shuts down and then won't ever open up again, only says Play store has stopped.

I also get very bad signal, so I have tried to find the CSC code to change it hoping that if I get out of the China setting, then I will have access to stuff. If I try to install a ROM, it won't install and I am guessing it's because I don't have a download mode, just the recovery. I'm sure someone else has bought a phone from a China seller to use in different countries. So Hopefully someone has figured out or knows how to help.

I have reset the phone and cleared the catch again. I tired to do the Keis reset from my laptop at home and again the same thing.

The first pic is what comes up first in recovery mode. I push the home key and then it shows the items on the second pic. The third pic is the factory mode that will come up.

Again, thank everyone in advance for helping me!!

Attachments

• Android.jpg
    Android.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 363
Reactions: SkoreK89

Garfildu

Dec 2, 2012
Budapest
One question

Is it true that this thing not working on mac ? Because i have a mac and i don't find that comand in tools ????

ramgab

Sep 5, 2010
Motherboard Changed !!!

Likely they just change motherboard.

Finally, got my phone back today, they changed the motherboard and supplied a new serial number. First thing i did was get it upgraded to 4.1.2.

A bonus i got with the mobo change is that Samsung Kies actually connects now :victory: Never had that working before the mobo died...

rajverma3135

Oct 23, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Extracting original firm from Samsung kies

Flashing rom doesn't reset counter, irrespective of method you use.
Right now only available method is triangle away.

Hi guys

Is there any way to extract original firmware from Samsung kies, as everything I want to uproot my phone, I have to connect my phone to Samsung kies and it download a file around 1gb then update my phone.
If I can get a zip file or ruu file then it can help and prevent downloading 1gb again n again.

Thanks

Cheers

Raj

rajverma3135

Oct 23, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Thanks for Ur reply mate.

I had a look on suggested post.

My phone details are as follows
Base N7100XXDLK7 ANDROID ROM STOCK FACTORY

Build number JZO54K.N7100XXDMC3

Do I need to look for base number or build number.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all. This is a very simple guide to revert back to the Stock rom that came with your phone.
    Odin is not needed, also no special skills needed. All you need is a PC with Samsung Kies installed.
    Kies is best to be updated to latest version. latest one is 08-01-2013

So, let's start. If you were rooted and the custom binary counter has increased, please use TriangleAway prior to this guide.

1-) Open up Kies with phone disconnected, but keep it powered up cause you will need it for the serial number.

2-)Navigate here (tools) (picture 1) and select the 3d option (software upgarade and preparation). you will get this Enter GT-N7100 press confirm.

3-) enter your phones serial number(picture 3) wich you can find either under the battery or by navigating to yout phone Settings- About device- Status- Serial
    Number. Press confirm. after pressing confirm you will be presented with a dialog which lets you know that the device will be wiped. Press Confirm again.
    4-) you will now be presented with the version (picture4, it is for my phone. you will have maybe other) that is the latest for your phone and your serial number. press confirm and wait for the first download (picture5). wait till it finishes.

5-)in the next screen (picture 6) read and select Agree. put your phone in download mode by pressing volume down+ home button+ power on. do not release the buttons till the phone is in the screen that tells about warning. press volume up.
    connect phone to PC and press down at Start Update button.
    this will take a while to download cause the update is about 1GB.
    wait till it finishes and phone boot up.
    Set up as usual.

Hope it helps.
    I m on stock 4.3 With KnoX tripped...
    With this kies method can i downgrade to 4.1.2?

no, this will install latest firmware available, wich is android 4.3

im on a phone without knox. if i update through KIES will i get KNOX installed?

yes

Can this method work with custom recovery too? Im rooted, 4.3 ml3, philz recovery and stock rom

can work, but will install 4.3 with knox

I'm now on android 4.3 ( custom rooted rom ) ... and even after using triangle away .. it gives binary counter 1
    do you think after following your steps I will go to stock official rom 4.3 and with counter 0 ??
    Thanks in advance

no
    try use triangle away, after that reboot directly in download mode and flash firmware with odin.
    note more than 5min once it finish downloading and start flashing, otherwise
    you may got bootloop. In that case
    Reboot to recovery (vol up+home +power)
    and wipe cache and data (factory reset)
    PS:This will erase all your data.
    It will work coming from any rom. Just backup, backup, backup your personal data. It will wipe internal sd.

Wow, thanks!
    I hust have a question about this, for example, if i ever want to rollback to carrier stock ROM, i should follow the steps above? If we do this, are we going to enable OTA carrier updates as long as we don't root the phone, right?

Thanks!

you are correct. in both questions:laugh: