[Q] Bluetooth interference with wifi 4.4.2

Search This thread

cozzysa

Apr 15, 2011
Hello xda community,

I recently purchased a bluetooth mouse to connect to my nexus 4's slimport TV setup I have going.

The issue that I discovered is that while my bluetooth mouse is connected, my wifi is very laggy. I searched the net and found out this is a common issue with kit kat and our beloved phone, but was supposed to be fixed in the latest version 4.4.2.

What was also suggested is that to change my wifi band to 5ghz, unfortunately that isn't an option as my wifi router only supports 2.4ghz.
My nexus is currently rooted and I'm using Dirty Unicorns v7 4.4.2 rom.

My question to you guys/gals is what rom are you using, with bluetooth and wifi 2.4ghz with no interference. Because that seems like my only solution and I don't just blindly want to flash every rom available.

Thanks in advance!

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
LineageOS
Hello xda community,

I recently purchased a bluetooth mouse to connect to my nexus 4's slimport TV setup I have going.

The issue that I discovered is that while my bluetooth mouse is connected, my wifi is very laggy. I searched the net and found out this is a common issue with kit kat and our beloved phone, but was supposed to be fixed in the latest version 4.4.2.

What was also suggested is that to change my wifi band to 5ghz, unfortunately that isn't an option as my wifi router only supports 2.4ghz.
My nexus is currently rooted and I'm using Dirty Unicorns v7 4.4.2 rom.

My question to you guys/gals is what rom are you using, with bluetooth and wifi 2.4ghz with no interference. Because that seems like my only solution and I don't just blindly want to flash every rom available.

Thanks in advance!
You might want to change to a different frequency in your router to see whether that helps. Also in your phone, select 2.4Ghz in Settings for wifi

cozzysa

Apr 15, 2011
thanks for the reply, but I've tried changing channels on my router wit no difference.

cozzysa

Apr 15, 2011
So much for 4.4.3 fixing the issue... So disappointed in this phone right now...

I'll probably be getting the oneplus one. Can't be bothered with this crap anymore