[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

MattDrumz

Oct 25, 2009
Seattle
What is this ICS firmware you're talking about?

It's an updated radio and such for ICS. It has been reported that it increases battery life and smoothness/speed on ICS ROMs.

Here's the link.

You might have to SuperCID to install the firmware, just so you know. And it has also been reported that this firmware works with gingerbread ROMs. Also, this is definitely not required. Just might boost the performance of the ROM a little bit.

Reactions: b3ndik

schoei1

Apr 3, 2010
How do you get to it reliability?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

On first connection, the USB Storage screen automatically pops-up on phone and I make sure I do it in this order after connection:

1) Close phone drive file on pc when done transferring
2) Turn off USB Storage on phone
3) Back out of USB Storage Screen on phoned
4) Wait for SD card to be ready for usage on phone
5) Now unplug connection to pc

If I don't do it in this order, I would get a FC on next try, but it works continually without FC if I do it in that order.

mpmilestogo

Aug 9, 2009
Union City California
Thanks for the Latest Release!

Hi rmk and thanks for the latest release. I flashed this over the beta 4 release after wiping the various caches we always recommend. The Nova Launcher seems rather unstable at times like losing all the dock icons. I open the launcher's preferences and go into Dock settings/preferences and reset the number of icons to get them back. It also seems to crash at various times. Not too often or nothing to make it this less than the perfect daily ROM for me to use!

I really think this latest release is the best so far. Thanks for the work. I'm looking forward to trying the wifi tether tomorrow when I'm out and about.

rawdealer

Mar 17, 2011
District 1
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 7T
If I wan't to download this ROM I have to restore one of my other ROMs (CM7) to get this working. Probably I'm the only one, because I've posted this for three times and no one didn't say a word.

505fef01-bcff-e432.jpg

Sent from my S-OFF'd ultra Sensational phone

segfault82

Jun 4, 2010
can someone test if the amazon kindle app works for them? i'm using 1.4 and i can start the app but whenever i try to open a book it FCs.

aNYthing24

May 25, 2011
NYC
rawdealer, do you mean you cannot download files from sites like multiupload etc? If so, I have no issues with it.

anurbanlegend

Aug 29, 2007
1.4.0 is running nice so far. One question I have, has anybody figured out how to send larger images in MMS. Seems like it's downsizing it to less than 80k where in other ICS roms i've been able to send up to 1mb files (t-mobile). I've tried the xml fix but it doesnt help the quality of the images. Thanks!

rawdealer

Mar 17, 2011
District 1
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 7T

schoei1

Apr 3, 2010
1.4.0 is running nice so far. One question I have, has anybody figured out how to send larger images in MMS. Seems like it's downsizing it to less than 80k where in other ICS roms i've been able to send up to 1mb files (t-mobile). I've tried the xml fix but it doesnt help the quality of the images. Thanks!

I only know how to do this before installation, but there may be another way to change it after installation:

-Unzip the rom and go into /system/customize/MNS
-Right click the default file and click on edit
-Go down to
<item name="MMS_Msg_Size1">100K</item>
<item name="MMS_Msg_Size2">200K</item>
<item name="MMS_Msg_Size2">300K</item>
<item name="MMS_Msg_Size_Choose">300K</item>
-Change the numbers to 300,600,1000 & 1000
-Open File in the top left, save and close
-Re-zip everything, put it on your card and flash

Your default will now be set to 1000k mms when you flash the rom. This should work for any rom, but it has to be done before installation.

ManCityFC

Oct 3, 2010
Can someone tell me if it is possible to copy contacts from the phones Google account to the phones unsynced contact store?

Also, how are people managing to view their Picasa photos on the phone? I have a Google Photos sync option in Accounts and Sync, which is saying it is synced somewhere, but can't see where?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

aNYthing24

May 25, 2011
NYC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Stock kernel, not overclocked.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker
    VI 4.0.2 Goodies by Socali

This post will kept updated with Fixes / Patches / Notes for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

=====

Important Kernel Files Reset for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

SebastianFM Kernel v1.4.1, which is included with VI 4.0.2, comes with Sebastian's own thermald.
    This thermald includes, in my opinion, extremely high temps settings. The problem is that those settings are hard-coded and are not read from the thermald.conf file.
    Other kernels are expecting the default thermald and not this custom one, so they are not overwriting it.

I strongly recommend flashing this before flashing any other kernel. Even in-between flashing different kernels, as different kernels might include other files that need to be replaced/removed.
    This patch will reset kernel related files that exist in the ROM's partition to the original HTC v3.32 default files.
    This does not include an actual kernel - you must flash a kernel after this patch and before rebooting the phone.

Download flashable: kernel-reset-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: e8453ea397855c3ecf42030734831a45

=====

Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 Underclocked to 1.242Mhz for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

(This is the same kernel posted by me before, but in a new package that includes the Kernel Reset Patch, so you can simply download and flash one file.)

This is Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 hexedited by me to underclock it to 1.242Mhz with a safer (or more conservative) thermald.conf file.
    This gives you kernel closest to the original HTC v3.32 one with Sebastian's MultiTouch fix and ZRAM support.
    I prefer keeping the CPU clock at 1.2mhz so that the CPU stays stable and cool and doesn't drain the battery as quickly.
    I hexedited it instead of recompiling so that I stay as close as possible to Sebastian's build.

Note: This kernel will give you lower benchmark scores (about 5700-5800 AnTuTu score on my phone). This is not a bug, it's a feature..

Download flashable: kernel-v1.30.2-uc-1.242mhz-socali.zip
    md5sum: b4f69d3be2ee48994e785160eb57c452

=====

Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
    New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:
    1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
    2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
    3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
    4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
    5) Open one of the following apps:
    AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Please note: 4Ext Touch Recovery is required for installation.

Download flashable: ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: 1f437396becb2f4847d56e04845d4491

=====

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)
    AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

This is my fix to the AOSP Phone included with VI 4.0.0, that enables the mute button during calls.
    This one took a lot of time and research, but I finally got it! :D
    (For those who didn't know, the phone included in the rom does not mute - bug #984 on VI issue tracker)

Download flashable: aosp-phone-mute-fix-vi400-socali.zip
    md5sum: c14b5714b28e42232991c1694b91e526

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)