Interested in Dynamic Kat?

Search This thread

n4n4k1

May 22, 2008
I'm loving the ROM from checking out the thread, I'd love to see it on the AT&T S5. I'm a huge fan of AOSP-esque themes and a clean, "pure" android experience. We have very little options at the moment when it comes to ROMs built as such for our device. I'd love to help out in any way I can should you need it :good:

pcidiot

Oct 30, 2010
Just curious at to if there is any interest in Dynamic Kat coming over to the AT&T S5? I know some of you, and its because of you that I am considering it.
You can check out Dynamic Kat here

If there is enough interest, I will commit to the project.
Brian

I say go right ahead nobodies going to say no. We could use all the development we can get. I am sure you will get plenty of people wanting to use it or to just check it out.

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
Just curious at to if there is any interest in Dynamic Kat coming over to the AT&T S5? I know some of you, and its because of you that I am considering it.

Brian

I sported your ROMS before I sold the Note 3. Very nice work. Its to bad I have the Active S5 but hopefully we get a forum soon.
Our firmware currently is >HERE< and I have a restore thread for us Active people here as well. There is not much difference in the bases.

Edit: Needed your help with gps issues but I fixed it. I just re-downloaded the sam mobile link for Actives firmware and Odin back again. I guess my 1st download was a bad one.

Last edited:

bri315317

Oct 27, 2010
South Carolina
Tell me what the situation is between the S5 and S5 active, other than a few buttons, what is the difference? Does the S5 active work with an S5 rom.

Also, International vs ATT based rom, what is the preference?
@LuckyColdJohnson
I believe I would have it reflashed at Best Buy or ATT. If that doesnt fix it, I believe I would look at replacing it.

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
Tell me what the situation is between the S5 and S5 active, other than a few buttons, what is the difference? Does the S5 active work with an S5 rom.

Also, International vs ATT based rom, what is the preference?

@LuckyColdJohnson
I believe I would have it reflashed at Best Buy or ATT. If that doesnt fix it, I believe I would look at replacing it.

The difference in firmware is the extra buttons I bet and maybe two apps. S 5 Roms work on here and yalls root and recovery. I will go to Best Buy tomorrow and see if they can help. Thanks

bri315317

Oct 27, 2010
South Carolina
I appreciate the warm responses :)

Can someone tell me more about the S5A? Specifically what does not work when running a S5 rom.

What is the general preference between international roms vs carrier roms. International rom would be my preference but I will do what ever you guys prefer.

Brian

peaster3

Apr 30, 2010
Texas
Your ROM looks great! I would be interested. As far as choosing between International vs. carrier, there is no preference. For me it all depends on what features are available and how fast will it run.

cerobles1

Sep 10, 2011
Riverview

Brian

Please base your ROM off international. It has features already built in that the carrier versions have taken out. Looking forward to see what you bake.

Sent from my SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Please base your ROM off international. It has features already built in that the carrier versions have taken out. Looking forward to see what you bake.

Sent from my SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

+100 on this, AT&T versions are crap. International is way better (Download Booster, Dynamic Auto Brightness, No bloat, etc).

Please base on International version.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

I appreciate the warm responses :)

Can someone tell me more about the S5A? Specifically what does not work when running a S5 rom.

What is the general preference between international roms vs carrier roms. International rom would be my preference but I will do what ever you guys prefer.

Brian

International Please.. Thanks

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
International is what I prefer also. You guys have any issues with your phone when using international Roms, this would allow me to easily test on my TMO device.

I'm currently running the VisionX Rom from the TMO forum which is based on the International version and it works perfect, it has been my DD since Safestrap was released. No issues whatsoever.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Brian
    I will start on this next week. I will bring GPE theme in as an add on like the note 3 ROM. [emoji482]
    Rom is live in the dev section :)
    I'm willing to be a tester if you need one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I'm loving the ROM from checking out the thread, I'd love to see it on the AT&T S5. I'm a huge fan of AOSP-esque themes and a clean, "pure" android experience. We have very little options at the moment when it comes to ROMs built as such for our device. I'd love to help out in any way I can should you need it :good: