Possible Brick? Need Serious Help!

Search This thread

CC268

Apr 4, 2011
Cave Creek
I need some help here...phone may be done already though. I was on Jkruse's NC5 Verizon ROM. I was on MDK and had unlocked bootloader. Recently I tried going to Recovery to try and flash a new ROM. I got a Verizon message saying that there was unauotherized material on my phone and to turn it off and bring it Verizon. Suposedly the issue is that the kernel was not Loki'd, however it was Ktoonz kernel so not sure why that would be the case.

I just tried ODIN following this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2301259

It flashed the Factory MDK image succesfully and now it just sits on the Verizon boot-up screen. I think I may be out of luck at this point, but hoping someone can help me. Seems like the NC5 ROM really made the phone go haywire.

EDIT: I can get into the stock recovery, but it just won't boot up...sticks at the Verizon screen

Last edited:

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I need some help here...phone may be done already though. I was on Jkruse's NC5 Verizon ROM. I was on MDK and had unlocked bootloader. Recently I tried going to Recovery to try and flash a new ROM. I got a Verizon message saying that there was unauotherized material on my phone and to turn it off and bring it Verizon. Suposedly the issue is that the kernel was not Loki'd, however it was Ktoonz kernel so not sure why that would be the case.

I just tried ODIN following this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2301259

It flashed the Factory MDK image succesfully and now it just sits on the Verizon boot-up screen. I think I may be out of luck at this point, but hoping someone can help me. Seems like the NC5 ROM really made the phone go haywire.

EDIT: I can get into the stock recovery, but it just won't boot up...sticks at the Verizon screen

did you reinstall the loki so you can install custom recovery?

CC268

Apr 4, 2011
Cave Creek
THANK YOUUU I got it to work...for some reason I had to flash the ODIN file multple times...also did a factory reset in stock recovery