Samsung Galaxy Y wont turn on

Search This thread

MeetJunx

Oct 8, 2012
So my Samsung Galaxy Y unexpectedly turned off yesterday. When I try to turn it on it just turns on until the Samsung Galaxy Y GT-s5360 or the welcome screen but turns off again so I tried three times before it turned on. I was able to use the phone for like 5 minutes then it turned off again and from then on I can only turn it on until the Samsung Galaxy Y Welcome screen for 5 seconds only. Take note only 5 seconds or less than 10 seconds. This is not boot loop I am sure for the phone turns off. When I try the volume up + home button + switch button I cannot do anything with it since it turns off in less than 10 seconds. I've been asking around other sites and people told me that this might be because of the internal memory and I think they are correct because my phone has been saying internal memory almost full but I simply uninstall apps. But if this is true then how am I able to delete files if I cannot even access my phone. I dont wanna go to a technician and have it reformated because I would be paying much and I have important files that cant be deleted. Please help me. I need your reply thanks.

sadish.garg

Sep 13, 2012
are ur important files on sd card or internal memory?
also the best choice is to take it to the service centre

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

anasdcool71

Apr 21, 2012
Jamshedpur
Maybe it's just a small problem. Have you tried charging it? 'coz the battery might be down. If it still dosen't work, see if you can enter odin mode and flash stock firmware.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

MeetJunx

Oct 8, 2012
@Jeannuel I cant enter that mode because my phone shuts off between 5-10 seconds. and the link you gave made my cellphone turn on but its still the same.

@sadish.garg its in the internal memory

@anasdcool71 I cant enter odin mode since I cant turn my phone on. the phone is charged too

Galaxy_Rohit

Sep 25, 2012
Electrifying
You mean to say that it turns off 5-10 seconds in download mode as well?? & if that's the case, then fella!! you've to give it to samsung service center.

Sent Via XDA™ Premium

m.h.mahadi

Jun 24, 2012
Dhaka
www.facebook.com
Google Pixel 7
@anasdcool71 I cant enter odin mode since I cant turn my phone on. the phone is charged too

1. download odin packages from docky73's thread.
2.Remove everything from your
phone (SD card, sim, battery).
3. Plug your phone into your
computer WITHOUT the battery.
4. Press and HOLD vol. up and
vol. down.
5. As you are HOLDING these
buttons, reattach your battery.
6. You should be in Download
Mode.
7. Unplug phone from USB
now flash phone via odin...
it may work:confused:

Ameya0909

Apr 6, 2012
the same problem occurred with me 3 times...the first 2 times what i did was remove the battery for 1 minute or so..then insert it and start charging the phone...after a few hours the charging screen appeared automatically and then i could access the phone...the 3rd time it happened..the above process didint work and i had too take it to the samsung service center and repair it there...when i asked them what the problem was..theys said it happens when u update something although that wasnt true
so finally my advice to u..try the process i tried first..if still it doesnt work..l got no choice but too take ie to the service center...and dont worry they wont charge u anything if your cell is in the warranty period even if its rooted as they hardly bother about it

deathnotice01

Feb 19, 2012
Cebu
simply

TURN OFF THE PHONE,

DONT PRESS POWER,

PRESS POWER + HOME + VOLUME UP TOGETHER WHILE THE PHONE IS OFF

there...

G

GuestK00438

I had the same problem,charge ur phone or while it's plugged in charger press (vol up+main+power) their clear ur internal memory :) no other way have to format internel memory..or try flashing a custom from.

riohelle

May 31, 2013
i cant open my samsung galaxy y

So my Samsung Galaxy Y unexpectedly turned off yesterday. When I try to turn it on it just turns on until the Samsung Galaxy Y GT-s5360 or the welcome screen but turns off again so I tried three times before it turned on. I was able to use the phone for like 5 minutes then it turned off again and from then on I can only turn it on until the Samsung Galaxy Y Welcome screen for 5 seconds only. Take note only 5 seconds or less than 10 seconds. This is not boot loop I am sure for the phone turns off. When I try the volume up + home button + switch button I cannot do anything with it since it turns off in less than 10 seconds. I've been asking around other sites and people told me that this might be because of the internal memory and I think they are correct because my phone has been saying internal memory almost full but I simply uninstall apps. But if this is true then how am I able to delete files if I cannot even access my phone. I dont wanna go to a technician and have it reformated because I would be paying much and I have important files that cant be deleted. Please help me. I need your reply thanks.

me too i cant open my samsung after its hang up. i turn it off then after a minute i open it again but it only appear the welcome samsung and thats it ./. im using galaxy y and i tried to open again and again up to now it was yesterday plzzzzzzzz help me guys tnxxxxxx

MrJellybean

Jan 24, 2013
......slurp......
me too i cant open my samsung after its hang up. i turn it off then after a minute i open it again but it only appear the welcome samsung and thats it ./. im using galaxy y and i tried to open again and again up to now it was yesterday plzzzzzzzz help me guys tnxxxxxx
First of all, is the battery charged??
Keep the device switched off and leave it for charging for atleast an hour.

S

SgyGURU

same happened with one of my friend...
you have to get your power button repaired..
that's it!!
hope it will help you..
:):)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

abhishekr700

Mar 20, 2013
New Delhi
www.geeksunboxed.com
so my samsung galaxy y unexpectedly turned off yesterday. When i try to turn it on it just turns on until the samsung galaxy y gt-s5360 or the welcome screen but turns off again so i tried three times before it turned on. I was able to use the phone for like 5 minutes then it turned off again and from then on i can only turn it on until the samsung galaxy y welcome screen for 5 seconds only. Take note only 5 seconds or less than 10 seconds. This is not boot loop i am sure for the phone turns off. When i try the volume up + home button + switch button i cannot do anything with it since it turns off in less than 10 seconds. I've been asking around other sites and people told me that this might be because of the internal memory and i think they are correct because my phone has been saying internal memory almost full but i simply uninstall apps. But if this is true then how am i able to delete files if i cannot even access my phone. I dont wanna go to a technician and have it reformated because i would be paying much and i have important files that cant be deleted. Please help me. I need your reply thanks.
i think ur battery has worn out

DroidEye

Jun 8, 2013
system hardware will damage if you turn on and off ur phone many times....the main problem is the system hardware or the battery not the memory

That happen to me before but luckly i fixed my phone

Sent from my GT creeds rom REMIX using xda app-developers app

deathless009

Jun 5, 2013
The phone is HARD BRICKED...Try guides at symbianize.com...
used one of the guides there cause they're useful...
u just need to get things before making it

Please Hit Thanks if i helped you ! :cyclops:

Sujee_Y

Jun 8, 2013
the same problem occurred with me 3 times...the first 2 times what i did was remove the battery for 1 minute or so..then insert it and start charging the phone...after a few hours the charging screen appeared automatically and then i could access the phone...the 3rd time it happened..the above process didint work and i had too take it to the samsung service center and repair it there...when i asked them what the problem was..theys said it happens when u update something although that wasnt true
so finally my advice to u..try the process i tried first..if still it doesnt work..l got no choice but too take ie to the service center...and dont worry they wont charge u anything if your cell is in the warranty period even if its rooted as they hardly bother about it

Have the same problem here :rolleyes: after inserting the battery it power up automatically and then 3 times after galaxy y it restarts and then goes to Home after sometime again restarts :mad:

fmpdroid

Jun 15, 2013
heeelp!

im having the same problem T.T has anyone tried using usb jig to fix this problem? im so depressed T.T Is there other way than going to the service center? By the way I can't flash ODIN too. Every time i put the battery it flashes Galaxy Y and then turns off after a few seconds :( please reply!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm just playing some music with my samsung galaxy y when it suddenly turned off. I tried to turn it on but after about 5 seconds it turned off again. i thought that the battery is dead so i charged it for almost 3 hours. after charging, I pressed the power button but the same happened, i tried to turn it on many times but my phone keeps on turning off after about 5-8 seconds. I watched some video tutorials and all of them talks about "boot loop" or being "stuck in the samsung logo". Still, I tried them. I've already downloaded Odin, Stock Rom and Samsung galaxy Y USB cable Driver but the problem is that my phone is not being recognized by the computer for a long period of time as it turns off after a few seconds. it turns off even when it is in the download mode. I think my case is different from boot loop. I really don't know what to do so please help me. Thanks. . .

You have a power button fault - its stuck in - either try popping it back out so it's not stuck in or if you can't you will need a new power button - but a bit of wriggling & prising should free it