[TUTORIAL] Merge Xposed, Tasker, Autovoice and Google Now to use phone only by voice

Search This thread

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
i've tried to update apps, and i faced the same issue @Zheen faced... so either we both are making mistakes or api has to be updated to work with latest google search release... anyway the other profiles seems to work fawlessly even after the update...

Dilshad969

Jul 29, 2012
Jamshedpur
I have installed everything that you have told but still I am having a problem.
In the tasker when i add a Plugin event then Assistant Event for tasker is not being shown. What is the problem with it.

Dilshad969

Jul 29, 2012
Jamshedpur
Did you import the profiles or did you create them on your own?
I have downloaded Assistant Event for tasker from PLAY STORE and by following your tutorial is creating a profile.
For this I am clicking on the + button and selecting event then selecting Plugin and here is the problem I am not getting any plugin named Assistant Event for tasker ; nor after searching it as well.
I am using Rooted MOTO E

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
I have downloaded Assistant Event for tasker from PLAY STORE and by following your tutorial is creating a profile.
For this I am clicking on the + button and selecting event then selecting Plugin and here is the problem I am not getting any plugin named Assistant Event for tasker ; nor after searching it as well.
I am using Rooted MOTO E
i'll try to reproduce the issue on my hox and i'll be back asap...

edit: @Dilshad969 you have to set up a state trigger, not an event one... then in plugin you'll find the assistant event :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dilshad969

johentie

Dec 22, 2011
Toronto
Hello.. so i am new to the world of Tasker and autovoice...
I am trying some tests out to see how effective this is but i notice that most of the time after saying the Google Now command (command filter) it takes ALONGGGGGG time to execute!

i tried a simple FLASH toast message after saying "test" and it took 5 seconds sometimes 10 seconds to show the Flash toast message... sometimes it didn't happen at all... here is what i did:
When i test it in tasker by pressing play it works instantly...

I have an Lg G3 rooted

the problem with the delay is that i have a automatic LOCK/UNLOCK device.. Lockitron it's called... its on wifi and it wakes up for a certain amount of time before it sleeps..
since the command takes so long to execute the lock goes to sleep

Edit:
when i use continuous mode it works really quickly... when i do it through google now it;s very slow.. i need google now on cause then i can use it through my moto 360..and continuous mode doesn't work all the time

Last edited:

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Hello.. so i am new to the world of Tasker and autovoice...
I am trying some tests out to see how effective this is but i notice that most of the time after saying the Google Now command (command filter) it takes ALONGGGGGG time to execute!

i tried a simple FLASH toast message after saying "test" and it took 5 seconds sometimes 10 seconds to show the Flash toast message... sometimes it didn't happen at all... here is what i did:
When i test it in tasker by pressing play it works instantly...

I have an Lg G3 rooted

the problem with the delay is that i have a automatic LOCK/UNLOCK device.. Lockitron it's called... its on wifi and it wakes up for a certain amount of time before it sleeps..
since the command takes so long to execute the lock goes to sleep

Edit:
when i use continuous mode it works really quickly... when i do it through google now it;s very slow.. i need google now on cause then i can use it through my moto 360..and continuous mode doesn't work all the time

So you are facing issues when trying to execute a tasker's task through Google now, am i right? If so it might be related to the Google version, working bad with the api...

Last edited:

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Excuse me, but I'm newbie to use tasker, now im using version 4.5 and I dont know how to configure it to auto switch airplane mode. Im searching on Internet, but all of them guide use old version, so I dont know how to do it. Anyone can help me, please? Thanks your attention[emoji15]
I think you need secure settings... If i've time i'll try and let you know...

Sent from here

Reactions: oldman20
install secure settings via play store, goto tasker, add task, clic "+", select plugin, selecty secure settings, click the pencil, select system+ actions, select airplane mode and set it to on, off or toggle... will work :)
Thanks your help, but i dont see where to find select plugin like that you told? I installed secure setting!
Would you make a screenshots details step by step, please? In task version 4.5. Thanks you so much[emoji5]
9abee6f0336abb0452434bad6c8d52cf.jpg
8fbbb643172421ef552aa443d548ab18.jpg
7ec7ebcb6e5b2adf0bb36df3e9a3003d.jpg
69a8f1f5334602d638cd63a0a013e7f5.jpg

Last edited:

78Staff

Sep 26, 2007
Cosmo, Fl
Thanks your help, but i dont see where to find select plugin like that you told? I installed secure setting!

After installing, run secure settings outside of tasker, go to System+ tab, and enable it.

Now start tasker. First off, most turn off beginner mode in settings, it allow your more options.

Then, what you basically want to do is create a profile, and attach a task to it. Think of the profile as what triggers your task. It could be any or many things, ie time based, location based, network based, signal based, etc. Then you create a task. Name it, and on the next screen, click the + at the bottom, which will pop up a table of options - choose plugin, then secure settings, next screen choose configuration, and then go to the airplane mode option and go from there. Airplane Mode is usually under root actions...

check out the Tasker link in my sig, it has a nice set of tutorials to get you up and running and show you all the neat and crazy stuff you can do with Tasker :).

Last edited:
After installing, run secure settings outside of tasker, go to System+ tab, and enable it.

Now start tasker. First off, most turn off beginner mode in settings, it allow your more options.

Then, what you basically want to do is create a profile, and attach a task to it. Think of the profile as what triggers your task. It could be any or many things, ie time based, location based, network based, signal based, etc. Then you create a task. Name it, and on the next screen, click the + at the bottom, which will pop up a table of options - choose plugin, then secure settings, next screen choose configuration, and then go to the airplane mode option and go from there. Airplane Mode is usually under root actions...

check out the Tasker link in my sig, it has a nice set of tutorials to get you up and running and show you all the neat and crazy stuff you can do with Tasker :).

Very detail, Thanks much[emoji5]. I got it

Hey Mr 78Staff: I have a trouble! After config, I tested it. But it only working if I press play button in task tab, like this
bd7f93d6f7aac2116b1f3ebbe431ded7.jpg

And when I setup time to auto switch airplane mode, nothing happened. This my configure, is that true?
8c9fd62b9806b7936184d62da0065992.jpg
f66af62c33929dcc2f8bcf64b8bf3eb5.jpg
6bf3364fb2bb109575a4c34d7c95a6fc.jpg

I forgot, one more thing: I don't see row "plugin" like that you told, and I must search in catalog, maybe cause UI in new version
768f112bf70a41034ac12ed7563f0321.jpg

Last edited:

78Staff

Sep 26, 2007
Cosmo, Fl
If the task works when manually played, then the task part of the config is correct, but it's apparently not firing based on the condition you've setup (the profile). I suspect you need a start and end time - just having a start/from time only may not work. The below example would run from 12:01am to 6:01am, for instance.

And here's how the basic profile will look...

Profile: AP Example (58)
Time: From 00:01 Till 06:01
Enter: AP Mode On (69)
A1: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Airplane Mode Enabled Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings Timeout (Seconds):0 ]

Try adding an end time and see if that makes a difference.

If the task works when manually played, then the task part of the config is correct, but it's apparently not firing based on the condition you've setup (the profile). I suspect you need a start and end time - just having a start/from time only may not work. The below example would run from 12:01am to 6:01am, for instance.

And here's how the basic profile will look...

Profile: AP Example (58)
Time: From 00:01 Till 06:01
Enter: AP Mode On (69)
A1: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Airplane Mode Enabled Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings Timeout (Seconds):0 ]

Try adding an end time and see if that makes a difference.
Yes, I forgot write it. Of course I did it before, then it doest work, so I tried change time like that, still not work. I dont know why??

78Staff

Sep 26, 2007
Cosmo, Fl
Yes, I forgot write it. Of course I did it before, then it doest work, so I tried change time like that, still not work. I dont know why??

Hmm...you're not on lollipop, are you?

Do me a favor, we've gone off-topic for this thread, please head over to the tasker-specific thread (the link in my sig) and post your actual profile (export description, then copy into post). We'll dig into it further in the appropriate thread.

Hmm...you're not on lollipop, are you?

Do me a favor, we've gone off-topic for this thread, please head over to the tasker-specific thread (the link in my sig) and post your actual profile (export description, then copy into post). We'll dig into it further in the appropriate thread.
Yep, I using custom rom carbon 4.4.4. Sory, I cant see your signature, im using tapatalk[emoji17]
For give me,Can i post description on this thread?
Profile: Anon (2) Time: From 12:01 Till 12:03 Enter: Airplane (3) Task: Airplane (3) A1: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Airplane Mode Enabled Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings Timeout (Seconds):0 ]

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guide

How to merge Xposed, Tasker, Autovoice and Google Now all together

Hi Guys!
    This is a guide about how to integrate tasker, xposed, autovoice and google now and get our device to work with voice (even when screen is off)
    Read carefully the disclaimer and follow the guide only if you know what you’re doing :p

Credits
    Credits go to all the developers who created the apps/plugins/xposed modules I use in this guide and also to @memnoc who wrote this useful guide that gave me this idea...

I got some ideas also reading guides around the web, but I haven’t found one which merges all this things all together, so here it is :)

Purpose

The purpose of this guide is to let our devices act like a Nexus 5 or a Moto X: in the first one you can say “ok google” to launch Google Search in the homescreen, in the second one you can do that even when the phone is in standby :good:

Disclaimer

I’m not responsible for bricked devices or wrong setups, this is a part of my personal setup and I’m sharing this “as is”…
    Moreover pay attention when setting up tasker, because if you make any mistake you might put your phone in a “non-unlocking loop” and you will be cut off from it…
    I'm not using free versions of the apps, but the donate ones! (should work also on free versions, not sure anyway)
    Remember also that this setup can drain a lot of battery as it enables our phones to listen to commands even with screen off (you can put a tasker trigger to let it work only with screen on, for example)
    I’ve tried this setup only with my phone and it works, so if you test this on yours and it works, please let me know :)
    You can edit this instructions to fit your needs, those are only a guideline…
    I’ve got a lot of profiles and tasks in my tasker homescreen because I’ve made a lot of automation, so if I miss something please let me know, I’ll add it asap :)
    if you use my guide and follow my instructions, then you accept the disclaimer :)

Requirements

Root (obviously)
    Tasker
    Secure settings
    assistant event
    Xposed
    Autovoice
    Google search api (xposed module)
    You need to mod your google search app as described is memnco’s guide (link above)

Missing parts
    I will not write down how to install xposed, modules and so on (you already know :))
    I will only write how to merge everything

My setup
    Htc One X
    ViperX 4.0.7

Let’s start
    When you have met all the requirements, you can start:

Google api configuration:

1) Open google api and tick both checkboxes and be sure autovoice is inside plugin list
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Autovoice configuration:

1) Open autovoice and toggle continuous listener switch on
    attachment.php

2) enable google now api integration
    attachment.php

3) Edit search type to “both”
    attachment.php

Tasker configuration:
    **if you want, you can download a minimum working profiles setup from OP#3, but i suggest you to read ths part anyway**

Here there is the real important part… you will have to setup different tasks and toggles to have everything working, also because when you start google now autovoice continuous mode stops working and you have to re-enable it…
    Keep in mind that if you want to perform tests or change anything during configuration you might need to restart autovoice continuous mode manually, as sometimes it stops working after configurations…
    Nothing to worry about anyway ;)
    Moreover, if you restart autovoice, pay attention to be in tasker home screen after setting up a task or a trigger, because if you have any pending task/profile configuration autovoice continuous mode might not work properly
    p.s. I had those issues on my device with many other tasker triggers and tasks, so you might not encounter them along you way :)
    if Tasker asks you Root permissions, give them to it…

I set my recognition language to en-EN because I’m Italian, infact when I talk to my phone I prefer to do this in English so I will not trigger anything while speaking to my friends J. I also set up a trigger word (viper in my case) so if I’m talking to someone and I say “home” my device will not reconfigure itself for home (to do that I will have to say “viper home”)
    When prompting a command after a trigger word, wait a couple of seconds and I suggest you to setup a timeout for command recognition after trigger word…

My device has not an unlock pattern/sim/password, so it’s quite simple to wake it up with a word… if your device has some security lockscreen protection, search in tasker/secure settings instructions how to remove it and re-enable it again (only required if you want your device to listen to you even if its screen is off)

allow tasker external access in preferences and also uncheck beginner mode (should work even without external access, but not sure)

1) Setup a state trigger, call it Autovoice Daemon, search for plugin/Assistant Event for tasker, click it and click “pencil icon in top-right corner” after configuration: it will auto configure itself, do not do anything else here
    2) Link a task to it, call it Autovoice Daemon and add plugin/Autovoice Recognize and configure it like mine
    attachment.php

edit language according to your likings
    3) Create a new state trigger, call it Autovoice Google, search for plugin/Autovoice Recognized and configure it this way: event behaviour “true”, command filter is “google” and trigger word is “viper” (that's for me, you can change it as you prefer)
    4) Link a task to it, call it GN and set it up this way
    attachment.php

--to setup secure settings, click add/plugin/secure settings and configure them… you will need 3: the first one is to enable keyguard, the second one to disable it and the third one is to wake device (set it to wake both screen and keyboard)

Now, if you restart the autovoice continuous mode and turn display off, after saying “viper google” Google Now should appear on display and you can say "ok google" to do what you want (in the language you want)… google api integration is required to let google handle autovoice triggers
    Remember that launching google now will break autovoice continuous mode, so you will need to find a way to disable continuous mode and to re-enable it according to your needs… tasker can easily handle that…
    For example I set tasker to turn off continuous mode when google now is opened and to turn it on again when I lock device (this is enough for my likings :))
    I also set the phone to vibrate after recognition of “viper” trigger word, so I know when the trigger word has been accepted and I can tell the command…

Possibilities are unilimited :D let your fantasy guide you ;)

Hope you liked the guide, if I missed something or you want more explanations, tell me please :)
    have a nice day!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Voice Control with Xposed, Tasker, Autovoice, Google Now, a Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
    lukes91

Version Information

Created 2014-03-29
    Last Updated 2014-03-29
    Tasker Minimum Working Confguration
    (requirements descripted in OP must be met to getting this working)

ok guys, here attached you can find the minimum required profiled/tasks for getting everything working...
    i've tried to delete all tasker data from my setup and imported only those and it worked, so you shouldn't encounter issues...
    to be sure it will work, verify in tasker preferences that beginner mode is unticked and external access is allowed...
    pay attention that those come from my personal configuration, so there might be instructions/settings/profiles/etc not suitable for your personal configuration and so i STRONGLY suggest you to check my profiles and tasks before activating them, i won't be responsible for issues/bricked devices/hair loss or apocalypse ;)
    to import them, extract files from zip, put them to sd card, open tasker, click on profiles tab, select import and browse to the files...

the trigger word is "viper"
    the word used to launch google now after saying "viper" is "google" (how much fantasy here :p)

the profile "autovoice recognised" is used only to make the phone vibrate when the trigger word is listened and recognized, so it's not "strictly" required to have everything working

in those profiles you won't fing anything to toggle autovoice continuous mode on/of or to preserve battery life, so if you set everything up the battery might drain very, VERY fast; sorry guys, but you will have to manage this on your own to fit your needs (anyway ask here if you want suggestions :))

please edit those profile according to your likings, so for example you can set them/add others so as phone will isten to your voice when it's inside car dock, it might be useful when driving... i assume that in this scenario car charger will be plugged in, so battery won't drain too much :)

if i forget something please let me know :)

p.s. i won't write the detailed guide if those profiles work, because it woult take a lot of time and moreover you can deduce all the steps looking at profiles uploaded here...

if you want to change trigger word, jump here ;)

Security Warning!
    pay attention that enabling those profiles everyone who knows your trigger word can unlock and wake your device, even if an unlock sequence is set... i've not tested them with pin/password protection..
    Tested working configurations

HTC One X - ViperX 4.0.7 (Sense 5.0 and android 4.2.2)
    Galaxy Note 2 N7100 - Ditto Note 3 (thanks to @Daedulus Minion)
    Droid RAZR HD Maxx - Android 4.1.2 (thanks to @LifeAsADroid)
    Contributors
    I would like to thank the following users for reporting their working configurations

I wanted to say that I did it before you did but never uploaded it on XDA nice work though now I had this working on my phone from the past 3 months you can have a look at my Google+ profile by my username

Now my main aim is to port the whole Moto X feature into my own ROM soon just need the code to be perfect and working let's hope

Sorry man, i couldn't know you already did it :) anyway i hope we can see this feature in every device from now on...

Sent from here