[Q] Update 4.3/4.4 changes internal storage?? How to keep files.HELP

Search This thread

robotzki

Mar 27, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi, this is probably a noob question but i couldn't find the topic elsewhere on this forum . I just from stock based rom to 4.4 carbon rom. But when i do i loose all my saved data on internal storage,. luckily i did a backup that i copied to pc, so i could restore my previous system - and wiola - files are back! the same happened after 4.3 rom update. It seems that the newer androids change something, so that the system detects the interneal storage differently. Or is this just my phone? any way to prevent this from happening ----- or would my nest option be to backup and copy everything on my pc and then do a format of sdcard and copy everything back on when doing an update????

D4rk_W0lf

Oct 31, 2013
Hi, this is probably a noob question but i couldn't find the topic elsewhere on this forum . I just from stock based rom to 4.4 carbon rom. But when i do i loose all my saved data on internal storage,. luckily i did a backup that i copied to pc, so i could restore my previous system - and wiola - files are back! the same happened after 4.3 rom update. It seems that the newer androids change something, so that the system detects the interneal storage differently. Or is this just my phone? any way to prevent this from happening ----- or would my nest option be to backup and copy everything on my pc and then do a format of sdcard and copy everything back on when doing an update????

Hi, i'm on dokmo project 4.4 from stock and usually it don't delete the previous data from stock because it use a different folder to mount the internal storage, so things before going into 4.4 or 4.3 it would be still inside but is safer to do a backup just in case

robotzki

Mar 27, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi, i'm on dokmo project 4.4 from stock and usually it don't delete the previous data from stock because it use a different folder to mount the internal storage, so things before going into 4.4 or 4.3 it would be still inside but is safer to do a backup just in case

I know the previous data is not deleted. The problem is that i cant access it. I installed carbon 4.4 rom again, and settings/storage it shows, that only 15GB of the internal storage are accessable... So around 10GB are missing... Is there anyway to get access to this space, or will i have to format de internal storage to get the full 25 GB space again?

D4rk_W0lf

Oct 31, 2013
I know the previous data is not deleted. The problem is that i cant access it. I installed carbon 4.4 rom again, and settings/storage it shows, that only 15GB of the internal storage are accessable... So around 10GB are missing... Is there anyway to get access to this space, or will i have to format de internal storage to get the full 25 GB space again?

I don't know if u can access it without root, but in root explorer if you look for sdcard folder it will show you two folders, legacy and 0, i think it was inside legacy

robotzki

Mar 27, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I saw those two folders in root Explorer, but they both contained the same content... And still couldn't access my old files.... Ended up backing all files to my PC, and format sd card from Cwm. Now I have full access to storage again

ShazZ94

Feb 11, 2014
Catania
when you update from stock "4.1.2" to 4.2 or following the files will migrate to another folder,whit root browser check if your file are in the folder data/media/0 .