[Q] WPA-Enterprise Configuration

Search This thread

imarvind

Feb 7, 2010
Hi

Does anyone know how to import the wireless authentication certificate from Win7 (for a WPA-Enterprise Wifi Nework - most corporate wifi networks), and install it on Android ?

Use case: I have a laptop that connects to my work wifi using a stored certificate and would like my phone to connect to the corporate wifi as well.

Also, the company does not 'officially' support Android phones. Only BB and iPhone allowed.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Hi

Does anyone know how to import the wireless authentication certificate from Win7 (for a WPA-Enterprise Wifi Nework - most corporate wifi networks), and install it on Android ?

Use case: I have a laptop that connects to my work wifi using a stored certificate and would like my phone to connect to the corporate wifi as well.

Also, the company does not 'officially' support Android phones. Only BB and iPhone allowed.

Your IT let you connect BB and Iphones on the Corporate Network?

Look, as an IT administrator I'm going to say this... if your IT department wanted you to connect your Android device to the corporate network, they would provision it for you. If they are not provisioning it for you, you're probably breaking company policy. Even if it were possible, there's no way I'd help you do this.

imarvind

Feb 7, 2010
Your IT let you connect BB and Iphones on the Corporate Network?

Look, as an IT administrator I'm going to say this... if your IT department wanted you to connect your Android device to the corporate network, they would provision it for you. If they are not provisioning it for you, you're probably breaking company policy. Even if it were possible, there's no way I'd help you do this.

I see. Well that's like saying - 'If Samsung wanted you to have KitKat on their older models, they'd provision it for you. I will not help you install kangs'.

Thanks anyway. I'll look elsewhere

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
I see. Well that's like saying - 'If Samsung wanted you to have KitKat on their older models, they'd provision it for you. I will not help you install kangs'.

Not really, no. Installing a Kang is not affecting someone's corporate network, putting it at risk and putting your job at risk and potentially causing massive problems for your IT department.

It's more akin to saying "My company doesn't want me to have a corporate credit card. They've given me the numbers for online purchases but I want to use it in a physical shop. Can you help me print the details to a blank card"

anyway, I said "even if it was possible", meaning in other words "it's not possible"

int-

Dec 11, 2013
Termoli
www.ircsystem.it
Not really, no. Installing a Kang is not affecting someone's corporate network, putting it at risk and putting your job at risk and potentially causing massive problems for your IT department.

It's more akin to saying "My company doesn't want me to have a corporate credit card. They've given me the numbers for online purchases but I want to use it in a physical shop. Can you help me print the details to a blank card"

anyway, I said "even if it was possible", meaning in other words "it's not possible"

I full quote.

Anyway, on serious networks the are always port-security enabled and several checks at access and distributions layers. Say that, @imarvind, even if you can import your certificate, this is does not mean that you can reach connectivity ;)

Last edited: