[Q] How Can I flash an Official European Rom on my Desire S???

Search This thread

Dodolom

Apr 26, 2010
Cleveland
If the folders empty it means youve closed the installer!
Dont close the installer or it will delete all installation files included the rom.
Besides theres no guarantee that this will work tho?
Try empting your temp folder.

Ok, I just started running the ruu.exe and it did create the rom.zip. I haven't ran the ruu.exe completely yet, you will see where I am at from the image below. So, should i get the rom.zip and rename it at this stage?

SP32-20110502-182942.jpg

Dodolom

Apr 26, 2010
Cleveland
Yes. Thats what i have been saying lol...

There must have been a misunderstanding because I was under the impression that the goldcard process was going to create this rom.zip file.

Anyways, I copied the rom.zip into the SDcard and re-named it. Booted into hboot. During the Checking SDcard part, it did recognize the renamed .zip file, it said loading and then did some other stuff. Then I re-booted but everything is the same.

Did I do anything wrong or it just didn't work?

PTKDev

Apr 1, 2009
Rome
ptk.dev
There must have been a misunderstanding because I was under the impression that the goldcard process was going to create this rom.zip file.

Anyways, I copied the rom.zip into the SDcard and re-named it. Booted into hboot. During the Checking SDcard part, it did recognize the renamed .zip file, it said loading and then did some other stuff. Then I re-booted but everything is the same.

Did I do anything wrong or it just didn't work?

+1 i have this problem... Bad gold card?

LOG:
1) SD Checking.... Loading... [PG88DIAG.zip]

2) Checking... [PG88DIAG.zip]

3) SD Checking...
Loading...[PG88DIAG.zip]
No image or wrong image!

Last edited:

PTKDev

Apr 1, 2009
Rome
ptk.dev
Ehy friend!
I call to HTC SUPPORT for change language and this is response
«Download from android market "MORE LOCALE2" for change phone language to WWE language»

WORK!!!

sonikz

Dec 12, 2006
Gloucester
What I did is called the file PG88.zip and just booted to hboot. It goes through the initial check and then asked if I wanted to update. I had to do it twice cos it updated the radio first, then just seemed to stop. Next time round it skips the radio, all the other updates complete, it'll ask to reboot, will take about 5 mins to work it out and you'll be at the setup screen. Any probs pm me and I'll try and help.

Sent from my HTC Desire S (S-ON) using XDA App

Feb 14, 2007
i renamed the rom.zip to PG88IMG.zip. Put it on root of the SD Card and started the phone in to bootloader.
The bootloader loads the file and stop the setup after a while with the message that the rom is older then the one that is allredy installed.

i have a O2 branded ROM with the Version of RUU_Saga_O2_UK_1.31.206.1_Radio_20.28b.30.0805U_38 .03.02.14_M_release.
And the unbranded HTC Version is older RUU_Saga_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.1_Radio_20.28b.30.080 5U_38.03.02.11_M_release.

This means for me that a debranding with a GOLDCard is not possible due to the reason of the old release from HTC.

Does anyone know if there is a newer version of the HTC Rom?

markatmgpc

Dec 17, 2006
St Mabyn
Just tried with the Orange UK rom on my unbranded (I would like the UMA app working)

Renamed to PG88IMG.zip, found the image and then loaded and checked, got CID error, same as when running RUU.

Used the Goldcard creation from the modaco thread. Going to need to find a way of S-OFF, in Cornwall anyone??

Dodolom

Apr 26, 2010
Cleveland
Yep, I just tried the unbranded european rom on my unbranded Indian version Desire S ,with renaming the rom.zip into PG88IMG.zip and got the CID error as well. This is not working obviously.

sonikz

Dec 12, 2006
Gloucester
I would suggest that it is an issue with your goldcard.... use the memory card that came with the phone. Install Goldcard helper from market, use the CID for MMC2 as Android SDK never reports the right one for me. This number has already been reversed, so create the goldcard img on http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard then using Gold Card Tool flash your img file to your phones SD card via the phones USB cable.... should be job done. While the cable is connected copy the PG88img.zip to the root directory of the SD card. Turn off fast boot, power off, power on with Vol Down and wait for progress.

Reactions: markatmgpc

markatmgpc

Dec 17, 2006
St Mabyn
That's done it, I didn't get that the goldcard relates to the actual micro SD you use, thought the code was from the phone.

Updating now to the Orange UK so I will soon have UMA, Thanks for the advice.

Dodolom

Apr 26, 2010
Cleveland
I would suggest that it is an issue with your goldcard.... use the memory card that came with the phone. Install Goldcard helper from market, use the CID for MMC2 as Android SDK never reports the right one for me. This number has already been reversed, so create the goldcard img on http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard then using Gold Card Tool flash your img file to your phones SD card via the phones USB cable.... should be job done. While the cable is connected copy the PG88img.zip to the root directory of the SD card. Turn off fast boot, power off, power on with Vol Down and wait for progress.

Hey Sonikz,

Followed every step but still getting an error. I PMd you about it. I will definitely need your PG88 zip file.

Btw, everyone is calling this zip file differently, someone mentioned before that it should be named PG88DIAG.zip , someone said PG88IMG.zip,does it matter which one it is?

So, I copied the Reverse CID from MMC2 using the GoldCard Helper and created my goldcard.img. When I go on the GoldCard Tool, instead of hitting Get CID , I just paste my Reverse CID that I copied earlier but I am not sure if I have to choose MMC1 or MMC0. I don't know which one I chose and I don't know if it even makes a difference but I thought I should mention it here.

sonikz

Dec 12, 2006
Gloucester
In Gold Card Tool you don't need to worry about the ADB Tools section as long as you have used the MMC2 from Goldcard Helper on the Image generator. Just load GoldCard.img (that would have been emailed to you from the website) and select the appropriate drive then click Patch MMC. I will get the file uploaded shortly and PM you back. The file should be called pg88img.zip just to set the record straight.

Dodolom

Apr 26, 2010
Cleveland
In Gold Card Tool you don't need to worry about the ADB Tools section as long as you have used the MMC2 from Goldcard Helper on the Image generator. Just load GoldCard.img (that would have been emailed to you from the website) and select the appropriate drive then click Patch MMC. I will get the file uploaded shortly and PM you back. The file should be called pg88img.zip just to set the record straight.

Well, i will be waiting for the pg88img.zip file then.

The error I am getting is MAIN VERSION IS OLDER, Update Fail, Press Power to Reboot.

Thanks Sonikz

sonikz

Dec 12, 2006
Gloucester
Ohkay then, that is a different problem all together. Basically what the new issue is, is that the vanilla rom you are trying to flash is an older version than what has come pre-loaded on your phone, I can also confirm this problem as I upgraded tried an upgrade to 1.32.161.1 (Vodafone UK) as I was having problems with MMS and GPRS settings and also cannot roll back. Currently the most up to date vanilla rom is 1.28.401.1 so the reported version number would need to be artificially rolled back. I have been looking into how to change this back and I am stuffed at the mo. I mean potentially the version number could be changed with root, but I am only learning about it all now... If I can find something that may help I will let you know. I feel bad that I can't help any further at the mo but its looking more towards root or temp root to change the reported version number in this instance.

Dodolom

Apr 26, 2010
Cleveland
Well, I am on 1.31.720.2 which is from India I think. I don't even know what difference it will make when I change to a different ROM.

sonikz

Dec 12, 2006
Gloucester
1.31.720.2 could be any rom really, is there any branding on the phone when it turns on etc? Also to change to a european rom say a TMO or Orange etc will allow the phone to be setup for the particular network easier and change the default apps that are installed. Possibly with a change of radio it may modify how signal is recieved, bands and strengths etc. Oh and the base language changes too.... Given your location (The US) I would guess that even flashing the Euro TMO rom although giving you more T-Mobile tools it wouldn't help due to it being Euro apps posssibly. I mean with the Vodafone Rom it install all kindsa apps which may or may not appear on the menu if you change the country you've set it to, they also don't come with US English dictionaries, which wouldnt be a big issue. I suppose its back to the drawing board for a little bit....

Dodolom

Apr 26, 2010
Cleveland
1.31.720.2 could be any rom really, is there any branding on the phone when it turns on etc? Also to change to a european rom say a TMO or Orange etc will allow the phone to be setup for the particular network easier and change the default apps that are installed. Possibly with a change of radio it may modify how signal is recieved, bands and strengths etc. Oh and the base language changes too.... Given your location (The US) I would guess that even flashing the Euro TMO rom although giving you more T-Mobile tools it wouldn't help due to it being Euro apps posssibly. I mean with the Vodafone Rom it install all kindsa apps which may or may not appear on the menu if you change the country you've set it to, they also don't come with US English dictionaries, which wouldnt be a big issue. I suppose its back to the drawering board for a little bit....

Well, the reason I said it's an Indian ROM is because I contacted HTC UK for a battery cover problem and gave them the IMEI#, they said this is a device from India. There is no branding, this is an unbranded Unlocked device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    successfully downgraded from 1.31 to 1.28 with goldcard and psneuter, used this tutorial for the DHD, instead of
    ./misc_version -s 1.31.405.6
    i have used
    ./misc_version -s 1.27.405.6