[Q] HTC one bricked. Need help to recover

Search This thread

pycckuu_4ejl

May 23, 2008
San Francisco
Hello guys.
I've tried to install last cyanogenmod and I missed bunch of steps I guess. But I made a backup in TWRP before trying to flash it. I wiped cache and Dalvik.
Tried installing it again and still failed. At this point I tried rebooting my phone and found out that it doesn't boot and reboots to recovery.
Before trying all this I transferred all backup files to PC and deleted it from my HTC one.
After that I renamed it and managed to push it through ADB back to my HTC one. Then I checked "Recovery" option in HTC one and nothing showed up.
I moved *.zip archinve to /sdcard/TWRP/backups/FA38MS9572653/
but still it doesn't show up in recovery.
What could be a reason and could somebody for the love of god lead me in right direction.

jimbobtexas

May 10, 2010
Carrollton
Hello guys.
I've tried to install last cyanogenmod and I missed bunch of steps I guess. But I made a backup in TWRP before trying to flash it. I wiped cache and Dalvik.
Tried installing it again and still failed. At this point I tried rebooting my phone and found out that it doesn't boot and reboots to recovery.
Before trying all this I transferred all backup files to PC and deleted it from my HTC one.
After that I renamed it and managed to push it through ADB back to my HTC one. Then I checked "Recovery" option in HTC one and nothing showed up.
What could be a reason and could somebody for the love of god lead me in right direction.

If you can get to recovery, you're not bricked. You can use sideload ADB to load up a new ROM. I'm a little confused why you can't restore your TWRP backup, though. Any progress?

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Hello guys.

The backup should not be zipped. It should be at /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUP/FA38MS9572653/*dated_folder*/*backup_files*. Backup files are boot.emmc.win, system.ext4.win, etc.

If you renamed it it must not contain any spaces anywhere in the file path. (*/BACKUP/FA38MS9572653/my backup/) will not work because there is a space between my and backup.

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Fastboot

Hello guys.

Can you enter fastboot and can your PC see your device in fastboot mode??