[ROM] ICS 4.0.3 Acer iconia A200 leak

Search This thread

webwude

Oct 28, 2010
Vienna
Any information about country restrictions? Is this a suitable leak for all countries or just for US / EU / Asia, etc.? Is it multilingual, etc.?

Kind regards,
ww

trilandun

Nov 8, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks for the info. I just purchased an A200.

Unfortunately the update did not work for me. I got the upgrade animation to work (droid with gears inside) then it went to an android with an exclamation point in a yellow triangle.

After the exclamation droid for a few mins it reboots like nothing happened and I am able to get back in like normal.

When you say you put this on an external SD card is that the internal partitioned space or did you actually put a card in the slot?

Thank you!

jhunterb18

May 12, 2009
Westminster, CO

Unfortunately the update did not work for me. I got the upgrade animation to work (droid with gears inside) then it went to an android with an exclamation point in a yellow triangle.

After the exclamation droid for a few mins it reboots like nothing happened and I am able to get back in like normal.

When you say you put this on an external SD card is that the internal partitioned space or did you actually put a card in the slot?

Thank you!

You have to use an external sd card one you put in the slot.

Reactions: trilandun

glukasil

Sep 28, 2006
just got update for new zealand sold tablet..............still 3.2.1.......?
what is going on?

webwude

Oct 28, 2010
Vienna
just got update for new zealand sold tablet..............still 3.2.1.......?
what is going on?

What should "go on"? ICS is NOT officially released (which is indicated by the word "leak" in the first post of thread) - so atm actually nothing will happen, regardless if you are in California, New Zealand, Asia or Europe :rolleyes:

trilandun

Nov 8, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
I got it working.

My main issue was that ES File Explorer defaults to the view of the inter SD card (/sdcard/). My external SD card was listed under /mnt/external_sd/. Once I put the update zip file on the external card and not the internal storage space the update worked great.

For those of you that are getting the android guy with the exclamation point the update file is still on your internal storage (sd card).

jhunterb18

May 12, 2009
Westminster, CO
Dear Acer Iconia A200 Users:

I wanted to let everyone here know that I have stepped out of the tablet scene. I returned my tablet to best buy. Was a great tablet but I wanted it to be able to replace my laptop and it wasn't able to do that. I don't think I'll be able to find a tablet that is capable of doing that at this point in time. Until the next gen of tablets comes out. Have fun with yours!

Best Regards,
JHunterB18

Terrigno

Jul 15, 2010
Raleigh-Durham
ICS Update rolling out now. Someone needs to post it online so the people that installed the leaked version, have a way of getting the official version.

marcelomanzo

Nov 23, 2010
Vaudreuil-Dorion
I made this post for users of the a200 so they could know how to put it on their tablets.

Found this and flashed it to my tablet haven't had any issues with it yet.

To install:

Step 1: download from link (I used my tablet to download it.)
Step 2: rename to update.zip (used esfile explorer to rename and move it)
Step 3: copy file to root of EXTERNAL SD CARD
Step 4: power off tablet
Step 5: press and hold left volume button (button with two dots) and then press and hold power until Acer appears and white text in the upper left corner then release the buttons
Step 6: let it install it shouldn't take all that long
Step 7: Enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich. Suggest rebooting just once to let it settle in

Not responsible for bricking or blowing up your tablet.

this is awesome... and we are still waiting for the ics on Asus TF101

Kevin001111

Aug 6, 2010
Tempe
Is this one of those things where if im on Honeycomb 3.2.1 not rooted i can flash anyway (because ACER made it) and it will still work? because the A200 i bought today came with HC 3.2.1 and cant find the ota ICS update..

melona380

Jun 27, 2014
Lincoln
The Link is Dead

Hi,
I am trying to re-install ICS to my Acer A200, but the link is dead can someone please put it on google drive for me soon!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made this post for users of the a200 so they could know how to put it on their tablets.

http://vache-android.com/v1/download.php?fileID=133

To install:

Step 5: press and hold left volume button (button with two dots) and then press and hold power until Acer appears and white text in the upper left corner then release the buttons
    Step 7: Enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich. Suggest rebooting just once to let it settle in

Not responsible for bricking or blowing up your tablet.

http://vache-android.com/v1/download.php?fileID=133

To install:

Step 5: press and hold left volume button (button with two dots) and then press and hold power until Acer appears

The author has already posted this here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1308469
    Did this for users of the a200 so they can put it on there tablets. its just a how to. Didn't see one in that post. Since there's not a dev section for the a200 yet.

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=565 <~~~This is where you should post this until the A200 has a dedicated section.;)

Edit: Once the dedicated section has been made you can then ask a Mod to move your thread to the forum needed.

Thank you!

You have to use an external sd card one you put in the slot.