List of top ten launchers

Search This thread

NDragger

Aug 11, 2011
anyone heard about Holo Launcher ?
i replaced launcher pro with Holo Launcher and its great!

Last edited:

deeppans

Oct 11, 2011
I tried Holo on my wife's Galaxy Ace. Going good till now!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

samlingx

Jun 16, 2012
After going through Sense (stock), LauncherPro, GO Launcher, Apex, and finally Nova, I have to give it to Nova for being both smooth and feature-rich. I was wary of switching from Apex because of all the customization it offers, but Nova has everything I loved from Apex and some other nice features, and overall seems to be the smoothest launcher of all the ones I've tried.

jworkcoo

Mar 5, 2010
Columbus
www.abw711.com
I tried so many times to go to another launcher but I keep going back to Go Launcher. Hands down, I can't find anything that better.

Sent from my SPH-D700 .using xda premium

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
OP, I think you should edit the thread title to "top 10 launcher 1.6+" so it's specific that people don't need to mention browsers only for ICS and JB.

Tsf shell 3d deserves a mention too I think. It's one of the fastest launchers I've used.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G
That launcher looks amazing from the videos I've watched of it. The only downside is that I'm not prepared to root just to get a launcher. If it didn't need root access, I would soon pay the steep price for it.

Sent from Sony Xperia S using XDA Premium
Join my threads here and here

bmszabo

May 19, 2007
Tried many, launcher 7 beats them all; Metro interface on my phone, w/ő the MS misery - best of two world's!

Paddington

Dec 19, 2011
After going through Sense (stock), LauncherPro, GO Launcher, Apex, and finally Nova, I have to give it to Nova for being both smooth and feature-rich. I was wary of switching from Apex because of all the customization it offers, but Nova has everything I loved from Apex and some other nice features, and overall seems to be the smoothest launcher of all the ones I've tried.

Same here. I tried TouchWiz, Motoblur, LauncherPro, ADW, Go Launcher, Zeam, Nemus, MXHome, MIUI, Apex, and Nova.

edit: forgot I also tried Launcher 7 and a few others for short periods. I tried probably 15 in all.

On 4.0+, I think the free version of Apex is better than free Nova because of the features. However, if you're willing to spend $4 to get all the Nova Prime features, it is definitely smoother with no FCs or other problems. I use Nova Prime pretty much exclusively now. It was great on ICS, and it has been great on JB.

For 4.0-, I think it depends on the phone. While Go Launcher offers the most customization, themes, etc. for free, it consumed more memory and battery than I liked on my 512 MB RAM Droid Charge. On phones with 512 MB, ADW works fine, but Zeam and Nemus are definitely the cleanest, fastest, and use the least amount of memory and battery. I used Zeam the last couple of months I had my Charge, and my dad has been using Nemus ever since I gave it to him.

Hui_Lan

Jul 3, 2012
I'm using Go launcher, best launcher.
Launcher Pro isn't bad. MIUI launcher too.

Apex launcher's randon apps is also fun but it's not enough to be a good launcher.

Volstagg.The.Valiant

Apr 23, 2012
OP, I think you should edit the thread title to "top 10 launcher 1.6+" so it's specific that people don't need to mention browsers only for ICS and JB.

That launcher looks amazing from the videos I've watched of it. The only downside is that I'm not prepared to root just to get a launcher. If it didn't need root access, I would soon pay the steep price for it.

I completely understand your reluctance to root your phone just for the sake of a launcher. But rooting isn't like unlocking your bootloader.you aren't going to lose anything. Well anything except your warranty maybe ;)

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
I completely understand your reluctance to root your phone just for the sake of a launcher. But rooting isn't like unlocking your bootloader.you aren't going to lose anything. Well anything except your warranty maybe ;)

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
Oh yeah, I know that. But I'd only root if there was a really useful reason for doing so and simply so I can have a launcher doesn't quite cut it ;)
Example - When I had my x10 mini pro, Id been looking for a screenshot app for ages and found out that the only way I could get a screenshot app was to root, so I did so in the knowledge that it would help me out a lot :)