[ROM] MIUI.us v4 ICS 4G WiMax working

Search This thread

darklichny

Dec 27, 2011
NYC
I insist on that too, since the MIUI Android leader is a complete ****, who is racially insensitive and hostile towards handicapped people. There is a fascinate port at MIUI.US though.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully, we can work around that... It's not fair, but unfortunately you can't fix {that} [Carefully Reworded...]
I've been playing with some things on my own, compiling on ^nix, piecing together what i can from here n there...

I've gotten a mutant build going from fascinate 2.4.6 with a homebrew of aokp...
It's an ugly baby, and status bar themes do NOT work, but everything else does...

Sad part is, in the new aokp the GPS fcs out or just wont lock... but MMS works... [but it works with the miui] i wish i knew more about this crap so i could make some kind of breakthru, b/c this is very hit or miss for me... (i fix something, then it wont boot; if i fix that, then the gps works but the touchscreen is slow at responding...)

Much love and respect to the developers, because i've put in about 100 hours in the past 2 weeks and im still a long ways from getting it sorted...

Reactions: grey.ghost

xplus93

May 25, 2010
Exactly. There is a guide on how to port MIUI and if our release schedules are not satisfactory for you, then you can follow the guide and post it here.

I wasn't tryin to stir anything up with my post, just sayin the community has died off a bit when it comes to MIUI. I know you Devs are working on it, but you probably would get discouraged if it looks like no one cares about MIUI. So look at it as me tryin to give you guys a morale boost. Least i can do since i'm too broke to donate.

FrankyFiggz27

Apr 17, 2011
Vatican City
I think they got themes truly fully working now on v4 since last week. Can't wait to go back to miui. I have a feeling it will be the most stable, customizable, and best ics rom out there just from reading forums for other phones that got it.

Sent from the Epoch

darklichny

Dec 27, 2011
NYC
alright!

I think they got themes truly fully working now on v4 since last week. Can't wait to go back to miui. I have a feeling it will be the most stable, customizable, and best ics rom out there just from reading forums for other phones that got it.

Sent from the Epoch

Yeah, i'm looking forward to anything, whenever it comes, i'll be thrilled...

BREWGIRL03

Mar 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I really love updates. Why Marc do you have one. I send you a kiss through the phone if themes work.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
1. is the USB storage app with this..if not the airdroid app is awesome
2. Do themes work fully now?
3. Idk
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    miuiuslogo.png

MIUI.us and TeamKangBang (Epic4GPortTeam) Present
    MIUI ICS v4
    Samsung Epic 4G

Join us and watch the team work through bugs and see updates happening right in front of your eyes!
    MIUI Google Doc

Downloads

http://roms.miui.us

SCREENSHOTS

NOTE: Nobody is responsible for anything that happens as a result of you flashing this. We will try to help to our fullest extent but cannot promise anything.

If you use a kernel, mod, or theme that is not included in this ROM, do not come to this thread to complain. Once you flash a mod, kernel, or theme, you are no longer using MIUI.us

What Doesn't Work
    Nothing

What Works
    Themes
    Facebook sync
    v6 supercharger (you still have to run the script yourself)
    No phantom vm!
    Phone service (Fascinate MIUI porters & Epic CM team & darkierawr & marcusant)
    Physical keyboard and software keyboard (G2 MIUI devs & marcusant & xboxfanj & xBTx & CM team & Aluminous)
    Accelerometer (Epic CM team)
    Multi touch (Epic CM team)
    GPS (Epic CM team)
    SMS and MMS (darkierawr)
    Camera (Epic CM team)
    Video recording (Epic CM team)
    Everything else I forgot (Epic CM team, Samsung, Google, MIUI team, Nexus S MIUI porters, Fascinate MIUI porters, xboxfanj, marcusant, darkierawr, xBTx, etc.)
    4G WiMax (rlasalle15, blind, JAfterdark, |0xD34D|, darklichny, xboxfanj
    Everything

If you find a bug, please run "adb logcat > logcat.txt" and attach the logcat with a detailed explanation on how to reproduce the bug in question.

.​
    CHANGELOG​

Since A1/2
    Updated to miui 2.3.16
    Updated to CM9 B0
    Updated kernel to one compiled with noobnl's display fixes
    New lockscreen
    New gallery
    Themes fixed
    USB storage quickfix until we can fix it completely
    Switch to MIUI.us
    Updated GAPPS
    Re-added v6 supercharger fix
    Added facebook sync fix
    Added phantom VM fix (we think)
    More
    I'm going to release the build tonight most likely, barring any unforeseen bugs.
    MIUI.us 2.6.8...

Good day everyone, I present you with MIUI.US v4 Version 2.6.8

First things first:
    AGAIN, Please be sure to thank ALL of the following Devs for their efforts on getting this rom to the point it is now:
    Special thanks to Scott951, BigRushDog, |0xD34D|, Blind, RLasalle15, xboxfanj, Jafterdark, Death259, Marcusant and many more!!

MIUI.us 2.6.8 Patch Notes: 2.6.8 Patch Notes

Installation Instructions:
    Perform a FULL wipe if you aren't on a previous build...
    Download rom here:Miui 2.6.8
    I personally ALWAYS wipe before an install, but if you choose to flash over another build, be aware there may be data issues, if this happens, WIPE and reflash fresh

What works:
    Lockscreen music works correctly (Play, Pause, Previous/Next track, etc..)
    Proper reboot menu (Normal, Recovery, Hot Boot)
    3G working from fresh install correctly
    4G connects and stays connected
    MMS works, SMS works, but SMS SPLIT does not...
    USB storage working (UMS app)
    GPS working

WHAT DOESN'T WORK (yet):
    miui toolbox to change bar settings (Still working on it)

About the kernel:
    This rom has Nyan Kernel v5 in it:
    info here: Nyan Kernel v5 {With Voodoo}...

If you do not want the TWRP recovery (which is the default), use this zip to flash and remove it:
    http://marcusant.com/android/epic/restore-cwm.zip

Below you see some screens of the new music app, etc...
    Screenshot_2012-06-06-21-37-09.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-06-21-38-19.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-06-21-38-39.png
    screenshot2012053020433.png
    screenshot2012060922073.png

once upon a time... lots of hard working developers came up with the idea that 4g could work on miui...

Marcusant repeatedly smashed several faces into his keyboard
    Rlasalle15 went thru 100 cases of jolt cola, xbox dug some friends out from under his porch, death never sleeps anyhow

attachment.php

attachment.php

Special thanks to rlasalle15, blind, |0xD34D| and Jafterdark for wimax

Here you go:
    http://min.us/mppPVE3Cb