[Q] Any of you switching to the new htc one or GS5?

Search This thread

sniickers

Oct 31, 2013
Macon
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
I see no sound reason to get a m8 nor a s5 as an Note 3 owner. I few at best minor features to get into another large purchase. If you got money to blow and really love technology, why not. I am a big Samsung fan. Mainly because of my experience with their devices and appliances. The heat rate thing is neat on the s5. But I plan on purchasing the gear 2 and can use that for heart rate. Sure the camera is better. But I don't take pictures for a living nor attend a photography group. IMO I really cant see the Note 3 being beat anytime soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

SEXperiaX1

Oct 17, 2008
Los Angeles
Why would you guys even consider the new HTC One?
4MP ultra crap which is as bad as before and design wise, it's even uglier than the old one.
It doesn't even record videos in 4k and I wonder why is that?
Photo quality is a big deal for most of us and I even think the Note 3 is a step down in terms of photo quality compared to the Note 2.

I hope T-Mobile gets the Sony Xperia Z2 with 32GB internal storage but that may not happen until autumn. :(

Reactions: d12unk13astard

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
4MP ultra crap which is as bad as before and design wise, it's even uglier than the old one.
Photo quality is a big deal for most of us and I even think the Note 3 is a step down in terms of photo quality compared to the Note 2.

I hope T-Mobile gets the Sony Xperia Z2 with 32GB internal storage but that may not happen until autumn. :(

I agree with everything you said except the camera quality on note 3 compared to note 2. I can't tell you the number of people that are overly impressed by the pics I've taken with my note 3, never got as many when I had the note 2.

Last year's HTC One was a good phone, I have many friends who own it and they were previous iPhone users that now swear to never go back to crapple. The new M8 design is garbage and that bezel is unforgiving! I would love if samsung got rid of their samsung logo in front of the phone and put it on back instead, thus being able to achieve a 6+" note 4 that remains around the same size as our note 3.

I don't mind the physical home button I do like it, but I also wouldn't mind to see Samsung really impress everyone this year and try doing awayp with it and go full onscreen capacitive buttons instead. While I'm at it let's see Samsung be the first Android phablet to have 4 gb ram and 64 gb default internal storage!! :D

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

sniickers

Oct 31, 2013
Macon
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
The note 3 has a 13mp camera and the note 2 has 8mp, just to mention specs. Now I am no photographer, but I have friends with a note 2 who camera does not compare. Besides the note 3 is so overkill, there is no reason to really upgrade but for more specs. Bigger screen, 2k or 4k, 4g ram, 64 bit process or 801 or whatever is available at that time. I like the idea of moving the logo round back and eliminating the home button, maybe even place it on the side. Like the camera button on the HTC evo LTE. And maximum the front of the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I see no sound reason to get a m8 nor a s5 as an Note 3 owner. I few at best minor features to get into another large purchase. If you got money to blow and really love technology, why not. I am a big Samsung fan. Mainly because of my experience with their devices and appliances. The heat rate thing is neat on the s5. But I plan on purchasing the gear 2 and can use that for heart rate. Sure the camera is better. But I don't take pictures for a living nor attend a photography group. IMO I really cant see the Note 3 being beat anytime soon.

None of these newer phones have any must have features or much improved specs compared to the note 3. Depending on how much improved the note 4 is to the note 3 (majorly looking at larger internal storage options and hopefully android 4.5 or 5.0) I might even just wait til note 5 comes out. The note 3 is still "the real phone" to contend with and has lots of staying power.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
    HTC will never be in these hands. They suck

TWEAKED N3