Galaxy S I9003 General

Search This thread

!n0x

Jan 17, 2012
BCD
Dumb question, but can anyone post up links/ a tutorial to flashing custom and stock ROMs via adb? Terribly needed.

edit: at least CWM recognized the menu button as "OK" :D new discovery -__-

Last edited:

Jterry31

Feb 22, 2012
Mumbai
sumbody please help
my phone is stuck in bootlogo
im not able to restore system files frm cwm
it is showin md5 mismatching....

devilpozo

Feb 20, 2012
Cairo
For Every dev

I ask Every dev to help us to have a good ice cream sandwich rom for i9003

dhiru1602 made a great progress for now

but there are many important things are'nt Existing yet

It's the link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1449649

It will be great if you work together with dhiru1602 in this rom

please please please we need more support from devs

Last edited:

akashsgpgi

Aug 31, 2011
Gurgaon
on stock 2.3.6 roms i have tested and observed this ans someone explain the reason

on all stock i9003 roms we have conservative and cfq as stock gov and io sched

test done on stock(no user apps installed except quadrant advanced 1.16 and no frills) ddkp3,xxkpq,xxkpu with stock cf root of the respective roms

when i keep the governor to conservative (with noop) i get good performance and the usaual lag and the quadrant score for Processor and 2d gives me about 700,963,963 (3 tests done)

with ondemand and noop , there is more lag than conservative , quadrant scores are about 500, 600 ,710

on many samsung galaxy series phone and other devices ondemand is stock governor (but i9003 has stock conservative)
i tested on my stock(rooted) galaxy player 5 usa model and onemand gave much better performance and quadrant scores than conservative (stock gov was ondemand)

also untweaked ondemand is supose to be better than untweaked conservative

so what can be the reason??

thatdefault

Jan 15, 2012
I regret selling my i9003 :( That phone was very good. The only reason I swapped my i9003 for i9000 was gaming and ICS.

Most games run good no big difference real racing 2 lags a lot and MC3 lags if I don't use a bigmem kernel unlike gt i9003 plus browsing is worse 4 hrs on 3g ( 7hrs on i9003 underclocked 600 Mhz) :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4 files KPU firmware http://depositfiles.com/files/4w2ysww9w

APBOOT_I9003XXKPU_CL984714_REV08_user_low_ship.tar.md5
    CODE_I9003XXKPU_CL984714_REV08_user_low_ship.tar.md5
    GT-I9003-CSC-SERKPU.tar.md5
    MODEM_I9003XXKPU_REV_00_CL1108111.tar.md5
    Woah! Samfirmware just tweeted

capturexq.png
    I am slightly disappointed with my i9003. The scrolling lag is horrible on both XXKPQ and DDLF2, but the launchers on DDLF2 are smooth as silk, but on ICS there is absolutely no scrolling lag, but the launchers lag as ****. But the lag is totally different when I game on the device - it's gaming performance is excellent, and I don't see many games that can lag the f*ck out of it (Except ofcourse those extremely graphic heavy games like NOVA3 and GTA3). I despise iOS and Windows Phone, with their smooth-as-silk animations. I know it's not our device's fault, it's software optimization, which Microsoft and Apple do very well. I know the devs are working hard and striving to make this device better, but I don't think i'll see my device being smooth any time soon.. Sometimes makes me wish I didn't get the i9003 at a sale for less than half-price, atleast I would have paid more for a different device and gotten back something worthy in return. But I used my mom's SGS2 and updated it to ICS, its smooth as silk, even runs NOVA3 at full speed without any lag and without any overclock too. Android runs marvellously on high performance devices, but runs **** on lower end ones. I know the i9003 is not as powerful as the i9000, but can this device really be THAT slow? I upgraded my friends Galaxy S to CM7 (it was before there were any ICS builds for Galaxy S) and his device ran like ****. I mean it was ****ing fast and smooth as hell, so why is it that our i9003 can't be as smooth as its older brother? I know the impression you got from reading this post, damn this guy hates his i9003, but I don't hate it, I actually love it infact, the only aspect I hate of it is the smoothness of it, and I think the smoothness of a device is a very important factor to me and a lot of other people:)
    Happppyy Diwali to all my xda members :) :) :) :)

captureru.png
    still a day to day to go bro....but
    Happppyy Diwali !
    I guess this is goodbye.

To the community, i have shifted to the older I9000 due to uncontrollable urges and bid you farewell. I have been seeing that the i9003 is slowly getting to its older brother and I'm sure in the future, the big mods will also find this phone to be as great as the i9000. I would like to thank the developers and personal friends such as skin, trip, misledz, ephraim and everybody else I forgot to mention. This phone will ROCK. I tell you. Again, my thanks to everybody.