[MOD] Phantom Voicemail Notification Fix [AOKPM5] 160dpi Support

Search This thread

mang0

Jan 12, 2012
San Diego
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6
I tried that method doe snot work and I still get txt from 9016

You're going to get text messages regardless (unless you use a third party app like Google Voice to take over your voicemail). They are talking about the notification that pops up in your status bar that doesn't go away no matter what you do, and that's what the fixes are for.

EDIT: Even if you download the new Sprint visual voicemail (http://epiccm.blogspot.com/2012/03/customization-guide.html), you're still going to get the txt msg notifications currently.

Last edited:

dgatlin

May 11, 2010
Woodstock, GA
This is a port of this mod for the Epic 4g, and should get rid of that phantom voicemail notification permanently.

Thanks to danipoak for making this mod known to me. :)

It is always a good idea to create a nandroid before flashing just in case something goes wrong. :D

This zip simply replaces the Phone.apk with the modded version.
160 DPI Support for AOKP Milestone 5.2 with Phantom VM Fix
Phantom VM Fix for AOKP Build 31
Just flash in CWM/TWRP

A few issues with 160 dpi:
  1. The long-hold home recents will break, so I recommend installing Search to Recents for MS5.2 I quickly threw together: Search to Recents for Milestone 5.2
    (thanks to bodi524 and MrLuje)
    An alternate fix is to go to Settings > Rom Control > General UI > Long press home action > Show recents and then reboot.
  2. The recents thumbnail is cut off
  3. The power menu breaks - you'll be presented with "Your phone will shut down" instead of options to reboot and so on.. I haven't found a solution for this yet.

For CM9 Beta 1, 2, and AOKP Build 32 there is now a setting to disable the voicemail notification in the Phone app settings as explained here.
If the toggle does not seem to be taking effect try this.

Phantom VM Fix Archive (for outdated versions of ICS)

Is there a fix without the 160dpi...I have an EVO 4g and the 160dpi does not work very well with it...thanks for all you do...

Top Liked Posts