[Q] Hi can you please explain what is a blacklisted device and what implies?

Search This thread

SiulGM

Jun 13, 2014
Hi all! can you please explain what is a blacklisted device and what implies? :good: I'm curious about it! thank you!

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
Hi all! can you please explain what is a blacklisted device and what implies? :good: I'm curious about it! thank you!
I believe (don't quote me on this and someone else correct me if I'm wrong) that it means the device has been reported as stolen or lost and certain functions may be limited.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Reactions: SiulGM and kschang

SiulGM

Jun 13, 2014
I believe (don't quote me on this and someone else correct me if I'm wrong) that it means the device has been reported as stolen or lost and certain functions may be limited.

Thank you, do you know if it will work using SafeStrap? I had some problems with the display and a no sound on speakers (lots of dead pixels) and amazon allowed me to keep this, but they said she need to deactivate it in order to sync content on the replacement

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Thank you, do you know if it will work using SafeStrap? I had some problems with the display and a no sound on speakers (lots of dead pixels) and amazon allowed me to keep this, but they said she need to deactivate it in order to sync content on the replacement
in that case there's a good chance it won't get updates or connect to the amazon store.

safestrap shouldn't be an issue as its not amazon software.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SiulGM

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
SS

Thank you, I cant get installed safestrap but I just able to install gapps using the Xposed, now is working great and all apps are working great :victory:
safestrap will not work with the chinese binary...you have to roll back too earlier software factory reset to get rid of all chinese applications then reroot with supersu to get a fully functioning safestrap. if it is a black listed unit flash thor gapps and dump amazon all together or at least mostly

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

in that case there's a good chance it won't get updates or connect to the amazon store.

oh yea

Yes a blacklisted unit will update through amazon you just cant register it and use anything else amazon