I dun goofed. Please help

Search This thread

crazymax1

Jan 25, 2014
Ok, so I flashed a custom rom and kernal and all went wel except my contacts didn't sync. I couldn't pull them from my Nandroid or my Tibu backup. So I tried to flash the backup I did last night and it failed. So I tried to flash another backup from earlier and it said successful in TWRP but it wouldn't boot after. I tried to go back into recovery only to realize that I no longer have my custom recovery. I do have a working stock recovery though.I'm kind of in a jam here and really need the help guys. I probably should have just cut my losses with the contacts.

More details. I flashed Danv's ASOP Kitkat 4.4 with the latest Ktoonez kernal successfully. I tried to recover my stock rooted 1337m 4.3 rooted with Saferoot. It won't boot into it. Maybe the difference in kernal has an issue with that or would that have been taken care of in my Nandroid flash?

Going forward, I'm thinking about another factory wipe and going into download mode with Odin and flashing my stock 1337m firmware to the phone and booting up. I'm just looking for a little direction here since I got in a bit over my head. I thought I did it all by the book by doing a Nandroid,and Tibu backup, and backing Tibu up to Google drive and my SD card, but clearly something didn't go right and now I'm on the ropes. I just want a working phone again. I can't sleep lol. I'm serious.

Last edited:

crazymax1

Jan 25, 2014
Tough crowd eh? So I'm hanging at my boot screen after successfully restoring my Nandroid backup in TWRP. I've lost my custom recovery but I got root before I did through TWRP. If I did a factory reset in the stock recovery, could this potentially fix my boot hang? Or is flashing back to stock 4.3 in Odin the only option? Or is there another method I can force it to boot? I'l be honest: not having my custom recovery and going into the unknown is nerve racking here knowing I don't have my get out of **** card to save my ass. Can I push my Nandroid backup and relfash it through Odin?

Last edited:

hueygunner

Mar 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Tough crowd eh? So I'm hanging at my boot screen after successfully restoring my Nandroid backup in TWRP. I've lost my custom recovery but I got root before I did through TWRP. If I did a factory reset in the stock recovery, could this potentially fix my boot hang? Or is flashing back to stock 4.3 in Odin the only option? Or is there another method I can force it to boot? I'l be honest: not having my custom recovery and going into the unknown is nerve racking here knowing I don't have my get out of **** card to save my ass. Can I push my Nandroid backup and relfash it through Odin?

Can you get in to download mode and if so does it show KNOX security enabled?

azuziel

Nov 26, 2013
By

Tbh I would flash back to stock via a verified stock fw via odin, Reroot, reinstall cwm/twrp, and then flash rom from that point.

Ive never had luck recovering backups cross rom. Whether Nandroid or tb.

Sent from my SGH-I337M

Last edited: