[Q] Phone on 4.4.2 won't work properly until 2 minutes after boot

Search This thread

Dabreaker9

Sep 28, 2013
Hi, going to make it short:

Whenever I start my phone, it takes 2 minutes for sound, wifi, widgets and whatnot to properly work. This only happened after I updated to KitKat (OTA). What could be wrong?
It's not that big of a problem, but it's weird how updating caused it.

If it matters, I had the leaked 4.4.2 ROM for AT&T and used ted77usa's 4.3 ROM so I could update to the official 4.4.2. (thanks, ted!)

Last edited:

wd4oay

Oct 22, 2011
long time to boot

Whenever I start my phone, it takes 2 minutes for sound, wifi, widgets and whatnot to properly work. This only happened after I updated to KitKat (OTA). What could be wrong?

If it matters, I had the leaked 4.4.2 ROM for AT&T and used ted77usa's 4.3 ROM so I could update to the official 4.4.2. (thanks, ted!)

If you have an external SD card installed it seems to take longer to boot initially in order to read the card for some reason. As long as it becomes normal after about two minutes, it should be ok. I've rarely had to reboot since installing the official kitkat update.

Reactions: Dabreaker9

Dabreaker9

Sep 28, 2013
If you have an external SD card installed it seems to take longer to boot initially in order to read the card for some reason. As long as it becomes normal after about two minutes, it should be ok. I've rarely had to reboot since installing the official kitkat update.

That's really weird. Hope that gets patched soon...

Thanks

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
I am running Danvh's kitkat rom with a sd card and I can make a call right after the phone comes off the boot screen. I would try booting it without the sd card and see if that makes a difference....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    long time to boot