[Q] CM 11 change cursor icon

Search This thread

pietpodlood

Jan 1, 2010
Hello people, I have now completely moved to CM11 on the Note 3 and I'm not looking back. It's brilliant. There are issues like battery life and audio and so on but I expect these issues to be sorted out in the next few weeks. Anyways the thing that grinds my gears the most about CM11 on the N3 is the hovering cursor. I want a visual indicator of where the stylus is, and on the Samsung ROMs it's perfect, however on CM the big black cursor does not look that great. I was wondering if someone with greater knowledge than me could help with this.

cm-11-20140126-NIGHTLY-hltexx\system\framework\framework-res\res\drawable-xxhdpi

'framework-res' is an apk file, that I extracted with 7zip

My idea is to extract the APK file above, and just replace the cursor icon with something smaller or more like the one on Samsung ROMS, then 'remake' (dunno if you compile/compress it) it into a apk, flash this to the device. Would this work or not?

I have attached the two /png images found in the folder above, which I pulled out of the latest CM11 nightly. The basic idea is to replace the cursor with the other icon.

If this is not possible, is there another way to do it? Xposed modules are able to replace battery icons and all sorts of other things. Can the cursor be replaced that way?

Attachments

• pointer_arrow.png
    pointer_arrow.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 643
  • presence_invisible.png
    presence_invisible.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 648
Last edited:

yoarimo

Mar 29, 2012
Same here

Hello people, I have now completely moved to CM11 on the Note 3 and I'm not looking back. It's brilliant. There are issues like battery life and audio and so on but I expect these issues to be sorted out in the next few weeks. Anyways the thing that grinds my gears the most about CM11 on the N3 is the hovering cursor. I want a visual indicator of where the stylus is, and on the Samsung ROMs it's perfect, however on CM the big black cursor does not look that great. I was wondering if someone with greater knowledge than me could help with this.

cm-11-20140126-NIGHTLY-hltexx\system\framework\framework-res\res\drawable-xxhdpi

'framework-res' is an apk file, that I extracted with 7zip

My idea is to extract the APK file above, and just replace the cursor icon with something smaller or more like the one on Samsung ROMS, then 'remake' (dunno if you compile/compress it) it into a apk, flash this to the device. Would this work or not?

I have attached the two /png images found in the folder above, which I pulled out of the latest CM11 nightly. The basic idea is to replace the cursor with the other icon.

If this is not possible, is there another way to do it? Xposed modules are able to replace battery icons and all sorts of other things. Can the cursor be replaced that way?

Hi there! Looking to do the same... No luck so far. I try with other .png but i always got boot loop. Lets wait for some real dev to help us! :D