[APP][2.2+]Floating Texts - A simple way to text - NEW

Search This thread

drjamit

Wonderful

EXACTLY what i was looking for. Handcent and Go are now Bloatwares and Secondly i have a Dual Sim Galaxy S4 mini so these SMS apps are deficient in selecting which sim to use for reply. I wanted a Simple Pop up Notification system so that i dont have to go in Main app. This is truly fantastic. Thanks a lot.

eddy0090

May 3, 2012
LIke the concept but it pops up even while you are in the messaging app and receive a message from the contact you are currently viewing.
Anyway to not show pop up if that contact is open?

nsordk

Dec 19, 2011
Odense
Thumbs up for the app, the only thing holding me back is your styling. +1 to Holo theme

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zinconnu

Jun 12, 2008
Excellent app! But :
  • I can't see the entire sms if it is long
  • It could be better with another theme
  • The SMS is not marked as read after reply
Works fine on my HTC Desire, Android 4.0.4 (AOKP ROM).

Reactions: yellowdie

mutantblack

Sep 22, 2006
Tornados City
What zinconnu said ^
I am using it and so far pretty good. Holo theme or adjustable transparency would be nice. SMS marked as read really should be there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Weedboy007

Oct 24, 2013
integration with other messaging apps

can i integrate this app with other messaging apps like hangouts or bbm.

yellowdie

May 25, 2011
Orlando, FL
about.me
App looks great, thanks! I like the input that others gave, and I'm glad to see that you responded well to the feedback. I see that the version on Play is v3, but the apk attached to the thread is v2. Can we get the updated apk?

Also, people have mentioned integration, but no one said Google Voice. Is that on your radar to integrate with? Thanks again! :D

Jaytronics

Suggestion for a feature. You kjow how there are multi tasking apps that allow you to swipe from a spot on the screen thatvis either designated or picked by the user? I suggest that you add in an option to allow the user to swipe an area of the screen that they designate so that this floating text app can be brought up at will instead of waiting for some one to text us. And offer the ability to chose a person to start a text convorsation with. That would bring this app closer to fully featured. Also maybe ofder the ability to allow Google hangouts to join in the party here. This would be something along the lines of I dont know, awesome!! Even if you do not implement any of these requested features. This is an awesome app. Great job.

It is not a "Smart Phone" It is a phone that is capable of being used by smart people. Also a phone capable of beig used by dumb people. So, as it has alwys been. It is just a phone.

B1663R

Jul 21, 2012
Nice App

Nice Work really like the idea!

My only suggestion is to allow the floating text area to be dynamic for anything over two lines to be seen at one time without so much scrolling. Might defeat the minimalist approach though.

Last edited:

davexd97

Jun 16, 2013
Nice app you made , it´s usefull and the holo themes was the only thing missing , only have one suggestion , please add delivery reports, i activated delivery reports on the sms app but when i answer trought the floating text it doesnt send the delivery request even if i have that checked on the sms app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:

Floating Texts is an app that lets you keep up with your SMS messages without having to stop what you are doing. You can continue your work and Floating Texts will display a popup with text messages on top of your applications so you can multi-task. If you choose to reply, you can reply within the popup and get back to your work!

Features:

- Display text messages on top of all apps
    - Reply to texts instantly
    - Swipe through multiple text messages
    - Real-time updating texts
    - Display text message after unlocking
    - Turn on/off SMS popup
    - Customize the popup duration
    - Customize the popup color
    - More!

Video Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMzDuwVWEzw

Link to Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.floats.floatingtexts

If Play store isn't available in your country, the apk is attached in this thread!

This is my first time making an app. Let me know how it is!
    Description:

Floating Texts is an app that lets you keep up with your SMS messages without having to stop what you are doing. You can continue your work and Floating Texts will display a popup with text messages on top of your applications so you can multi-task. If you choose to reply, you can reply within the popup and get back to your work!

Features:

- Turn on/off SMS popup
    - More!

Video Promo:

Link to Play Store:

If Play store isn't available in your country, the apk is attached in this thread!

This is really nice dude!

A few recommendations:

1. Stick to the standard Android UI, that is, Holo.
    2. Mark the SMS as read if the user replies to it.
    Nifty Little App!

I have used this app and it runs perfect and smooth. No issues here. I did managed to click on the Play Store link and I saw the icon you where using and well... I decided to make you a new one. If you like it then hurray :laugh: if you dont then its fine :p

New Icon:

Let me know if you like the Red

If NOT i can make modifications to it.

10313731063_284262a93b.jpg
    Description:

Features:

- Turn on/off SMS popup
    - More!

Video Promo:

Link to Play Store:

Sir, i have tested your app and many things to be mentioned here
    Firstly the floating window doesnt show complete message and also doesnt not allow us to scroll message down to read more so how can we reply back without reading complete message.......
    secondly the window sticks at upper side of the screen only please make it movable to other screen area if its possible.....and also make it more color full :D

ok now some information for your help......if you have ever checked CM for xperia devices they have created their own messaging app which is installed when we install CM that messaging app is called Mms.apk and this app is the most customisable and full of features messging app created to date in the history of android....in that app their is a option of pop up message (like your's idea) kindly check that you will come to know what i want to say.....you will get alot of things in that...you can even reply without unlocking screen...

BTW nice effort...... :thumbsup:
    Anyone try this on TouchWiz yet, is it working?

It works on Samsung software. Infact, most users are using it on the s3 and s4. Please try and let me know if you have issues by posting here or emailing me directly to floatingsms@gmail.com

Sir, i have tested your app and many things to be mentioned here
    Firstly the floating window doesnt show complete message and also doesnt not allow us to scroll message down to read more so how can we reply back without reading complete message.......
    secondly the window sticks at upper side of the screen only please make it movable to other screen area if its possible.....and also make it more color full :D

ok now some information for your help......if you have ever checked CM for xperia devices they have created their own messaging app which is installed when we install CM that messaging app is called Mms.apk and this app is the most customisable and full of features messging app created to date in the history of android....in that app their is a option of pop up message (like your's idea) kindly check that you will come to know what i want to say.....you will get alot of things in that...you can even reply without unlocking screen...

BTW nice effort...... :thumbsup:

I have made it so that only the first 160 characters of the text message is shown (There is a 160 character sending limit on most sms applications) but I will work on it to display the entire text.

I am currently working on enabling to be flinged up and down the screen (kinda like Facebook Chat bubbles)! I will take a look at mms.apk

Thanks!

I couldn't get this to work on Samsung galaxy s4 running jelly beans build 7

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Can you please elaborate on the issue you are facing? If you like, please email me directly to floatingsms@gmail.com with the issue you are having and I hope I can help you.