[Q] Mytouch 3g Slide Screen Issues ? (WARNING : EXTREMELY LARGE PHOTOS)

Search This thread

h3llfire741

Nov 18, 2010
London
So recently my mytouch has been getting worse and worse. I'm not exactly sure if it's me or if it's the stupid phone because it's been degrading over time for some strange reason. First of all, the camera is **** for some reason, this is my second replacement phone from T-Mobile and it's extremely blurry for some reason(apparently it's a common problem but not common enough apparently for the tmobile representatives I've met with have seen before). Secondly, it's been becoming unresponsive at times although i kill my apps after i'm done with them(I probably only have internet, and facebook running most of the time). Third, ever since I've factory reset it, it's become very glitchy for some reason. One of the problems is that I would close the physical keyboard but after sending a text and all of a sudden the screen goes black and the only thing to fix it is to hit the power button and press it again to get it off of sleep. Another problem is after i send a text i close the keyboard and the screen repeats but the location of buttons is still where they're suppose to be on the screen.

Pics of what I'm talking about :
First problem(Camera)
http://i.cubeupload.com/s9YJX1.jpg
Decided to take a picture of me creating the thread if you can even see it lol

Third Problem(Glitchy screen)
http://i.cubeupload.com/ANHZ0t.jpg
As you can see the buttons are on as the phone is on but the screen is black and unresponsive, i realize i can still go to apps while like that somehow but to fix it i just hit the power button which shouldn't be happening though

Fourth(Repeat Screen)
http://i.cubeupload.com/ZLSu8o.jpg
As said before unless you didn't read this happens after i send a message and close the physical keyboard...

And thank you for any suggestions you guys have, help is appreciated, also for taking the time to read the thread :)

Last edited:

xologist

Jun 18, 2009
Jezussss!!!!

Dude.. you dont need pictures, and if you post them.. resize them first.
Make the thread want to be readable, like-able. Ask yourself, would you read this thread?? and with yellow highlights that no one can even see????????

You also need to post if you're phone is stock, what rom you are on, what version..

h3llfire741

Nov 18, 2010
London
Jezussss!!!!

Dude.. you dont need pictures, and if you post them.. resize them first.
Make the thread want to be readable, like-able. Ask yourself, would you read this thread?? and with yellow highlights that no one can even see????????

You also need to post if you're phone is stock, what rom you are on, what version..

Sorry,thought they yellow would highlight it but it actually made it worse . I think the red is better with the whiteish background....

This is a stock version, I updated the phone to 2.2.2 but i factory reset it and now it says i have 2.2.1 even though i have 2.2.2 features like Wifi Hotspot,Wifi Calling, and images for contacts on messages...

xologist

Jun 18, 2009
im not sure, i havent had stock phone in a lonnnggg time..
Hopefully someone else can help you out

agentg1001

Apr 5, 2009
Midlothian, VA
www.facebook.com
So recently my mytouch has been getting worse and worse. I'm not exactly sure if it's me or if it's the stupid phone because it's been degrading over time for some strange reason. First of all, the camera is **** for some reason, this is my second replacement phone from T-Mobile and it's extremely blurry for some reason(apparently it's a common problem but not common enough apparently for the tmobile representatives I've met with have seen before). Secondly, it's been becoming unresponsive at times although i kill my apps after i'm done with them(I probably only have internet, and facebook running most of the time). Third, ever since I've factory reset it, it's become very glitchy for some reason. One of the problems is that I would close the physical keyboard but after sending a text and all of a sudden the screen goes black and the only thing to fix it is to hit the power button and press it again to get it off of sleep. Another problem is after i send a text i close the keyboard and the screen repeats but the location of buttons is still where they're suppose to be on the screen.

First problem(Camera)

As you can see the buttons are on as the phone is on but the screen is black and unresponsive, i realize i can still go to apps while like that somehow but to fix it i just hit the power button which shouldn't be happening though

Fourth(Repeat Screen)
As said before unless you didn't read this happens after i send a message and close the physical keyboard...

And thank you for any suggestions you guys have, help is appreciated, also for taking the time to read the thread :)
This is a hardware problem (the repeating screen) that seems to be happening to many people. (it happened to me before which is why i replaced my previous slide). After my 2yr contract is done, im gonna stop getting phones with keyboards because this also happened to my previous htc slider phones

Reactions: h3llfire741

h3llfire741

Nov 18, 2010
London
This is a hardware problem (the repeating screen) that seems to be happening to many people. (it happened to me before which is why i replaced my previous slide). After my 2yr contract is done, im gonna stop getting phones with keyboards because this also happened to my previous htc slider phones

So it's actually because of the sliding part of the phone ?
I'm not surprised, this phone was pretty cheaply made imo, literally a piece of crap :\

I guess I'm getting the new iphone once it comes out and my 2yr contract is done

queensmosinfamuz

Oct 22, 2011
I have the same issue with my phone

As I was looking at your photos I realized I have the same issue going on with my phone. Does anyone have suggestions on ways to fix it? Personally, I do not believe it is a hardware issue. I do believe it is more of a software issue. That update that HTC offered is definitely screwed up! Ever sine I updated my phone, all of these problems started. This problem did not occur beforehand! My phone was working fine - before this "software update."

joodlovesfood

Jan 28, 2011
Same Problem

I had the same exact problem with the Repeating Screen (and completely agreed about the camera lol). Yesterday I tried demonstrating to my friend the problem, and permanently blacked out my screen. Now, the phone works in the sense that it receives calls, the home keys light up, and the camera still takes pictures. However, with no screen to select any options or perform any functions, the phone has been rendered completely useless. I, too, would like to figure out what the problem is and if there is any possible fix.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help. Just know you're not the only one lol

ludichrisspeed

Oct 14, 2006
My girlfriend had the repeating screen issue back in May/June of this year. It was more than likely a software issue, because it became incrementally worse as the phone opened and closed until it came to a point where absolutely nothing could be done when the phone was moved horizontally.

I had T-mobile replace the phone at the time. Unfortuntely an idiot I work with who was supposed to mail it back didn't, I got stuck with an extra $360 on the bill.

Worked out paying for the phone with them yesterday morning, this morning my girlfriend messages me to let me know the screen is acting up again. :mad:

DIMENSIONAL

Feb 24, 2011
Potential Fix?

I had the same exact problem with the Repeating Screen (and completely agreed about the camera lol). Yesterday I tried demonstrating to my friend the problem, and permanently blacked out my screen. Now, the phone works in the sense that it receives calls, the home keys light up, and the camera still takes pictures. However, with no screen to select any options or perform any functions, the phone has been rendered completely useless. I, too, would like to figure out what the problem is and if there is any possible fix.

I would recommend replacing your flex ribbon. It worked for me, and from other threads I've read, I believe it's the cause of these issues. It's a pretty easy fix ( coming from me, who's far better at breaking electronics than fixing them, lol ).

Here's the flex ribbon that I bought off of Ebay ( it's the cheapest I found and it comes with the tools too ):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170647168235?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

And here's a good video on disassembling your Espresso:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jgFHuVWlig

P.S.: I'd recommend being more delicate than he was with the volume ribbon though, as mine seemed very frail. Also, this video is for replacing the digitizer, so you only need to follow it to get to the flex ribbon.

A month ago, I had issues very similar to the ones you posted. Sliding my keyboard out ( in any way but gently ) would occasionally split the screen or freeze the phone. Even without using my keyboard, the phone would occasionally freeze while "settling" after the boot animation, and sometimes even during the boot animation. Slowly, those "occasionally"s become more and more frequent, until my screen just went black one day. The phone still seemed to work ( lit up when turned on, made sounds, etc. ), just the screen seemed dead. Figured that I was having a combination of software issues ( the random freezes ), and hardware issues ( split & black screen ), but replacing my flex ribbon suprisingly fixed everything. :D

Z

Zpik

probably not, look on ebay for some digitizers, cheapest way to get them...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First problem(Camera)

Fourth(Repeat Screen)