[IDE][3.x] APK Studio - IDE for Reverse Engineering Android APKs

Search This thread

Praetoriani

Feb 10, 2013
Munich
I tried your APK Studio. It looks great and would love to use it. But every time I try to open an APK,
it stopps with the message: "Unexpected error occured when extracting".

I tried it with framework-res.apk, SecLauncher3.apk and SystemUI.apk from Android Stock ROM (4.2.2).

Unfortunately I can't help you to fix that issue. But I hope that there will be soon a working version available.

Dejvid50

Dec 11, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
help!:(

Hi,help please with this :click on the file> open APK> choose apk file> loading loading. & was stopped at the "decompiling com / google / android / gms / internal / h ... waiting 5-10 mins and nothing.

Reactions: skyler13

brosster

Aug 5, 2012
Thanks for sharing this app. After opening the Android binary ("Starting extraction process") I don't know why I get this: "Error: Java is not found".

This is not true, because on my Windows XP I have Java 7 Update 51.

Can you help me to solve this issue? :confused:

Praetoriani

Feb 10, 2013
Munich
Thanks for sharing this app. After opening the Android binary ("Starting extraction process") I don't know why I get this: "Error: Java is not found".

This is not true, because on my Windows XP I have Java 7 Update 51.

Can you help me to solve this issue? :confused:

Maybe Java is not set in your PATH. Just have a look at your Environment variables.

brosster

Aug 5, 2012
Maybe Java is not set in your PATH. Just have a look at your Environment variables.

Thanks Praetoriani, but this doesn't seem to be the reason. I checked the Environment variables and I read this
(sorry I'm not allowed to post images yet)

C:\Programs\JavaFX\javafx-sdk1.2\bin;C:\Programs\JavaFX\javafx-sdk1.2\emulator\bin;

I really don't understand what's happening! :confused:

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Thanks Praetoriani, but this doesn't seem to be the reason. I checked the Environment variables and I read this

C:\Programs\JavaFX\javafx-sdk1.2\bin;C:\Programs\JavaFX\javafx-sdk1.2\emulator\bin;

JavaFX is your web based Java development platform. It does stuff like netbeans and so forth. You need to download the Java JDK. You need to also set JAVA_HOME variable to the root of the SDK folder and you need to have the Java/SDK/bin directory as the only Java reference loaded on your path.

Essentially Windows will load the first Environment reference first and ignore the rest there after, so even if you had JDK bin directory tacked on the end apktool would probably return a fault before Windows would get around to loading the right binaries. What I mean is, leave Java FX installed (you may require if for something else?) and just delete their references from the Windows path and make sure the JAVA JDK is the only referenced or you can if you like make it referenced first and put the JavaFX after it. Essentially Apktool will find the reference for the JDK and then stop looking there after.

Once you have done that then you have to set the Java classpath. Google is your friend for all of the things I have mentioned above.

Enjoy:good:

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Here is the documentation you will need to have a read of to learn about setting up your Java environment successfully.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/windows/jdk-installation-windows.html

Seeing that you are on dying operating system you will need the JavaSE SDK win32 binaries. available here as a direct download:
http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7u51-b13/jdk-7u51-windows-i586.exe

However you need to have clicked and accepted the Oracle TOU's before that link becomes live so go to hear, check the little radio button accept and bobs ya aunty you got Java.....the proper one as well.

Just a word of warning and it is none of my business in anyway but I would suggest that you upgrade Windows 7 or 8 in the coming months. You have a little over a month before all support for Windows XP ceases from Microsoft. That may not come as a concern to you right now, but it will be when you realise that every patch and update that goes out for Windows 7 there after is basically a road map for hackers and virus makers to completely destroy your XP machine!! Combined that with Java and you have the biggest recipe for disaster just waiting to happen.

brosster

Aug 5, 2012
Thanks to Praetoriani and Jarmezrocks your useful information could solve my issue!

The trick was mainly to enter a proper path in the Environment variables. First SDK, then FX (if necessary).
While inserting the SDK path, I discovered to have version 1.6, but not in the first place as suggested.

Also useful were the info to update the Java version and documentation, thanks again to Jarmezrocks, to learn about setting up my Java environment.

Regarding to the Windows XP system I'll think about it. I'm a Mac user and I'm using Windows XP only for few things, such as this to correctly use APK Studio to try to localize some app in my language. :good:

dvaderx

Oct 19, 2010
When i try to rebuild an apk, the status bar goes about half way and then says
unexpected error occurred when rebuilding.

Any idea what the problem may be?

agent_G9

Oct 2, 2012
Mumbai
great work vaibhav bhai.... ?
after reading this thread waiting for the new version... ?

Sent from my GT-S8530 using Tapatalk

Chintan Vadhadiya

Mar 27, 2014
Not Working App After Editing

I have a Application, I just Want to Change the String in Source, and want to add Toast after Adding and Rebulding, App Remain same as Original But the Layout will be Done..

Please Help me...

Bouziane_Dr

Dec 2, 2013
Help

Morning,
Great work, very useful for decompilation, compilation and signed application with little size (<200ko).
I have an PC for gamer.(i5, processor very strong, early mother card MSI, ...)
I don't decompile settings.apk. The decompilation stops at google/com/.../a/a....
Why?

Last edited:

Alaa Elrifaie

Mar 27, 2014
Great tool!

I've never tried to get into Android "reverse-engineering" because of the crappy cmd-thing. I face it everyday in Linux, so I didn't want to bother myself with again :D

Your tool is so amazing, it enables us [ GUI lovers ] to finally see some good code snippets! :cool:
Keep it up!

As some people mentioned earlier, the application actually makes crappy-old-computers lag and freeze.
But it's ok since it's targeting the ".Net Framework". << All my apps do the same :rolleyes:

And another thing, you could rewrite this tool using Qt, dunno why, but I really detest Java!

fnice

Aug 25, 2012
I've never tried to get into Android "reverse-engineering" because of the crappy cmd-thing. I face it everyday in Linux, so I didn't want to bother myself with again :D

Your tool is so amazing, it enables us [ GUI lovers ] to finally see some good code snippets! :cool:
Keep it up!

As some people mentioned earlier, the application actually makes crappy-old-computers lag and freeze.
But it's ok since it's targeting the ".Net Framework". << All my apps do the same :rolleyes:

And another thing, you could rewrite this tool using Qt, dunno why, but I really detest Java!

vaibhavpandeylive:
Awesome tool, any chance for source? would like to add some more options ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [IDE][5.x] APK Studio - IDE for Reverse Engineering Android APKs

APK Studio is a cross-platform IDE for reverse-engineering (decompiling/editing) & recompiling of android application binaries within a single user-interface. It features a friendly IDE like layout, with a code editor which support syntax highlighting for Android SMALI (*.smali) code files.

screenshot.png

Details & Download:
    Github

Links:
    Homepage
    Download
    Source
    Issue Tracker
    Thanks man!

This is a great TOOL! I tried this out and it works great. I didnt experience any LAG what so ever... Love the features! Been looking for a apktool like this forever. Cant stand typing all the freaking cmds... NICE JOB!!!! and for the negative feed back about the lag..... I think its your lame computer thats lagging not the app:good:

Actually you know what, I's waiting for such response! :D

JavaFX is your web based Java development platform. It does stuff like netbeans and so forth. You need to download the Java JDK. You need to also set JAVA_HOME variable to the root of the SDK folder and you need to have the Java/SDK/bin directory as the only Java reference loaded on your path.

Essentially Windows will load the first Environment reference first and ignore the rest there after, so even if you had JDK bin directory tacked on the end apktool would probably return a fault before Windows would get around to loading the right binaries. What I mean is, leave Java FX installed (you may require if for something else?) and just delete their references from the Windows path and make sure the JAVA JDK is the only referenced or you can if you like make it referenced first and put the JavaFX after it. Essentially Apktool will find the reference for the JDK and then stop looking there after.

Once you have done that then you have to set the Java classpath. Google is your friend for all of the things I have mentioned above.

Enjoy:good:

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Here is the documentation you will need to have a read of to learn about setting up your Java environment successfully.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/windows/jdk-installation-windows.html

Seeing that you are on dying operating system you will need the JavaSE SDK win32 binaries. available here as a direct download:
    http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7u51-b13/jdk-7u51-windows-i586.exe

However you need to have clicked and accepted the Oracle TOU's before that link becomes live so go to hear, check the little radio button accept and bobs ya aunty you got Java.....the proper one as well.

Just a word of warning and it is none of my business in anyway but I would suggest that you upgrade Windows 7 or 8 in the coming months. You have a little over a month before all support for Windows XP ceases from Microsoft. That may not come as a concern to you right now, but it will be when you realise that every patch and update that goes out for Windows 7 there after is basically a road map for hackers and virus makers to completely destroy your XP machine!! Combined that with Java and you have the biggest recipe for disaster just waiting to happen.
    Please brief about the problem?

Great one http://xdaforums.com/images/smilies/good.gif
    but it lags during compiling
    any help ??

Can you provide me with some sort of brief with what you meant with "it lags during compiling"?
    Did it recompile or not?
    What you were recompiling (if that ain't confidential)?

That would help me recreating the issue so that I can check with it & fix the issue when I get back at home!

Lastly, thanks for your feedback! :cyclops:
    THANK YOU

This is a great TOOL! I tried this out and it works great. I didnt experience any LAG what so ever... Love the features! Been looking for a apktool like this forever. Cant stand typing all the freaking cmds... NICE JOB!!!! and for the negative feed back about the lag..... I think its your lame computer thats lagging not the app:good: