Native root method found! Towelroot.com (CVE-2014-3153)

Search This thread

cobra7361

Nov 10, 2013
I have downloaded towelroot and used on my wife's phone...
She took the OTA... It works...but you have to download SuperSU v1.99 and go into the common folder
And install....

windstrings

Nov 22, 2009
I just want to get towel root so I can study more to figure out what I'm doing before I jump... Seems it's no fun going back if you have regrets.

Sent from my GS4 Zombie Communicator

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I was on my phone

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
I just want to get towel root so I can study more to figure out what I'm doing before I jump... Seems it's no fun going back if you have regrets.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I was on my phone

Click the logo on the main page

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jraider44

Oct 6, 2013
Chapel Hill
You must have to donate to get a link, I. Must need to read more, I couldn't even figure out what the lambda was :(

You don't have to donate... The lamda is the symbol in the middle of the page. Just click it and it should download. Or your welcome to use my one drive link. It should work as well. Its just a few posts back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: windstrings

sinner822

Just root. Unlocked bootkoader is needed for custom kernels.

Sent from my white SM G900V on XDA Premium 4

???
Libexploit.so 164.54k in this download.

Libexploit.so 168.55k in the towelroot original download.

Update: Try this onedrive link

Straight from Geohot's website. Enjoy!
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8298DD3904444ACC!119&authkey=!AK7tnuMin3WOISE&ithint=file,.apk

One more update:

To update the SuperSU binaries you need the latest version found here.
http://download.chainfire.eu/447/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip

Just download the zip. In the zip file is a folder labeled common. In that folder is the SuperSU apk. Just install and enjoy!

Everything is good we have Root

Jraider44

Oct 6, 2013
Chapel Hill
If I did one of the downgrade methods and used a pre-rooted stock ROM, is there any advantage to flashing the NC5.tar and rooting with this method? I don't flash ROMs anymore, just run stock?

If you are already rooted, not really any advantage. The only one I can think of is if you go back to stock and root this way there is no dealing with safestrap. As great as it is the boot screen and other parts can be pretty annoying.

If you are already rooted, not really any advantage. The only one I can think of is if you go back to stock and root this way there is no dealing with safestrap. As great as it is the boot screen and other parts can be pretty annoying.

That's what I was thinking. Might do it later this evening, just to do it.

rslu2

Oct 26, 2013

Safestrap still gives you the ability to backup and restore if that matters

Sent from my EGQ307 using XDA Free mobile app

windstrings

Nov 22, 2009
I recommend you download the updatesupersu1.99 zip and install the supersu from the common folder after extracting.

Sorry for newbie questions, but is a/the common folder one created by me off me and if so where is appropriate to create it?

Also once done can I simply install supersu from the playstore?

---edit nvm, I found the zip file with the common directory... Sorry for not reading closer.

Last edited:

windstrings

Nov 22, 2009
WOW! That's the easiest root method I've ever used. Install app, click one button, wait 15 seconds, phone reboots, you're rooted. Re-install Super SU and have fun.

Great! None of the temporary root issues?
Everything seems to work?
No Loss of contacts etc "I have nearly 1000"

Ok to install from SD recommended?

Top Liked Posts