CyanogenMod 11.0 for AT&T HTC One XL - evita

Search This thread

nerk69

Mar 21, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe our hardware supports it.

Well, from what I was able to find online, our phones use the Qualcomm WCN3660. According to their website, it is "Bluetooth compliant with the BT specification version 4.0 (BR/EDR+BLE)". Hmm, looks like the same chip that is in the Nexus 4.

I bought this phone on launch day thinking that it already supported this. I still have a BLE heart rate monitor in a box waiting until I can get an BLE enabled phone. :sigh:

Hopefully the brilliant devs will be able to figure this out.

Last edited:

tfngwena

Feb 28, 2011
Well, from what I was able to find online, our phones use the Qualcomm WCN3660. According to their website, it is "Bluetooth compliant with the BT specification version 4.0 (BR/EDR+BLE)". Hmm, looks like the same chip that is in the Nexus 4.

I bought this phone on launch day thinking that it already supported this. I still have a BLE heart rate monitor in a box waiting until I can get an BLE enabled phone. :sigh:

Hopefully the brilliant devs will be able to figure this out.

Yeah apparently it does according to the UK HTC OneXL site "Bluetooth with aptX™ enabled (Bluetooth® 4.0)"

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
Yea...hope the new update comes out soon...eager to try it myself..but not until sms-mms works..

boomn

Feb 2, 2011
Yeah apparently it does according to the UK HTC OneXL site "Bluetooth with aptX™ enabled (Bluetooth® 4.0)"

Bluetooth 4.0 includes both regular higher speed, higher power modes like in previous BT versions as well as the new low power BLE mode, and a device doesn't have to support BLE to say that it has BT4.0. Unless they specify BLE, or "Bluetooth Smart", then it probably doesn't support it

Reactions: pandasa123

Wonton Soup

Jun 13, 2012
Havent been this antsy since the sense 5 rom releases lol

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11.0 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is the official Nightly Build of CM11.0 for the AT&T HTC One XL.

To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, please follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    1. S-Off your device (Do this before RUU'ing and it will not wipe your /sdcard).
    2. Update to 3.18 RUU or later.
    3. Flash a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM with SELinux capabilities).
    4. Download latest nightly from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=evita.
    5. Locate 4.4 Gapps via a quick Google search.
    6. Wipe factory/data reset in recovery before installing CM11.0 (unless you are already on a CM11.0 build).
    7. Reboot into recovery and install nightly and gapps.

List all Questions and Off-Topic discussions here

Changelog

Huge thanks:
    intervigil, deck, and mdmower - Great team to work with for the HTC MSM8960 device family.
    New build up.

No im not having issues, just wanted to try to get Bluetooth fixed before releasing the next build....but for now it only has the SMS/MMS fix in it.

the HTC One is pretty much done so focus is going back to this family again. I've been rolling my face on the keyboard trying to get bluetooth to work. I'm still working on it.

Thanks,
    -h8
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/47827/ was just merged. This completely disables fitrim. I will build it into a build in a bit (hopefully tonight, maybe tomorrow) and put this up with a huge red warning telling people to beware~~!

Seriously though, new insight from a lead in CM explained that trim runs at 80% or higher battery when idle (off the charger) and 30% or lower (on the charger) when idle. This is why alot of you "woke up" and found your devices wouldn't turn on. Or that you had a full charge, pulled it out of your pocket and it magically was bricked (greater than 80%, off charger and idle). It appears the amount of time it needed to be idle in those battery conditions was no less than 71 minutes (there's a math calculation in there...).

We have completely disabled FITRIM (the #if CONFIG_ENABLE_FITRIM does not exist, therefore its skipped over) so trim won't even run. We are coming up on the timeframe very quickly that nightlies for 10.2 will begin. I will have a build out for you to test out and if i stop seeing bricks, we'll go to nightlies (yay!). If i continue seeing bricks, the whole CM team (every maintainer and lead) will likely be in a giant discussion on what is happening.

In the meantime, people with bricks, go work with Zarboz and/or mobiletechvideos and have your phones unbricked. Zarboz is nice enough to work with you for a very low cost / free. But since mobiletechvideos charges something like $50 for a jtag, PLEASE donate if you work with Zarboz. Thank him for spending the $150-$200 on a riffbox and diligently working on phones for low cost / free just because you are a member of XDA. You can't beat that and I applaud him and plan on donating heavily to him shortly.

Thanks, and if you have any questions regarding the FITRIM disable, please join #cyanogenmod-evita (not for 10 seconds, get an IRC client and hang out dang it :) ) on Freenode and talk with your fellow evita owners and i'm on fairly often.

-h8rift
    Attention everyone:

Thanks to intervigil and the data you all provided us, we were able to figure out that the HTC One XL uses Samsung EMMC chips. If you never owned a Samsung SGS2 or later or have never read the horror stories from Samsung devices until recently, you will have inevitably heard of the "EMMC Brick Bug".

Apparently, some revisions of the EMMC chip of our devices *are* susceptible to the brick bug. To check for yourself, download the EMMC Brick Bug app from the play store, give it root privileges and it will tell you if you are susceptible or not and what FwRev you are on.

The Great News:

We've already committed the fix to keep the EMMC from bricking even if you *are* susceptible to the kernel. I'm going to create a build and put it up shortly that will negate any more worry, paranoia, or bricks on these devices. This was also backported to CM-10.1 nightlies which was also susceptible to the brick bug. HTC's stock ROMs already had a check for this. When we built the 3.4 kernel from scratch, we did not have such checks in place. We do now. To those who HAVE bricked, I apologize but also thank you for helping us narrow down this possibly catastrophic problem for all other users. I hope you are all able to get your phones jtagged and then you will be able to safely re-flash CM or other AOSP roms (which use our code, so same thing could happen).

Thanks again, and I will have a build up in a few hours with this bug fix in it. You will *not* need to check the EMMC Brick Bug app with the new builds going forward. If you decide to flash the build that is up right now PLEASE check the EMMC Brick Bug app.

Thank you,
    -h8