[Q] Cant go back to stock by any means

Search This thread

Yoso14

Apr 24, 2011
Hello everyone,

So ive been lurking on these forums for some time now looking for a solution for the mess I just created, but its been so long now that I want to ask if anyone can help me out now.

The situation is I bought a LG G2 AT&T, and then proceeded to root, recovery and everything was flawless, but I tried to install another ROM and this is went everything went to hell (Im from Mexico). It went all black and with the "Fastboot mode activated" and stuff so I went an put it on download mode and tried by all possible ways, the LG Flash Tool and the LG Flash tool 2014, both ways do not seem to bring back my phone to life.

Whenever I try to install it like this, I get this error with the D800AT FW. I get this error.

And whenever I try to install with D802 FW. I get this one as well.

When I try with the Lg Flash Tool 2014 method. I cant get it to 100%, I always get stuck on 99% And then it crashes.

I am really running out of options here, the phone is recognized by the PC, but I cant get to install a normal working stock ROM.
Any pointers, or help, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

EDIT:

Apparently, I cant post images just yet to show you the exact error. But for the first 2 errors, I get something like this.

"DOWNLOAD FAIL! Check phone or DLL" both for D800 and D802

Last edited:

TexasRules777

Jun 13, 2010
Austin,TX
If you have twrp as your recovery you can adb sideload a rom onto your device from your computer. Google how to sideload adb with trwp installed and follow the instructions. If your phone is recognized it should be fine.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Free mobile app

Yoso14

Apr 24, 2011
If you have twrp as your recovery you can adb sideload a rom onto your device from your computer. Google how to sideload adb with trwp installed and follow the instructions. If your phone is recognized it should be fine.

First of all, thank you for your response.

Now, it is still recognized, but I tried to flash it with some DLL a guy provided on this one thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663369) and it didnt complete, it just froze on 94% and now I cant get to Download mode.

I saw about the adb sideload, but I cant seem to access to Recovery now. Tried to, but all I get is some kind of bootloop just showing the LG and android with the open belly and then back to LG.

TexasRules777

Jun 13, 2010
Austin,TX
First of all, thank you for your response.

Now, it is still recognized, but I tried to flash it with some DLL a guy provided on this one thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663369) and it didnt complete, it just froze on 94% and now I cant get to Download mode.

I saw about the adb sideload, but I cant seem to access to Recovery now. Tried to, but all I get is some kind of bootloop just showing the LG and android with the open belly and then back to LG.

So the three finger method only gets you the android with the belly up? Is your phone still recognized? I'm on Verizon but i think with other phones it's the same process. If you have no recovery you need to tot back to stock. I've only done it once but it did work. This is what i used to fix my problem when adb didn't work. Lots to read but it does work and people will answer if you have a problem http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2797190.. Good luck man.

Last edited:

Yoso14

Apr 24, 2011
So the three finger method only gets you the android with the belly up? Is your phone still recognized? I'm on Verizon but i think with other phones it's the same process. If you have no recovery you need to tot back to stock. I've only done it once but it did work.

If I try to enter Recovery I enter the stock one and just asks for a Factory Reset... I can not enter download mode now, I get fastboot mode only when I try download mode. Phone is recognized by computer when I connect it, but when I try to enter Download, it does show the device on device manager, but it sounds weird and I cant do anything.

Im really starting to lose it.

TexasRules777

Jun 13, 2010
Austin,TX
If I try to enter Recovery I enter the stock one and just asks for a Factory Reset... I can not enter download mode now, I get fastboot mode only when I try download mode. Phone is recognized by computer when I connect it, but when I try to enter Download, it does show the device on device manager, but it sounds weird and I cant do anything.

Im really starting to lose it.

If you see hit enter for factory reset (white screen) hit yes. It will enter the recovery. Twrp in this case. If the above program doesn't work but you can get into twrp download a full stock att rom... Download koush's universal drivers (google it) and watch this video at 4:20 he explains in english perfectly how to side load a rom. ADB Sideload - Flashing Zips with TWRP & PC (Expl…: http://youtu.be/YP1LVOKgwQM.. Fingers crossed man.

Last edited: