[Q] Phone Transplant (Xperia S LT26i)

Search This thread

rieljames

Feb 2, 2014
I have an old Xperia S (LT26i) with me and i accidentally dropped it from the 2nd floor. Fortunately, it did not break into many pieces but it did bok the screen on the top left corner and also broke the plastic housing that where the on/off buttom cap is attached. it also caused some damage on the power switch which cause to not work anymore. the accelerometer and the gyro no longer works after that..

I was able to get my hands on another defective LT26i which the old user somewhat broke the board for a cheap price of $20 and instead of buying a new screen/a new Power Button Flex Cable Ribbon and a new case which will cause me around $90 in total (including shipping), is it possible if I just dismantle the the one with the defective board and use its Power Button Flex Cable Ribbon/Housing/Digitizer and put it into mine? will it still work after that?

Ive been looking into some information and i think it would work but i wanted to be sure by asking you pros :)
and will i be able to fix the accelerometer and gyro as well because it seems like i cannot find the location of the acc/gyro on the device.

Im looking at this for reference: sonymania.cz/storage/1331332888_sb_xperia_s_wi.pdf

Any information would really help.. Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: