[Q] What costum recovery are you using?

Search This thread

X-zone

Dec 26, 2012
I just got my new Galaxy Note II N7105 (LTE version), and because custom recovery is first on my to-do list, I'm curious what recovery everyone is using and why. I've found the official CWM/CWM touch, but no thread about TWRP.

PS: Where can I download the right version of odin if I going flash the CWM .img?

Regards,
X-zone

Last edited:

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
I just got my new Galaxy Note II N7105 (LTE version), and because custom recovery is first on my to-do list, I'm curious what recovery everyone is using and why. I've found the official CWM/CWM touch, but no thread about TWRP.

PS: Where can I download the right version of odin if I going flash the CWM .img?

Regards,
X-zone

This is advanced cwm for note 2
Phliz touch.
On link there zip files to flash with custom recovery. Also tar files to flash with odin
http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100
Search for odin 3.09 on forum its last version now

Correct me if i am wrong but isn't the link that you provided only for N7100 and he has a N7105(LTE)edition and he should be using this version instead http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/t0lte ?

Reactions: X-zone

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Which one do you prefer?
i started off Philz but been going back and forth between philz and twrp cause at times certain ROMs refuse to boot up with either of the recoveries. Also philz at times has issues with running aroma mods ,so i switch to twrp flash what i need and go back to philz so it's a matter of preference and what the situation demands.So if i were you i'd have both saved on external sd card and just use either of them if encounter issue with the other one :)

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Oh youre right. I misread the model. Sorry about that :cowboy:
Yes please next time read carefully what the person is asking cause flashing the recovery from another model could brick your device,it happens with all of us but precaution should be taken:)

X-zone

Dec 26, 2012
i started off Philz but been going back and forth between philz and twrp cause at times certain ROMs refuse to boot up with either of the recoveries. Also philz at times has issues with running aroma mods ,so i switch to twrp flash what i need and go back to philz so it's a matter of preference and what the situation demands.So if i were you i'd have both saved on external sd card and just use either of them if encounter issue with the other one :)

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Yes please next time read carefully what the person is asking cause flashing the recovery from another model could brick your device,it happens with all of us but precaution should be taken:)

Thanks for the info! Do you think the issues that you encountered with philz affects the official CWM too?

X-zone

Dec 26, 2012

Thanks! I have now flashed Philz, but I have one question. When you're suppose to enter recovery mode, I've read that you're suppose to press Power + Menu + volume Up simultaneously until you enter recovery. But when I do that I only get a loop: Samsung galaxy Note 2 --> Black screen --> Samsung galaxy Note 2, etc etc. But when i release the power button I enter the recovery. Is this normal?

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Thanks! I have now flashed Philz, but I have one question. When you're suppose to enter recovery mode, I've read that you're suppose to press Power + Menu + volume Up simultaneously until you enter recovery. But when I do that I only get a loop: Samsung galaxy Note 2 --> Black screen --> Samsung galaxy Note 2, etc etc. But when i release the power button I enter the recovery. Is this normal?
Press them simultaneously and let go of all 3 buttons when you see samsung note 2 logo if you keep them pressed even after seeing the logo phone will bootloop

Reactions: X-zone

Top Liked Posts