[Q] Rooted/UnlockedBL/Flashing first timer. I need answers!

Search This thread

spercK

Mar 11, 2014
Hello everybody.

I have just rooted, installed CWM Recovery and unlocked my Xperia P's bootloader (and nandroid backup) and I think i'm ready to get my device a new rom and kernel.
Although, since it's my first time messing around with these things i'd deeply appreciate some help/knowledge.
1) First and most important thing. I can't seem to find any usefull guides about flashing
2) If I flash a custom rom/kernel, can i go back to stock after that?
3) After flashing rom/kernel do i have to keep the files in my SD?
4) If (during or after flashing) my phone bricks, can i get it to work again?

I'm sure more questions will come :p

So, as I mentioned, this is my first time. I know that the ROM/Kernel i pick, is something that I have to decide BUT since you have probably done that hundreds of times and you have by far more knowledge than me.. Which ROM/Kernel do YOU prefer and why?

Phone: Xperia P LT22i on JellyBean 4.1.2
Build Number: 6.2.A.1.100
Root: Yes
Bootloader: Unlocked

Last edited:

bharathbondfire

Jul 23, 2013
bangalore
Hello everybody.

I have just rooted, installed CWM Recovery and unlocked my Xperia P's bootloader (and nandroid backup) and I think i'm ready to get my device a new rom and kernel.
Although, since it's my first time messing around with these things i'd deeply appreciate some help/knowledge.
1) If I flash a custom rom/kernel, can i go back to stock after that?
2) After flashing rom/kernel do i have to keep the files in my SD?
3) If (during or after flashing) my phone bricks, can i get it to work again?

I'm sure more questions will come :p

So, as I mentioned, this is my first time. I know that the ROM/Kernel i pick, is something that I have to decide BUT since you have probably done that hundreds of times and you have by far more knowledge than me.. Which ROM/Kernel do YOU prefer and why?

Phone: Xperia P LT22i on JellyBean 4.1.2
Build Number: 6.2.A.1.100
Root: Yes
Bootloader: Unlocked
1) YES
2) Can delete rom after flashing
3)Yes can get it back if u have stock firmware

spercK

Mar 11, 2014
Guys I have succefully done everything. At least it seems like it lol. Moderators feel free to lock or delete this thread :)