[ROOT] [Kitkat] [JellyBean] [Gionee] [S5.5] Easiest way to Root GIONEE ELIFE S5.5

Search This thread

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
This is the simplest and the easiest way to root GIONEE ELIFE s5.5 World's Slimmest Smartphone

Pre-Requisites​

1. Gionee Elife s5.5 Smartphone
2. A USB Cable
3. DRIVERS
4. ROOTGENIUS

Steps to ROOT :​

1. Install the DRIVERS given above.
2. Enable USB DEBUGGING ( Settings --> Developer Options --> USB DEBUGGING )
3. Connect USB with phone and PC
4. Run ROOTGENIUS
5. Click I accept and ROOT
6. On ELIFE S5.5 choose I AUTHORIZE
7. Wait for few minutes and VOILA DONE !!!!!!

NOTE : THIS TUTORIAL IS ONLY FOR ROOTING.
ROOTING WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY FOR SURE.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE.
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.​

Special thanks to : xlnzee for pointing me towards the MTK DRIVERS

NOTE : ON JELLYBEAN IT WORKS SOMETIMES and SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T WORKS​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROOT KITKAT 4.4.2

Just download the zip file and extract it into a folder.

After that make sure you install the drivers before you start rooting your phone.

NOTE: this tool is based on Chinese, so you need to do according

1. Connect your phone with usb debugging on.
2. Click the root tool.
3. Connect the phone with PC, it will check automatically, may take 1-2 mins. After checking, it will shows the root information here, if your phone is unrooted it will show a green button with Root on it just click on that and it will start automatically.
Please note: your phone will be restarted at least one time. Please do not operate.
4. After finishing it will show you phone is rooted Successfully. And the Superuser has been installed on your phone already.(which is vRoot)

Good luck. Don’t try this if you don’t know what you are doing.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-20-16-33-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-20-16-33-23.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 1,887
  • Screenshot_2014-06-20-16-33-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-20-16-33-35.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,805
  • Screenshot_2014-06-20-16-35-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-20-16-35-59.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 1,849
  • Screenshot_2014-06-20-16-38-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-20-16-38-11.png
    171.6 KB · Views: 1,645
Last edited:
Reactions: XPAction

Fireskates

Jan 12, 2014
Hey, does this method work on the Indian version?

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Hey, I tried rooting, but it says "Such a tough phone" and root failed... What am I doing wrong? I followed all the steps...

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
Hey, does this method work on the Indian version?

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Hey, I tried rooting, but it says "Such a tough phone" and root failed... What am I doing wrong? I followed all the steps...

Yes ! It works on Indian version as for now it is only tested on INDIAN VERSION of S5.5

Did you authorised the permission while it was at 14%-21%??

it ask for authorization

Sent from my S5.5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fireskates

Jan 12, 2014
Yes... It asked if I wanted to install Root Genius and Google does not recommend it etc etc... It asked for permission about 4-5 times... Then the phone restarted... But it still says "Such a tough phone"... Help me bro! Afterwards I retried rooting it... It did not ask for any permission, simply restarted, and failed again...

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
Yes... It asked if I wanted to install Root Genius and Google does not recommend it etc etc... It asked for permission about 4-5 times... Then the phone restarted... But it still says "Such a tough phone"... Help me bro! Afterwards I retried rooting it... It did not ask for any permission, simply restarted, and failed again...

:confused: I am confused

for the first time I was not able to make my phone detected by ROOT GENIUS

Then in the first try it rooted
Did you updated your Indian s5.5 to the 100 mb update that was given OTA ?

Try again once and this time keep the screen on and see what happens on the screen

Fireskates

Jan 12, 2014
No progress

Yes I have updated it via OTA. I connected the phone with USB debugging enabled, started Root genius, and clicked on root. At 27% it asked for permission on my phone for installing Root Genius, I checked "I understand..." and clicked Install Anyway, this happened 4 times, and I gave it permission every time. The phone rebooted, but rooting failed.
BTW : I tried tethering it for internet via PDAnet+, but it failed saying that drivers are not installed properly. You can see in the screenshot that GIONEE S5.5 driver is not installed. Is that the problem? If so, how to solve it?
P.S. I also tried Kingo Root, but it does not even detect the phone! :(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
Can anybody please confirm if this method is working for them?

It worked on the very first time in my s5.5 but i remember me thing before rooting it this way i did factory reset of my phone

try this if it works for you

adb is not the issue because the root genius is detecting the phone it means drivers are fine

ultraman982

Jul 24, 2008
So the Indian Gionee S5.5 just had KitKat Released for it....unfortunately, I don't see the update on my Chinese S5.5.

Has anyone got this update? Could anyone potentially upload a ROM for it somewhere? =p

Fireskates

Jan 12, 2014
No luck

It worked on the very first time in my s5.5 but i remember me thing before rooting it this way i did factory reset of my phone

try this if it works for you

adb is not the issue because the root genius is detecting the phone it means drivers are fine

Nope... even after factory resetting the phone, it is unable to root the phone... :( :crying:

ajeteja

Jun 11, 2012
parchur
www.geekened.com
How to root it after the android kitkat update

This is the simplest and the easiest way to root GIONEE ELIFE s5.5 World's Slimmest Smartphone

Pre-Requisites​

2. A USB Cable
3. DRIVERS
4. ROOTGENIUS

4. Run ROOTGENIUS

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

This method is not working after the recent android 4.4 update. Any new methods :)

StanleyD

Dec 8, 2011

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
Are you also working on any custom roms or custom kernels?

The battery life is very poor on this device. if we can get a custom kernel that can help us underclock the processor, that will make life awesome!!

Custom roms based on stock amigo 4.4.2 is possible but a custom rom and custom kernel like cyanogenmod pacman and others are not possible because there are no KERNEL SOURCE CODE for s5.5

poran123

Aug 12, 2012
Shillong
Custom roms based on stock amigo 4.4.2 is possible but a custom rom and custom kernel like cyanogenmod pacman and others are not possible because there are no KERNEL SOURCE CODE for s5.5

guys.. need your help.. i have gionee elife s5.5 and i'm not able to play asphalt 8, Modern combat 4 is working perfectly..
if i open asphalt 8 after the gameloft logo it close automatically

StanleyD

Dec 8, 2011
Finally Rooted..!!

I had a very strange experience. I was able to root my phone (Kitkat) by using VRoot, but after a few days it unrooted by itself. Every time i restart my phone, i used to get a message that "Vroot has stopped working." I tried rooting it again with VRoot, but no success. I tried most of the one-click root software, but none of them worked.

Finally, i followed the steps outlined by Mahesh90901, made some variations to it and installed CWM recovery. And yes, after that i rooted my phone..:victory:

I haven't created a detailed step list for the process, but if you guys require it i will surely post it here.:good:

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Rooted the device also installed CWM on it gonna post the procedure soon.Join this group if you own a s5.5 and stay tuned for updates https://www.facebook.com/groups/401584916647439/

Hey there,

I guess you should post the links for your blog here so that users can follow the steps. I have subscribed to your Facebook page.

Cheers!!

notbatman

Sep 12, 2016
Hi Guys..I am currently using Gionee S5.5 and i am no position to afford a new device.
this device literally sucks right now. with poor battery life and low storage.
can anyone plz help me out. i want to root my device and install cyanogenmod
Thanks in advance :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted

Rooted the device also installed CWM on it gonna post the procedure soon.Join this group if you own a s5.5 and stay tuned for updates https://www.facebook.com/groups/401584916647439/

Pre-Requisites​

2. A USB Cable
    3. DRIVERS
    4. ROOTGENIUS

4. Run ROOTGENIUS

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.​

NOTE : ON JELLYBEAN IT WORKS SOMETIMES and SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T WORKS​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROOT KITKAT 4.4.2

Just download the zip file and extract it into a folder.

After that make sure you install the drivers before you start rooting your phone.

NOTE: this tool is based on Chinese, so you need to do according

1. Connect your phone with usb debugging on.
    2. Click the root tool.
    3. Connect the phone with PC, it will check automatically, may take 1-2 mins. After checking, it will shows the root information here, if your phone is unrooted it will show a green button with Root on it just click on that and it will start automatically.
    Please note: your phone will be restarted at least one time. Please do not operate.
    4. After finishing it will show you phone is rooted Successfully. And the Superuser has been installed on your phone already.(which is vRoot)

Good luck. Don’t try this if you don’t know what you are doing.

DOWNLOAD LINK