[Q] Replaced digitizer touch screen on Asus Transformer T300 but is not working

Search This thread

Steveg10

Jan 2, 2014
Hi, my asus transformer T300 screen cracked. So I replaced the digitizer with a brand new one. (Correct Model 5158n) Put everything back and all looks ok but the touch screen is not working at all. My tablet comes on and I can see the screen but I unable to touch anything on the screen. I opened the tablet back up and reconnected everything about 5 times but the touch screen still doesn't work. Any Ideas. When I navigate down to the developer options using the keyboard and select show touches, I get a load of white dots flying around the screen. What does this mean? Do I have a faulty digitizer or is there anything else I can try to get the digitizer touch screen to start working.

Many Thanks

Steve G

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
Hi, my asus transformer T300 screen cracked. So I replaced the digitizer with a brand new one. (Correct Model 5158n) Put everything back and all looks ok but the touch screen is not working at all. My tablet comes on and I can see the screen but I unable to touch anything on the screen. I opened the tablet back up and reconnected everything about 5 times but the touch screen still doesn't work. Any Ideas. When I navigate down to the developer options using the keyboard and select show touches, I get a load of white dots flying around the screen. What does this mean? Do I have a faulty digitizer or is there anything else I can try to get the digitizer touch screen to start working.

Many Thanks

Steve G

Did you toggle the service switch to off before removing the old digitizer?

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

Steveg10

Jan 2, 2014
Did you toggle the service switch to off before removing the old digitizer?

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

No I didnt. do you think that has affected the digitizer ot the touchscreen board? and do you think not toggling the switch would have affected anything else? How do you think I can fix this problem? Would it be worth replacing the touchscreen main board?

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
No I didnt. do you think that has affected the digitizer ot the touchscreen board? and do you think not toggling the switch would have affected anything else? How do you think I can fix this problem? Would it be worth replacing the touchscreen main board?

Yeah your touch screen main board is probably fried try to replace and toggle that switch off next time!