***The Official Goodbye Thread***

Search This thread

vader860

Feb 15, 2012
Who has better rates than Sprint with a 23% discount? That's the dilemma. :(

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

arrogantbastard

Jul 2, 2011
Let me be the first to say buh-bye to all the turncoats and traitors. Good riddance! ;) :p.
May your grass always be greener wherever you go...

[/playful sarcasm]

AB33

Nov 10, 2007
Bye EvoLTE, Sprint data + increased pricing, and non removable battery. 12 yrs w/Sprint and 6 HTC devices. Miss the screen, camera, & keyboard.

On to TMO & the GS3, saved $40 per month, double digit data downloads, and stash batteries all over like my OG and 3D.

Sent from my GS3 via TapaTalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Who has better rates than Sprint with a 23% discount? That's the dilemma. :(

Tmobile, when you have multiple lines (4 lines= $40 savings) and 15% discount with unlimited data on 1 line, unlimited minutes on 2 lines, 500 min and 2GB data on 2 lines (they don't come close to using), 200MB on one line and insurance on all lines.

tyler.durden

Jul 7, 2010
Arlington, TX
I'm happy everyone is leaving... Like Brian Baker said, as soon as I saw both my 60 year old parents using gs3's I knew the evo lte was a perfect choice. I've had no issues with 4g, or 3g... Enjoy your Samsung devices... I've already learned that hard lesson...

Sent From my EVO 4G LTE

Me too. Never had one single problem with any of my Samsung devices... Samsung was my first phone. My lesson learned is that I should've never went away from them.

awillis111

May 10, 2012
Waxahachie, TX
uploadfromtaptalk1354323353810.jpg

drob311

Me too. Never had one single problem with any of my Samsung devices... Samsung was my first phone. My lesson learned is that I should've never went away from them.

I can name at least 5 Samsung devices that are plagued by bad radios and/or poor gps and/or poor bluetooth. I've had an evo shift and now evo lte and my wife still uses the og evo. All the htc devices I've owned have been nothing but flawless, which is more than I can say for the multiple Samsung devices I have owned and tried. To each their own... I'm sticking with htc... Have fun! :beer:

Sent From my EVO 4G LTE

AB33

Nov 10, 2007
If you believe that you are insane.

In all fairness that seems to be the case (more people leaving than joining) because of Sprint's data problems, the EvoLTE having data issues, and the locked battery. HTC is barely staying afloat having profits of 1%, stock falling tremendously. Samsung almost doubled its stock price while bringing in 40% in profits the last year. That all could very well change like when HTC dominated 2010, but presently it isn't looking too good.

I will admit that Samsung phones were bad in the past (wife had a horrible Transform and I knew many people with Epic problems), but after owning my first Sammy phone, I can say they got it right with this one (GS3).

In 2014, If HTC makes an HTC One X 2 or 3 with a MicroSD slot, removable battery, no Sense freeze ups, and good data connections I will probably buy it over the GS5 or Note4 on TMO, until then, we have to wait and see how HTC handles this rough patch.

Last edited:

AB33

Nov 10, 2007
Yeah, but it's all in one place.

LOL...People should stop taking sides. It's not like any of the these companies or carriers are paying us or care. We need to just realize that we need Apple, HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc to put out the best possible products that they can, so we can have EXCELLENT Devices to choose from. At the end of the day all of our likes and needs are different and companies can improve on past weaknesses and the reverse can happen.

For example:
HTC: Hero=Very Good, OG EVO=GREAT, EVO Shift=SOLID, EVO 3D=OK, EVO VIEW=SOLID, EVOLTE=GREAT But....(battery/Sense Freeze/4G connect), Droid DNA=Great But......no expandable memory and locked battery so for my needs it's only Very Good

Samsung: Moment, Intercept and Transform=ALL FAILs, Epic=OK (Horrible/Corrupted updates), GS2=Very Good, Note=Very, Very Good, GS3=GREAT, Note2=GREAT

HTC needs to stop making their phones like iPhones with the locked memory and battery issues...SMH If they are going to do that at least make the battery 3300 mAH and the memory 64GB not 2000 mAH and 16GB.

Reactions: Riff76

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
LOL...People should stop taking sides. It's not like any of the these companies or carriers are paying us or care. We need to just realize that we need Apple, HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc to put out the best possible products that they can, so we can have EXCELLENT Devices to choose from. At the end of the day all of our likes and needs are different and companies can improve on past weaknesses and the reverse can happen.

For example:
HTC: Hero=Very Good, OG EVO=GREAT, EVO Shift=SOLID, EVO 3D=OK, EVO VIEW=SOLID, EVOLTE=GREAT But....(battery/Sense Freeze/4G connect), Droid DNA=Great But......no expandable memory and locked battery so for my needs it's only Very Good

Samsung: Moment, Intercept and Transform=ALL FAILs, Epic=OK (Horrible/Corrupted updates), GS2=Very Good, Note=Very, Very Good, GS3=GREAT, Note2=GREAT

HTC needs to stop making their phones like iPhones with the locked memory and battery issues...SMH If they are going to do that at least make the battery 3300 mAH and the memory 64GB not 2000 mAH and 16GB.

Fair points. But on the 3d, I would give it a fail, same with the shift. And this is from someone who is generally a bit of a fan of HTC devices.

Reactions: AB33 and Riff76

tyler.durden

Jul 7, 2010
Arlington, TX
I can name at least 5 Samsung devices that are plagued by bad radios and/or poor gps and/or poor bluetooth. I've had an evo shift and now evo lte and my wife still uses the og evo. All the htc devices I've owned have been nothing but flawless, which is more than I can say for the multiple Samsung devices I have owned and tried. To each their own... I'm sticking with htc... Have fun! :beer:

Sent From my EVO 4G LTE

Meh, all my Samsungs ran flawless too... My HTCs did for the most part. My Hero was just extremely slow(never rooted), my original EVOs charging port broke after almost a year. My 3D didn't have any issues that I remember except minimal development compared to the previous EVO. My EVO LTE corrupted an SD card which caused a lot of stuff to be lost. I'm not switching because I think HTC phones suck. I don't think they do at all.... I'm just ready for a change, and for something that gets updates in a decent timeframe.

Reactions: Riff76

swaze

Nov 11, 2009
In all fairness that seems to be the case (more people leaving than joining) because of Sprint's data problems, the EvoLTE having data issues, and the locked battery. HTC is barely staying afloat having profits of 1%, stock falling tremendously. Samsung almost doubled its stock price while bringing in 40% in profits the last year. That all could very well change like when HTC dominated 2010, but presently it isn't looking too good.

I will admit that Samsung phones were bad in the past (wife had a horrible Transform and I knew many people with Epic problems), but after owning my first Sammy phone, I can say they got it right with this one (GS3).

In 2014, If HTC makes an HTC One X 2 or 3 with a MicroSD slot, removable battery, no Sense freeze ups, and good data connections I will probably buy it over the GS5 or Note4 on TMO, until then, we have to wait and see how HTC handles this rough patch.

OK I think you mean based on this forum. If that is the case then there are several things wrong with that assumption.

1. Xda only represents maybe 2% of the total evo 4g population. So a 10th of 2% of people leaving is hardly noticeable to sprint or HTC.
2. You only can make any assumption from those few who actually post. There are way more lurkers than posters so again you don't know how many leave vs how many stay because of a small sample size.
3. Sprints data isn't a problem universally. Its select areas where upgrades haven't been done yet or are in process. For instance in bmore prior to the NV and LTE upgrade my 3g was like .04 up and down. Now my 3g is consistently 1.5 up and 1 down....and 15 up and 5 down on LTE. So the data thing is related to area not everywhere.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

AB33

Nov 10, 2007
OK I think you mean based on this forum. If that is the case then there are several things wrong with that assumption.

1. Xda only represents maybe 2% of the total evo 4g population. So a 10th of 2% of people leaving is hardly noticeable to sprint or HTC.
2. You only can make any assumption from those few who actually post. There are way more lurkers than posters so again you don't know how many leave vs how many stay because of a small sample size.
3. Sprints data isn't a problem universally. Its select areas where upgrades haven't been done yet or are in process. For instance in bmore prior to the NV and LTE upgrade my 3g was like .04 up and down. Now my 3g is consistently 1.5 up and 1 down....and 15 up and 5 down on LTE. So the data thing is related to area not everywhere.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

Those points are fair, but remember the initial statements were made with only XDA threads in mind. I do know that HTC and Sprint are scrambling at this point to bounce back. Sprint just had to sell 70% of their company to a Japanese company (Softbank) to help them with their LTE roll out and network while HTC recently had to redesign their entire marketing strategy to try and take back the Market Share they once had. I wish we could open the books to see how the EvoLTE has done so far. From personal experience, I was shocked to see how many used EvoLTE's were on ebay only 2 months after launch which took $100 off from what originally expected to get for it. Down the line we could see a possible Softbank-Sprint-Tmobile-Metro PCS merger which will leave us with 3 giant networks.

Top Liked Posts